Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mollison

The Ghost Story Atmosphere Spray

Frederick Smallfield

Beeswax, candle smoke, yellowed paper, leather bindings, and cake with a death-chilled sliver of ectoplasm.

Just got this in the mail, sprayed it onto a Halloween bar towel.

I can definitely smell the beeswax and candle smoke! I'm getting a really cozy smell overall that is like a whole candelabra of lit beeswax candles in a warm room. I can smell a little bit of the cake baking in the kitchen, but it is pretty far off. I am smelling crumbling paper as well, and what must be leather giving it an edge. But mostly, this is warm beeswax! It's just lovely. I don't smell ectoplasm, but I'm not sure what that is supposed to smell like. :lol:

Just as promised, slightly smoky beeswax, vanilla cake and leather (the leather fades after the initial spray, becoming less prominent.) I also get paper, but I sprayed it in a room with a lot of books, so it's hard to tell what is the room and what is the spray. Some of it is certainly the spray though.

Cozy!

Editing to say this smells like a thick slice of faintly lemony vanilla cake mixed with Candlelight atmosphere spray and old books. It's good.

Edit: Apparently long after I quit smelling it, I still get the occasional sniff of candle smoke.

Edited by patina

I don't smell smoke, paper, leather, cake or whatever ectoplasm is, but if you wanted an atmosphere spray that was lots of heavy, super sweet honey/beeswax, then this is for you. It actually smells exactly like The Lights of Men's Lives to me. Waxy, almost oily, super-sweet honey. Starts off very strong, but faded to almost nothing on the throw pillows I sprayed it on after about a half hour.

I was hoping for more of a haunted library smell but I also only get a very sweet honey/beeswax scent without any old books present. For me, it lasted quite a while.

Edited by alterosen

This is like if Lights of Men's Lives and The Sharing of the Cake Between the Lion and the Unicorn had a ghost baby! It's sweet, waxy, with some richness from the leather/wax combo. There is a tad of lift from an ecto note-a little minty, but only if I'm really looking for it. I consider it gourmand.

This is beautiful, to my nose. An instant favourite. Creamy sweet beeswax and smoke. I agree the cake note is similar to The Sharing of The Cake HG, and when that mixes with the beeswax there is somewhat of a similar feel, only less sweet, and quite smoky to me. I really love it. I sprayed it on a throw pillow to test, and am now in the process of spraying down my whole house. I will likely snag another bottle when Yules drop. I think this is my favourite Atmo that I have tried thus far (except for Red Lantern, but I use that sparingly).

Beeswax, cake, dust, and a whiff of leather. This smells dusty, chilly, and kinda sweet. Interesting and atmospheric, but not for me.