Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red apple and patchouli with vanilla cream, white musk, red musk, and teakwood.

Straight sniff: red juicy Apple. First time I've smelled the lab's Apple note and it is delicious.

The red apple stays pretty solidly single note on me for the first five minutes. It's not bad at all, I just can't wait for the other notes! At this point it starts to become a little...incense-y Apple? Ooooh. Patchouli. This is the CREAMIEST, softest patchouli! Ahhh! All the notes are blending together now!!!!!!!

It becomes an apple/patchouli incense...grounded by teakwood and warm rather than sweet by the red musk! The vanilla cream does peek through...but it is just the smoothest little hint of sweet curl at the end of a sniff. This is a beautiful, earthy, and warm apple incense scent. Super wearable and is definitely an autumn perfume. It actually smells a little like Satyr to me...if Satyr had apple and vanilla. Which is absolutely sexy.

All the notes remain in the dry down...but they pass prominence to vanilla and teakwood!!!!!!!!!

Moderate throw, which is good for a patchouli scent. It stays around for quite a while too! I'd truly say this is a 'perfect' blend. Nothing is lost. I will be purchasing a backup bottle.

Ooof, I love this. Apple X is the polished patchouli apple of my dreams. Wet, that juicy red apple note looms large and delicious. But as it starts to dry down, the patchouli and teakwood come forward and balance that fruity note out. The white and red musks and vanilla cream are more apparent 10 minutes in as this mellows into the most awesome slow-jam apple. It's the olfactory equivalent of a Sexy Apple Halloween costume.

Will probably pick up a backup bottle of this one because I think it will age spectacularly.

I smell red apple and the dirtiness of patchouli. Wet on the skin it's clear there's red musk and apples too. As it dries it just gets fainter and softer, but doesn't change or bring out any more notes. I think the vanilla cream is probably a sandalwood-like note with the teakwood. It's not an apple, cream, and patch scent like I hoped. It's grown up for sure -- a little too heavy on the musks.

Lots of sweet, mushy, artificial, red candy apple with a hint of dry patchouli. I don't smell any vanilla, and the musk doesn't show up until about an hour in, and then it's a very dry, perfumey musk. Red musk is usually really strong on me, but I definitely am getting the white musk with this. The artificial apple, dry patch and sharp musk has a kind of potpourri smell on my skin. I don't think I'll be keeping my bottle.

This smells like the old, haunted cider mill that I visited every year as a child: the strong scent of crushed apples in the air, and rich, kind of dank, wet, woody notes. My favorite of the apples this year.

Apple X is surprisingly mellow on me. I thought it would be a strong bashing whoamg scent but no...Think more like a kitchen store's apple teak countertop spray....

Everything is fused together like superglued legos. Its refined, musky, teakwoody apple with a touch of sweet to keep your appetite up... and prevent you from throwing it like a hand grenade into the mancave or pawning it off on a guy friend. Not much red musk, which is fortunate. I have a hard time with it. Its more white musk, teak, apple and a little joyous vanilla cream. I like it!

I have a real passion for Beth's red musk blends and so this one was a no-fucks-given insta-buy.

I get candy apples, smoky patchouli, sweet cream and woody musk. The red musk threads itself through all of those notes to absolute perfection and the whole blend is just one gorgeous and sensual autumnal knockout. I may need several bottles of this.

In the imp: sweet red apple, red musk, and teak.

Wet: Similar to in the imp but the apple is even sweeter and I get both musks, but red musk is still more prominent.

Dry: The patchouli is faint and blends well with the teak and are definitely down at the base of this scent. What I mostly get is apple and vanilla cream combining for a very sweet apple candy. The musks (mostly red for me) swirl around it. It's just a little too sweet and fruity for me.

Apple X is the one apple blend of this year’s Weenies that I wanted to try.

Sweet apple and non-gritty patchouli. This is not the patchouli that smells like pencil shavings, nor is it earthy. I think it may be the vanilla cream that’s softening it.

It’s reminiscent of what I think of as the patchouli-plus blends, things like Goblin and Imp, that are patchouli and a fruit or food note.

At first sniff, Apple X was a little bit of a letdown for me. It smelled like an apple scented cleaning product to my nose. So sad.

But, after letting it settle down a couple of days, I tried it again, and this time the patchouli was more present. It made a whole lot of difference, gave the apple smell more dept, or something.

Now a week later, I decided to give it a try. And I am glad I did.

At first it still smells a bit like artificial apple, but that quickly goes away. The patchouli and probably teak really save this scent for me and I can only see this becoming better and better with age!

Red musk, white musk, and a touch of apple. The apple was stronger on wet, but it was quickly over taken by the musks, primarily the red musk. Slightly appley-red musk Low throw, good wear length.

I don't really like apple scents, but sometimes the apple just burns off and I am left with the other notes, and I love these other notes, so I wanted to give this a go!

Wet: Fairly realistic, juicy, tangy apple - actually smells more green than red to me. The vanilla cream is present but faint It's my favourite note, so I am hoping it'll come out more as it dries. I can smell the red musk as well, hints of dry earthy patch, maybe a bit of warm teak. This is quite lovely so far.

Dry: Unfortunately, despite all those amazing notes, this does not turn into anything exceptional on my skin. Hints of apple, patchouli and musk are all that remain once dry. This is underwhelming on my skin, and clearly not meant for me. Glad I got to try it though!

I wanted to try one of the Apples but did not have high hopes as apple notes are usually too sweet on me, however Apple X turned out to be the stealth hit of the Weenie decants for me.

It is lovely bright apple with a little punch of patchouli to start, and then mellows into an extremely smooth and well-blended teakwood-vanilla-red musk scent with just a hint of fruitiness. It smells delicious without being particularly foodie - which I appreciate.

I've been wearing it to bed lately - it is a very comforting fall scent - and I'm considering a bottle.

Edited by joopjoop

This one opens up with the apple singing at the top of it's lungs

Then the apple starts to play more with the other notes and I get a little bit of the patchouli and vanilla creme, it's really quite nice

The even further in the red musk really starts to make itself know, subtle at first but now I'm finding it to be mostly red musk with apple, vanilla and patchouli in the background

I never really noticed the white musk or teakwood

Fantastic fall scent!

This is beautiful, and very much what I want in an apple scent.

On me it's a very juicy, slightly tart apple, softened and sweetened with a hint of vanilla cream, with a faint bit of teakwood in the background. It's a light scent with low throw - sticks very close to the skin. The patchouli is there, but it's very much in the background, and doesn't really register as patchouli to my nose upon first sniff. I'm also not getting much musk from this, but I find the predominant apple/vanilla cream/teakwood combination so delightful that I'm not bothered.

Edited by Moth Dust

Initial : Oh yum. Dirty plump apple being chomped on right in the garden at midnight. Smack dab in the middle of a Halloween party with sexy hippy hipsters.

It just makes me feel happy and fresh, in a raw earthy sort of way. Love it.

Drydown: The apple fades a while in, and then flips the entire scent over to teakwood vanilla mashup. Which, unfortunately, smells like a #2 pencil to me. Sad face!

In the imp: A rich, juicy apple, cream-infused musk, and a forgotten path through a wood.

Wet: Almost strawberries-and-cream! This is extremely sweet, dripping with glittery juice and a sugary toffee base. It smells like a pack of tiny, heart-shaped erasers I had as a kid, completely synethetic fruit but somehow exactly the same as their natural counterparts.

Dry: One of the strangest apple blends I've tried yet, with barely any apple at all by the end. It morphs into a woods-driven patchouli tempered by a light musk, an oddly earthy blend for something with such a sweet start. Fairly strong throw, and a decent staying power; it lasted for around 8 hours.

Stars: ★★★★