Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Akurarei

They Lie Thus Chambered and Cold to the Moon

And how should we break faith who have seen
Those dead lips plight with the mist between,
And how forget, who have seen how soon
They lie thus chambered and cold to the moon?
How scorn, how hate, how strive, we too,
Who must do so soon as those others do?
For it's All Souls' night, and break of the day,
And behold, with the light the dead are away.

Cedar coffinwood, davana, tobacco flower, and white rose.

In the Bottle:

Fairly strong cedarwood.
It's VERY distinctly cedar - my Husbeast woodworks and the cedar smell was extremely accurate.
I did not detect another other notes at this stage.

On My Skin, Wet:

A blast of more cedarwood, then some very light white florals.
it was reminiscent of a freshly cut & polished piece of raw cedar with a small cluster of wild white flowers tossed on top

On My Skin, Dry:

Still strongly cedar, but now a bit 'dusty' somehow.
the florals become just a wee bit more pronounced, and I think I can detect the rose as it's own note at this stage.

A Few Hours Later:

Again - mostly a musty cedar, but I can definitely detect the white rose from time to time.
it's a 'close to the skin' scent, and captures the essence of a Halloween night perfectly. It's woodsy, ancient, and has a specter of beauty lingering.

While not remotely similar to Samhain as a scent in my view, it's quite lovely and encapsulates a more specific Halloween vision. I think if you like Samhain you will probably like this one just as much if you aren't too sensitive to cedar.

Well, all I get from this so far is cedar but it is a beautiful soft cedar. I wonder which notes will show up with age?

In the imp: cedar. Freshly cut cedar. A little green.

Wet: Cedar! With a little bit of clean tobacco flower over it.

Dry: soft cedar, still with that raw quality to it. I get some hints of floral, maybe a touch of sweetness from the rose? I am unfamiliar with davana, and don't know if I could pick it out.

Yes, there's cedar. Yes, davana and tobacco flower. Overall scent impression is clean, clear, white rays of light, symphonic wood and floral.

But, the surprising thing is the effect it has on my brain. Makes all my thoughts scatter like shining a flashlight on cockroaches in the dark...literally that's the best explanation I can come up with. Honestly this is some of the best aromatherapy I've had recently. :wub2:

Strong cedarwood and a touch of white rose. So on wet, all I can smell is the cedar wood. Like cedar and pencils and cedar in your face. And remember that time you got locked in the closet and all you could smell was the wood? Yeah, like that. It dries down to a primarily cedar smell with touches of white rose and davana, which lead to a light floral wisp around all that wood. Strong throw and wear length.

But guys, guys, get in on this. Especially if you like smelling like a tree. And then you give hugs, which are really just like climbing into a closet. You know, like that closet that took you to Narnia? Because I imagine that closet had a strong wood smell, and you should have a strong smell because when you're magical and can go places, and your arms are just waiting to take that special someone on that special journey.

The cedar starts off green smelling on me and dries down to a dusty, woody, dry cedar. I like the cedar part of this. I don't like the tobacco flower, though, because it does its usual cold, soapy, white floral thing on my skin, along with a perfumey, sharp rose note. I'm not that into florals, so it's not working for me.

I ordered a bottle of this right when the Weenies went live, but I haven't had a chance to skin test it until now - and what a shame I took so long! It's really beautiful. The cedar is really strong for a long time, but as it settles I start to get whiffs of the davana, white rose, and especially the tobacco flower. The overall impression I get from this blend is a soft, clean, DRY wood with a hint of light florals - cozy, snuggly, and unusually elegant. A definite keeper!

This is pretty, but I'm kind of glad I didn't blind bottle it despite the urge. It's heavy on cedar (and to me this is more like the green cedar in How Doth the Little Crocodile, Rocking-Horse-Fly, etc.) and very herbal, which I'm guessing is the davana. I get no floral at all except a powdery, almost overly sweet something at the end of the sniff. It doesn't seem like the two things want to blend together on my skin so I'm left with a strange two-layer effect. Not a favorite for me.