Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Moranna_Morgaine

Lycanthrope Brown Hair Gloss

Ochre musk, oudh, coffee bean, cacao, and patchouli.

Got mine last week and it smells like a poet's coffee house. It leaves the hair bouncy and shiny but the smell lasts forever. It resembles (wet) a hot cocoa coffee but once it has dried it really reminds me of a metaphysical coffee shop or something out of Hogsmeade in HP series.

Have to agree with Moranna above.....

In my decant, sniffing....I get a sweet-ish coffee scent. I know there is cacao in the notes, but it doesn't seem like a cacao note oddly, but something sweet.

In my damp hair, I get a quick whiff of something that is close to almost smelling like Boomslang (LOVE) but then it quickly changes.... I don't get coffee or cacao or even any patchouli (which is ok) but there is something sweet and a little sharp....but not in a foodie way at all. Doesn't last long on me and I can see where this would be more of a sophisticated book shop scent. Not sure it's for me... have to live with it for a bit!

You’d think I’d learn by now that musks and I generally don’t get along. This starts out very muted. Where the notes would typically lead you to think of a snarly but sweet forest, which is sort of what I wanted, you instead get the impression of light, wet woods behind a mist. There’s a touch of powdery coffee lingering behind that. It’s unexpected but intriguing.

Then the ochre musk goes all rabid on me and turns the wolf into a whimper, because it goes powdery-plastic in about 15 min. The forest melts into a puddle of fake home décor plants and cheap cologne.

I really wish it worked because my husband is a huge werewolf fan, but even he thought it smelled too much like a commercial scent after the initial pleasantry. If you like musks, go for it, but I can’t just get the buggers to work for me.

Wow, this is beautiful. It reminds me of nuzzling a big fluffy sweater. It smells warm and is a perfect gloss for the colder months especially. The notes that strike me the most are the musk, cacao, and oudh. This to me doesn't smell like a blatant coffee scent, which I am really happy with because personally coffee and chocolate tends to go wonky for me.

I don't know how many of you have smelled Burberry Brit Sheer, but the musk reminds me of that fragrance. Only better of course. ;)

A dark, snugly musk sweetened by cocoa. Wafts of coffee scent give this some coffee house ambiance without smelling outright like a coffee house.

I'm not detecting any Patchouli but there is an Oudh-ish haze in the background buoying this scent.

I am happy that I took a chance on this one.

I can smell all of the notes listed in this at first, and it's so yummy - toasty, creamy, comforting coffee sweetened with melting, warm, sweet milk chocolate and hints of chewy patchouli over a base of furry, warm, slightly powdery, brown musk and dry, woody, slightly resinous smelling oudh. It's like a coffee house in an old book store. I wish that the coffee and cocoa stuck around longer than they do, but I'm left with a powdery, warm musk and woods after about twenty minutes. A little too powdery for me. By the half hour mark, it smells like I dusted baby powder through my hair, and I really miss the sweeter notes.

Toasty, creamy oudh with touches of cocoa and patchouli, with just a touch of coffee. It dries slightly muskier than that on my hair.

The one hair gloss that seems to last forever on me, this is dark musk and cocoa, mostly. Very edible smelling but a bit powdery with the oude.

I was hoping for the coffee to have a more dominate role in the mix but honestly, all I'm getting is Enraged Groundhog Musk in hair gloss form. Like it's a dead ringer for EGM so if you like that, you're gonna die for this. They don't even share any direct notes except for the cacao link with the chocolate cherry but it's uncannily similar to me. It's nice but not what I was expecting. Another one that I'm going to try aging on. Hopefully it brings out the coffee and oudh a bit more as well as makes it last a bit longer 'cause she's a quick one.

Mmm! I get a big hit of coffee and cocoa, with musky undertones, and it's AWESOME. This is sprayed on my shirt b/c I already have HG in my hair. This reminds me of the coffee note in Café Mille. In fact, I immediately want to wear the two together. Oh yum, this is just so good. I am so glad I went for the full bottle, a decant would not have been enough. I have a ton of coffee scents and am so happy to finally have a gloss to go with them. I also want this in perfume. And bath oil. It's a sugary coffee musky heaven and I just adore it. I also want whatever this ochre musk is in single note format. Liz is a happy camper right now. A happy Lycanthrope? Whatever. Happy.

initially there's identifiable coffee, sweetened by cacao and rendered more perfume-y and less foodie thanks to the oudh and patch.

within a one-to-two hours, it dries down to the soft, beloved musk from faunalia, mr prenderghast, etc, with a hint of lingering lightly-smoky sweetness from the above notes. soft, gentle, very pretty. this stage lasts in my hair overnight.

this might be my secret favorite (please don't tell raven black!) from a release chock full of gorgeous scents and glosses. there's just something about that musk that never fails to make me smile...