Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
annemathematics

Raven Black Hair Gloss

Ink musk, incense tar, black patchouli, and polished cedar.

an absolutely beeeeeeauuuuutiful black musk scent! I can suss out the patch in this, but it's very much a background player. cedar, which loves to amp on me, is not easily detectable. this is stunning dark musk surrounded by very light wafts of rich incense.

alas, the throw and wear-length are almost nil. if this shifts with a bit of time, then backup bottles will be acquired. even if this stays light, I'll still enjoy the heck out of my bottle. at the very least, the heartbreakingly low throw is extremely workplace-safe.

eta months later now, the throw has picked up a bit and the notes are coming out more, also developing/merging in the most beautiful of ways. there's something in here (the ink of the musk?) that adds tendrils of a beautiful feminine perfume to what I had anticipated (at the time of Add To Cart) to be a more unisex/masculine leaning scent. very very pretty!

Edited by annemathematics

It is pretty faint, but then I guess even hardened black musk lovers like me don't want to smell like they've been dipped in the stuff. Cedar can be overwhelming too but it's well behaved here and gently rounded by the incense. As it is, this is exactly what I want my hair to smell like, when I can smell anything at all.

If only there was a perfume version. I'm sad I don't have long hair.

Maybe I just have the right chemistry for this because the smell lasts forever in my hair. Like between showers and sweating at work long. I love cedar smells and it's not overpowering just this little wiff of incense and cedar. I'd buy more if I could afford it but alas.

I have been longing for a dark/black musk HG for some time now. So glad to finally have one! The cedar is surprisingly nice in this (not usually a big fan). The patchouli doesn't take over at all. This is beautifully blended. Dark, sultry. I will happily be wearing it with things like Panther Moon, Raven Moon, The Cat, Haunted, Playful Wooden Mallets, Black Temple Burlesque....(I like dark musk, OK?) I only got a decant because I wasn't sure about the cedar, but I'll be grabbing a full sized bottle before it disappears.

(I will also be combining this with The Card Game HG to try to create that dark fruit and dark musk vibe of Luna Negra...really excited to test that out!)

Cologney black musk, hints of cedar and patchouli. This one is gender neutral/slightly masculine. That said, mr. zee_zee was "Oooh, you smell good." I'm actually not that fond of this scent and much prefer Spectre Blue. Good throw and wear length.

This is very incense-heavy and musky on me and I love it. I can detect the cedar but it's not very prominent. This is such a beautiful HG that I've worn it multiple days in a row, which I almost never do. I'll treasure my bottle!