Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Upturned grave dirt, English ivy, black moss, drooping pine, dried cypress, blackthorn, and candle wax.

In the bottle this smells very similar to Graveyard Dirt.

Wet: this is really heavy on the Grave Dirt; its rich and damp and oddly sweet. I can smell beeswax which I'm guessing is what is sweetening the grave dirt.

Dry: Grave Dirt fades back a bit allowing the other components to come through. Dark greenery, woods, beeswax, and a bit of camphorousness from the pine with that strange sweetness playing over everything.

This scent is so odd but so compelling. I love its strangeness and know I'll wear it often in the Fall. It has a lot of throw.

I admit I did get this out of the mailbox just a couple of hours ago, but oh damn well.
On the skin i get that pretty dirt note, something mossy, and wet woods, but the wood note starts coming through strongest, with a bit of the warm, sweet beeswax coming in underneath. There's a peculiar green note over everything, which might be from it not being totally settled yet.
Even though there's no roses, this reminds me a lot of Zombi without the actual Spanish moss note that makes Zombi a tad difficult for me (the first time I wore it i thought i smelled pee).
The beeswax note is getting more and more prominent, but it otherwise still smells like a cold forest. The warmth and sweetness of beeswax does mimic the effect of a candle in the chilly dark.

Lovers of the dirt and moss notes are going to love this. It's atmospheric and spooky and really feels like being outside. The vanilla-esque beeswax (which really is equal parts honey vanilla and wax) adds such a pretty touch to it.

Beeswax (not honey), soft dirt, wood, and the faint very slight scent of ivy. Very much an outdoors scent, it reminds me of Druid in a way.

This is dirt-and-greenery forward, with only the barest hint of waxiness in the background, and I'm not even sure I could pick it out if I didn't already know it was supposed to be there. It reminds me a bit of such scents as Hallow-e'en 1914, Graveyard Dirt, or Nocnitsa.

It would make for a wonderful scent in an oil burner as it is very atmospheric and reminiscent of late fall days!

On my skin as perfume? I probably don't want to smell like that :) But I will keep it for my burner for sure!

If you're so inclined, though, the throw is pretty good and the staying power is decent.

As a self professed lover of all dirt scents, I had to give this one a try. I really had no idea how the beeswax note would fit in with this so I went with just a decant but wow, these notes just blend together wonderfully. I smell wet somewhat fresh soil, with hints of ivy and moss. Like your laying on the ground in a forest surrounded by pine trees and cypress. The pine is not dominant but it's there if I search for it. And the beeswax just adds this warmth and sweetness to the blend and keeps it interesting.

I find this scent so relaxing. I'm definitely getting a bottle.

I love the cool, dark, dry green scent of ivy, and I enjoy the hint of soft, damp earth, sour moss and sharp pine, but I feel like I would enjoy this more as a room scent than a perfume. On me, the beeswax amps up a lot in the drydown and I don't really enjoy the thick, heavy, waxy sweetness mixed with the green notes. I'll try my decant in an oil warmer, though, and hope it's mostly the greenery and earth.

Soft woods, dirt, ivy and a touch of beeswax. On wet, it smells more like Graveyard Dirt but then it softens with the beeswax, wood and ivy. Good throw and wear length.

I get dirt, but mostly lots of green (ivy and moss, not much pine), however, the candalwax is illusive until far into drydown, and then I wouldn't notice it if I didn't know it was there. An evocative, atmospheric scent. It reminds me of Graveyard Ivy from NAVA.

ETA: Whoa! After an hour, the wax indeed comes out! It takes the scent to an entire new level! Love it!!!

Edited by Minh Scent

This was mainly moist soil and moss at the start with a hint of beeswax.

Drying, a hint of pine. Ivy is missing in action for me, a shame, as I love it.

Later, an hour or more into the drydown, the wax assumes prominence.

This is the most realistic "dirt " scent I own. The only problem for me is that the scent is turning my stomach a little. I'm not certain if this is a primal scent association that is preconscious for me, or a true, visceral reaction to the moist, fecund material that so accurately depicts dirt.

Frequently, the presence of benzoin component in fresh state gives me a similar nausea but ages into a grand, sweet smelling, vanillic base note.

I will need to retest this. I may wish to acquire a bottle, as I love the beeswax from the Lab, and it's glorious here, but my tummy has issues with the dirt. Odd, considering I was that weird little girl who actually ate (well, tasted) the mud pies I made in my back yard.

Edited by sprout

This is all moss on me, and I think the beeswax, which I normally enjoy, is adding to the powdery sweetness that is so strong. I don't get any dirt with it, so I layered Graveyard Dirt (which is not sweet on me at all), and it's still covered up by the moss. I don't have much experience with ivy, so I'm not sure if it's missing or if it's contributing to the sweetness. It's too overpowering for me, but nicely evocative.

This starts out with the pine, ivy, and dirt being the strongest notes on me, with the green notes being more prominent than the dirt. The candle wax really is just a dribble; it joins in once the scent is dry and adds a light sweetness to the scent that I really enjoy. The moss and dirt notes gain strength on me over time and end up being the dominant notes on me after several hours of wear, making me think of Zombi without the rose. The candle wax, ivy, and evergreen notes are still present, but they remain background players.

I skipped Weenies in 2016 when I was living in Germany, but if I had ordered a bottle of this, I would not have been disappointed. I'll be hanging on to my decant. :)