Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

The Dead Lips that Thirst to Kiss

And where should a man bring his sweet to woo
But here, where such hundreds were lovers too?
Where lie the dead lips that thirst to kiss,
The empty hands that their fellows miss,
Where the maid and her lover, from sere to green,
Sleep bed by bed, with the worm between?
For it's turn of the year and All Souls' night,
When the dead can hear and the dead have sight.

Cold white iris, benzoin, and bitter frozen aldehydes.

This is quite unusual. The white iris comes out right away, along with a creaminess. Like the smell of thick, white pearly makeup paint that a ghost might spread across it's cheeks before a spooky, dead dance. I can detect the benzoin blended with the aldehydes which gives it a vintage, almost cold cream feel. My gauzy dress is frozen and won't come off no matter how long you kiss me.

Leads off with the frozen aldehydes, which smell to my nose like eucalyptus, the blossom. Benzoin takes this into sweet, vanillic baby oil territory. The iris is pearlescent and melds with the cold notes. Iris dominates the drydown and has quite the throw! My impression: chilled baby oil. I agree with the cold cream association. I like this especially as a chilling yet earthy floral that does not veer into screeching high notes. This would be a gorgeous perfume for those sweltering dog days of summer. But then, I'm an iris/orris fan.

Interesting and evocative, this is the olfactory equivalent of insubstantial, dry lips that shimmer in the moonlight. I think I'm possibly talking myself into a bottle. Conceptually this is genius and it's certainly unique. I'd love to try layering this with a patchouli based scent.

Edited by sprout

Creamy, frozen iris with some powder and aldehydes. It smells like an iris scented cold cream. Chilling, cold, and oddly ceramic to me. Good throw and wear length.