Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

The Drowned Man’s Ghost Tries to Claim a New Victim for the Sea

Thorvald Niss

Black kelp and opoponax, silt, and dark things dredged up from the depths of a seabed.

Tried at NYCC: This is a dead ringer for one of the Irish Bard scents Cucuthulian fights with the sea. *I may have this wrong* on my skin. It has a lighter sea note, but it is a watery ghost rising from the sea. Since I have something that is too similar in nature, I am going to pass on this one. I may find a partial though. :D

Review created. Thank you!

Manly aquatic fougere. Kelp, salt, and opoponax. I'm actually curious to see how mr. zee_zee likes this one. Good throw and wear length.

Honestly, I wish more of the BPAL menfolk would try this. It sits in that intersection between a traditional aquatic and a fougere. And to me, this may in fact be a nice introduction for men to get into BPAL. Familiar enough not to spook them away, spooky enough to keep them interested.

Wet/in-the-imp: Like a masculine cologne. Well-blended enough that I can't pick out any individual notes.

Freshly applied - Fresh, almost fougere-like, with a hint of aquatic soap. I usually like masculine-type scents, but this is one of the rare occasions when I find myself concluding that yes, this would indeed be better on a guy. It gets sweeter after the first few minutes, but also more soapy.

Twenty-thirty minutes in - Sadly, after about a half-hour (and a very brief phase of smelling almost melon-like) or so it's become pure soapy laundry detergent. And it remains soap and washing powder for the next several hours until it fades.

I had hope for the first fifteen minutes or so, but my skin's hatred for aquatics struck again and buried the hope under a mountain of soap suds.