Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Vampire Seraglio Atmosphere Spray

A symphony of deviance, darkly beguiling: blood musk, red sandalwood, aged North African sweet patchouli, urfa pepper, yenibahar, and Turkish carnations.

I guess the closest comparison to this is The Woman in Black.

Sprayed, it's definitely very red-musky off the initial blast, and then it definitely gets a bit more floral and is lighter in spirit than The Woman in Black. The spices are a bit lighter, and the patchouli is not 'dirty,' it adds a nice leafy depth to the red musk. The carnations are definitely a tickling high, fainter presence so they're not front and center. All in all it's quite a nice, spicy oriental floral, with emphasis on the sweetness as opposed to the spiciness. It's like... uh, I guess part of the spicy part of Morocco but definitely more forward on the patchouli, so it's not quite as smooth as Morocco. I hope that makes sense.

Deep rich burgundy with a lighter carnation element. The spices aren't strong enough to trigger sneezing. The patchouli is present. It almost smells like red patchouli. Cozy scent, but might not be for people who dislike patchouli as a room scent.

I usually love every note listed in this, but everything here is very sharp. The musk reminds me of a cheap, hazy white musk, and I get lots of sharp pepper and not much else. It's dry and musky, but not the blood musk that I'm used to (which is more like a metallic red musk with cinnamon). I was hoping for more patchouli, and this just doesn't have any sweetness to it, which makes it unpleasant to me.

This is Crimson from the Crimson Peak line in atmosphere spray form. Maybe a little more sharp and spicy but very similar. I said Crimson was like a sexed-up Nag Champa and I'd say that exactly applies to this too. Has pretty good lasting power too. Love!

Fans of red musk rejoice! This is surely the red msk-centric room spray you've been waiting for.

I know that for me, as a huge fan of red musk, this is perfect for my room/fabric scenting needs. It is so unbelievably sexy and musky. The scent of a vampire's boudoir, for sure.

Also, I love the label.

Red musk, patchouli, carnations, and seduction! This smells heady, and gothic, and like seduction and temptation, and pain (but only because you asked!). Very sexy and atmospheric.

Red musk with a bit of a metallic tang to it. Spicy with the subtle carnation and a spicy kick (apparently from the urfa pepper). I had to look urfa pepper up because I love the bite it gives and it's a Turkish chili. The patchouli is there of course but it's all about the musk. Love it.

Deep red musk and spicy carnation stand out the most, though there is a backing of woody patch at the base of the fragrance.  On linens, the sandalwood becomes more apparent, with its dry, dust quality.  This smells plush, sumptuous, and textured, like deep velvet - red of course.  I don't notice the urfa pepper specifically, but this does have a nose tingly quality.  My brain just chalks that up to the carnation though.  Really beautiful and a good bet for those who love red musk.  An ATMO equivalent to CP's Crimson.  

Edited by VetchVesper

Literally just got this, warm, from the mailbox.  I sprayed it because I wanted the place to smell like something other than wildfire. 

This is sexy in the air: musk, warm patchouli, and sandalwood with enough carnation to keep it from becoming foreboding.  It's definitely broody.

I hope I still love it when the smoke is gone.  I will have to try it in linens, too.  I've never tried any of the atmos in linens.

Edited by DigitalCoyote