Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tativa

The Ghost of Darius Appearing to Atossa

George Romney

A brazier aflame with Carthaginian olibanum, Ethopian myrrh, galbanum, onycha, and lingum aloes.

I don't see stone listed in this... but it is one of the stronger notes I am detecting. It reminds me a lot of a scent from a few years back: Sadak in Search of the Waters of Oblivion. Though they don't share the same notes, the feel is rather similar.

But this one has a very realistic brazier of incense in place of the bubblegum (lotus). It goes on a little sharp, it doesn't stay that way but never smooths out as much as you'd expect resins to. It smells more like an incense stick. While it gives the sensation of burning, it doesn't have any smoke notes. More that the incense has a light and airy quality to it that evokes incense smoke.

It has a very thematic and strong ambiance, but not overbearing enough that it isn't wearable most places. Also it's wearing power is somewhere near forever without losing the lighter/ top incense notes.

In the bottle: Thick, syrupy resins.

Applied: Mostly seems to be myrrh, quite sharp.

Worn: a big jumble of resins. I can't really pick any of them out, but they're neither sharp or syrupy anymore, just middling like the way a room smells the day after burning pure resin incense.

This does last a long time, however I noticed after a couple of hours that it'd gone to smell a bit like bathroom cleaner on me 😕 Not straight up cleaning products, but there's definitely that undertone and the resins have gone weirdly soapy. I'm hoping it just needs some time to settle and aging it will stop it going that way!

Agreeing with the reviewer above.

Very very sharp resins, almost bitter smelling when first applied. I can only pick out the olibanum when I pay attention close enough. Everything is trying to fight to be the dominant note and it just smells jumbled together, not a fan sadly.

Have had this a few years and it is indeed shining myrrh, very bright, clean and potent but not loud. It aged well. It is christmasy in the way of a fond memory you can't quite grasp, crisp and a little magical and otherworldly. It actually reminds me of visiting Edinburgh's Christmas market as winter light fades. The possibilities. I really like it. The longevity is super.