Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Gallows Ghost Atmosphere Spray

Sir Philip Burne-Jones

Thick snow banks, wet soil, and frost-caked wood shrouded in opoponax, labdanum, and birch tar.

Ok, so I like this a lot!

This definitely has almost a cool, Yule-like feel to it. It smells like mud, in a good way, kind of loamy and sweet, but not as pungent with mushrooms as Graveyard Dirt. So it's a bit rich, like Penny Dreadful-level soil, a grittiness. The wood is kissed with mint, but only enough to bring the snow/slush note forward. The tar component may be like a vetiver-ish smokiness smoldering under the surface. I can definitely detect the labdanum in the drydown, which mingles with the opoponax to create a pretty unique gummy resinous base. Over time it hovers in the air a smoky resin, more than an environmental scent, and it's a lovely darkness.

Sweet snow and fungus-y graveyard dirt. The labdanum and opoponax almost smell like root beer. Almost, but not quite. Then they subside and I mostly get a faintly smoky mint (which is the birch).

I also get almost! tobacco. The wood and birch may be contributing to that. It's too clean to be tobacco really, but that's what I'm reminded of.

Edited by patina