Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

Spectre Blue Hair Gloss

Eucalyptus and cerulean aodh, iris padilla, dried blueberry, and blue musk.

In the bottle, blueberry dominates, though eucalyptus is the first scent to hit my nose. The blueberry is more pervasive, though. There's something solid and inviting, like an oudh, but the whole is swathed in blue. Under the other notes, I get a little light blue musk that reminds me just a bit of that in Bestiaire du Moyen Age.

On my hair, my first thought is blue linen. The part I'm perceiving as lineny reminds me of Boo. Then the note mostly resolves into iris, except that I like it better than I usually like iris. I can imagine getting a laundry impression from this blend, though, even though that's not quite it.

Anyway, it's blue. No fear on that account. Blueberry, blue musk. On my hair, there's only a trace of eucalyptus.

I'm wearing this with Aquae bath oil and kinda like how they go together. Blue Roman bathhouse, or something.

I think I was hoping for more of a blueberry scent on this one - but it's still very evocative of something otherworldly.

It's pretty heavy on the eucalyptus at first, then musk dominates for a little bit, then I get the blueberries :D

It reminds me of one of the Blue Moon blends - it must be the blue musk.

This hair gloss is lovely, and quite different from the other glosses I have.

This fragrance is so odd. That's kind of why I got it. It just sounded really different, and it is. When I first sprayed it, while in my bathroom, I got a smell that reminded me of the numbing agent in sore throat sprays. I guess that was the eucalyptus, b/it didn't really read that way to me. It just smelled medicinal. Then I got weird medicinal blueberry followed, I think, by musk and oud. Then it became a whispy sort of chemical, yet pleasant smell in which I don't really get any particular notes. Honestly, it doesn't smell like a perfume to me, more like the way cool air would smell in a place. When I walked back into the bathroom later, I did get a vague blueberry impression, but I don't smell any on me.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. It's definately interesting and evocative. I'll have to wear it some to see if it grows on me. I would say though, that if you are wanting a strong, juicy smelling blueberry, this might disappoint.

ETA - The feel of this scent reminds me a little of The First Time I Saw a Ghost.

Edited by VetchVesper

This reminds me (in bottle) of one of my favorite blueberry/Oolong tea and in my hair it has dried to just a lovely eucalyptus, blueberry comfort cloud. LOVE this!!!!

Thanks to the generous swapper for a tiny tester of this!

At first note, I just get the eucalyptus, powdery iris, and blue musk and it sort of smells unpleasant. But then the blueberry blooms, the eucalyptus recedes, and I'm left with a blueberry and iris mix that is fruity and delicate. It gets slightly more perfumey as it dries, and I am assuming that it is the oudh. Top notch, and would definitely buy a bottle of this.

ETA: Again, when first sprayed the combination of powdery iris and blue musk is unpleasant to me, to the point that I go OMG am I really putting this on my hair? And then I comb my fingers through my hair, and the blueberry pops up, so does a teensy bit of oudh, and the iris basically vanishes. It ends up a ghostly blueberry like smell and I love it. But yeah, the first 30 seconds makes me question my sanity.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Testing on wrist because my hair is not long enough to sniff.

The opening was unpleasant on me as well. But soon after the blueberry comes through and stays in the lead all the way until the drydown.