Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Askel Waldemar Johannessen

A haze of verbena, lemon rind, transparent amber, ectoplasmic green musk, ti leaf, and bamboo.

Freshly applied, i smell lemon verbena :wub3:, followed by green musk, which progressively makes its presence known. A refreshing zesty green musk blend for summer days.

This, in the bottle, smells EXACTLY like Lush's Avobath bath bomb. It is pure lemon verbena with some green notes in the background.

Honestly, on the skin, it doesn't change too much. That's just fine. This is a very happy scent. I agree with theredkilt--this is refreshing and will be great for the summer (or remembering the summer when it's cold and gross outside).

This is beautiful, light, and oh-so-happy. And very, very lemony. :) Very refreshing and calming (citrus calms me, ymmv). I don't think of this as a cool weather scent, I think it would be best applied on those days when it's too hot to move. Lovely, cool, inoffensive and with hella wear time and throw. Smells addictively good with TWWHH btw.

This is bright and funky! (I have to agree, it does smell a lot like Avobath!) Normally I don't like verbena but there really is just a haze of it. Mostly lemon rind and green musk. But it's not too sharp or zesty, the amber sweetens it a bit. I may need a bottle for summer!

I love Die Nacht, but it doesn't love me. Lovely bright citrus scent - so nice - but on me it just disappears. I am sad, but glad I got a decant rather than springing for a blind bottle.

Lemon verbena, then lemon verbena, then more lemon verbena. Smells like my back yard in the summertime. Decent throw. It's okay but I'll be fine with my decant.

source: bottle direct from lab

in bottle: as million mentioned, just like avobath from LUSH

wet: HALLO!!! FULL BLAST verbana & lemon rind!!!il... almost like mosquito repellent.

drying down: green musk, bamboo, amber appears, in this order

finish: lovely, if you can get past the in your face wakey wakey. and i suppose all good things come to those who wait right? it is close to body. beautiful sweetness and freshness. Amber, bamboo, musk at the core. Lemon rind and verbena are a halo of fresh sweetness billowing. This is quite lovely. Wears much more like a Lupercalia release than Weenie.

Prognosis: i'm not sure i need another bottle, but i am happy with this blind buy. I would have purchased from decant if it showed this way. Fresh, sweet. Not food sweet, more a atmospheric sweet, authentic