Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

The Actor Ichumura Meeting a Cat Ghost Atmosphere Spray

Utagawa Kuniyoshi

Tonka bean, bourbon vanilla, benzoin, pale lavender, and honey clove.

The tonka, bourbon vanilla, and benzoin create a nice spicy, vanilla base. It is rich and dry, not buttery or foody. There seems to be honey and clove in equal parts, but they are not super strong. It's a nice sweet and spicy warmth over the vanilla. This reads surprisingly autumnal to me. I get just the tiniest bit of dry, herbal lavender underneath everything. This is so comforting and cozy!

My impression is of an airy lavender with a pale musky base. Not getting a whole lot of vanilla or clove. There's a little sweetness lingering on the wall where I sprayed it which may be the honey but I didn't notice it in the air.

This is vanilla kissed lavender with a hint of clove for me. This differs from TKO in being more sweet, less herbal, and more ethereal (soft, fuzzy). I am hoping to hoard this as a sleep scent: definitely shooting to my top 5 favorites.

Edited by sprout

For me, this is a light oriental sweet vanilla lavender. The tonka is notable and benzoin not too dry. Pretty dreamy, actually.

Good for nightmares, sleep, anxiety. Great for the office, as its subtle and agreeable to a wide audience. Mellow enough that you won't get chewed out for spritzing that nasty rug under your desk by that annoying coworker with an allergy to everything, including working and you. ;)

Edited by SophieCedar

I was really excited for this, because I love tonka, vanilla, benzoin, honey and clove. I wanted this to be a sultry, resinous, sweet clove type of scent. All I can smell is the lavender, though, and it's the variety that I don't like (musky, herbal, clean and cool). On my throw pillows, it even has a bit of a soapy edge to it. Clean, herbal lavender. Sort of a medicinal feel. I don't get honey, vanilla, tonka, resins or clove at all :(

Bourbon vanilla, tonka, and a touch of lavender. This is a vanilla resinous blend with lavender and a touch of honey. Good throw and wear length.

Ted really shoulda called this one The Actor Ichumura Meeting a Big Ass Pile of Beeswax Candles and Honey with Just a Smidge of Lavender. But maybe that wouldn't have fit on the label. This is definitely one for the beeswax lovers and I'm one of them so that works out. This has replaced TKO as my nighttime linen spray. I find it super calming. I do wish I got more vanilla and tonka but maybe that will come with age. Oh and it lasts and lasts and lasts. Like it sinks into my quilt and stays there for 3 days strong.

This is surprisingly cool and fresh. My impression is of a spiced, airy beeswax with a predominantly medicinal lavender.

Based on the description I was expecting something warmer and sweeter, but I find this to be a little on the sharp side. I wouldn't call it offensive, but it feels more... sterile? Than I'd hoped. Like a bath & body shop in the mall instead of a cozy little witch's hearth.

(on the green throw pillow so I don't get mixed up....testing so many things!)

I thought this was going to go one of two way...all the other notes would dominate the lavender and this would be an all-purpose sort of vanilla-honey-Tonka spray, or lavender would be a bully and it would be a bedtime spray.

It's sort of both. I find it mostly honey and lavender dominant (not complaining!).

I think this will be a great bedtime spray for me, I LOVE lavender at bedtime, and the honey note is glorious. Happy I got this!

This is a lavender heavy scent to me. As I love lavender, I'm totally alright with that. After a while I can pick out cloves and tonka from underneath the lavender. At first there's also this really heavy baby powder that I am not a huge fan of, but that dies down to a soft, warm lavender with a hint of spice.

Its amazing and I love it.

This is honey and vanilla with a touch of the other notes, with the lavender serving to liven things up a bit so that it's not too foody. The label is amusing. It's fast become a fav. :)