Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A spectral musk echoing the memory of neroli, rosewood, and frankincense.

This scent is very interesting for how simple the notes would suggest. I definitely get frankincense and rosewood. Frankincense to me can be very gritty and bright, but it seems more subdued here with the rosewood. The musk is light (but it doesn't smell like white musk to me) and sweet, it hovers over the other notes and does kind of subdue them. Dry I can find just a touch of neroli if I really search. It really does smell like the traces of another perfume in musk. It's quite haunting.

The Smithfield Ghost is a very delicate musk blend. In the decant, it smelled so good I began to slather. I don't smell the neroli very much, but sweet musk, rosewood & frankincense, yes, definitely.

In some blends (Between Your Heart and Mine, Dee,) rosewood takes over and turn to bitter varnish on my skin. Unfortunately for me, that's what happened with this blend.

It will smell fantastic for the lucky ones who don't have my rosewood problem. I will wear my decant in my scent locket. It's really beautiful, and kind of comforting.

It took me a little while to work out what I think about this. I have really enjoyed citrus and rose in other scents, and this is a little similar but softer and muted. I get a lot of the neroli. It's very pretty, and reminds me of the Crimson Peak scents in that while it's lovely there's something a little unsettling about it.

Soft, orange blossom-y neroli with a light, slightly powdery, white musk edge to it. I don't get any of the wood, but the frankincense has a bright, almost lemony quality to it. Mostly this is a musky, citrusy floral with a powdery tone. Something in it is going slightly soapy on me in the drydown as well. Faint and only lasts about 45 minutes on my skin.

Very light - spectral is the right word for it. Mostly light musk and neroli on me and doesn't morph much at all.

Reminds me of an orange blossom 'cooling water' that I used to buy sometimes in Thailand to use after showering in the hot season. It's a nice sense memory but this one is not wowing me.

But it is pretty fresh from the mail so I'll set it aside and see if it changes at all after it rests for a bit.