Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Akurarei

A Sea Ghost Atmosphere Spray

George Frederick Watts

A memory of English oak and iron shrouded in a thick fog, caked with salt, and a tangle of weeds dragged from the depths of the ocean.

A Sea Ghost is a cool, crisp night on the shoreline - with something foreboding, like a sudden storm.
I could pick up on the wooden note, and the salt of the sea was pronounced but not overpowering.

It reminded me of visiting the south Texas coastline in January.

Sniffed at Will Call!

You know the old Warner Bros cartoons, where a character puts a seashell to their ear to hear the ocean and instead a giant wave sploooshes out and fish jump out their other ear? A Sea Ghost was like cracking the bottle to sniff and being plunged into a technicolor (well, mostly blues and greys) oil painting of a shipwreck - all salty spray and groaning dark timbers and rattling chains and wailing gales and noctilucent waves. I wanted to go back and smell it again, but there was only one bottle in stock and it sold lickety-split.

I was worried that either the scent would be SN: Salt or the iron would make the scent too metallic, but this is a lovely room spray. Simple, but refreshing. If you're bothered by anything that smells the slightest bit soapy that might be a problem, but the ozone in this is only subtly detergent like. Inoffensive to my nose.

Cool, misty ocean spray, salty woods, and yeah, this smells like a beach house. A ghostly beach house in a misty, cold beach.