Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VelvetSky

A Pale and Glimmering Light Appeared Before Him

Henry John Stock

Oleander smoke, white jasmine, ambrette seed, and cistus.

I knew immediately that I would love this scent, and I do!

Sniffed from the bottle, and on immediate application, it is quite a 'humid', light floral, with the sweet jasmine most noticeable to me in the top. Drying down, a beautifully clean, misty smoke accord comes forward, blending with the floral note and muting it - like flowers in a cool fog. The ambrette seed lends an interesting tobacco-like scent to the final drydown, while the cistus helps to ground the base with a sweet earthiness.

What a gorgeous blend this is! Cold, ethereal, dreamy, yet utterly wearable.

This is jasmine-forward, but it doesn't get overwhelming in any way, probably because the ambrette tempers it a bit?

I wasn't sure what the oleander smoke was going to be, but it doesn't strike me as a smoky scent per se. Maybe a bit herbal in the background? But mostly a light jasmine-forward floral with a suitable amount of sweetness too.

This might actually be my favorite from this Halloween season so far!

The throw is pretty good.

Smoky oleander, wispy jasmine and a touch of tobacco-like darkness from the ambrette. This is a foggy, cool Southern sort of scent. If you like the smells of jasmine or magnolia, as the oleander makes me think of magnolias... It's a cool, white, Southern gothic type of blend. Good throw and wear length.

I don't get smoke from this, but it does smell like a white floral + sour, humid, yellowy jasmine. Sort of perfumey/musky. Very floral and dominated by the jasmine.

In the imp, Jasmine is in evidence, with a sweet, indistinct backdrop.

Wet, this is quite floral forward, but the oleander and jasmine share equal footing. I agree with above reviews which described the floral component as Southern and humid. Having lived in the deep South, this certainly evokes memories of moist, warm nights. The beauty of these White florals is that they aren't high pitched or headache induction type.

The rockrose provides a comforting support of sweet fuzziness, like whispy White feather down. It reminds me somewhat of orris, but more woody and no Violet. The scent of baby powder but not powdery. This lasted about 4 hours for me with modest throw. I am anticipating it will wear well in the summer where I can't take anything too potent or heavy.

Drying, the ambrette lends support but doesn't eclipse the rockrose. The florals last but fade away slowly in potency.

This is a sweet, soft floral reminiscent of warm, humid nights with soft, warmth coming from the resins. You have to appreciate jasmine to enjoy this, it is present but balanced by the oleander. I love this, but that's not surprising given the notes. I am hoping to score a full bottle. There are so few perfumes with Oleander that I think I need this and something about ambrette and rockrose is very comforting. I did not appreciate any smoke like notes here, just soft and sweet resins, which seem to glow like the art.

Edited by sprout