Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White apple with violet and iris.

I'm so thrilled to be the first to review this one! Apple VI was one of five (!) bottles I bought blind because this update was just too perfect--and because violet is my favorite note.

I only let it sit for about two hours out of the mailbox, so I'll update if it smells differently after a longer rest period.

In Bottle: Sharp red apple with something sweet but not quite violet.

Wet on skin: When I first tried this on right out of the mailbox, the apple was super strong and red and reminiscent of the note in Poison Apple. After a few hours of rest, though, the apple is much more mellow and doesn't overpower the violet and iris, but neither is it quite as "mushy." You know the kind, when an apple is overripe and tastes mushy and a bit bitter in your mouth. I can smell the sweetness of the violet and something dirty which I know is the iris. Iris usually turns to fresh dirt on me in a way I don't like (despite loving dirt scents), but here the effect is lovely. It blends astonishingly well with the apple and violet, giving the blend a green but floral smell. This is not an overly fruity scent at all but rather a sweet, fresh apple floral.

Drydown: As it dries, the notes blend more seamlessly together.

A definite keeper--I just knew I'd love it! I may even need to get a backup! Throw length seems about medium to me.

This has a mild to medium throw length, unfortunately, but seems

This one is gorgeous!

I didn't know what to expect, but it's a sweet gentle apple scent, with breaths of the violet and iris.

To my nose, it's like a pale juicy apple covered in a lilac, floral morning dew.

Very lovely! I am enamored with this one!

I'm a pretty pretty princess! SAY IT!... I'M A PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS!!

Yup. That's what I said when I sampled this. Anyways, this is light, white, ethereal, billowing chiffon and tulle, untouchable, fragile, virgin princess apple. Like you could destroy this gal's world just by telling her where poop goes after she flushes. (she doesn't poop, of course, but if she did...)

Similar feel to Silver Apple of the Moon with less musk base. Nice, but not super signature "me". I estimate it'll be a favorite among fans of sweet snow and iris notes.

This is pretty.

It opens with a LOT of apple, but it quickly fades into a mellow blend of sweet flowers and apple. Very princess, indeed, as mentioned above.

The throw is pretty good.

If you can pull off apple notes, be sure to give this one a try; it's very pretty!

Apple VI is a clean, watery, pale, golden delicious apple with sharp white floral iris. Very musky/perfumey smelling on my skin. I was hoping that the violet would sweeten things up, but I don't get any violet.

Watery delicious apple with a touch of violet. This one smells like the apple fragrances that a royal princess maiden would wear. It's pure apples with just a touch of sophistication. Good throw and wear length.

I can see this being a good gateway BPAL for young girls.

To me this is a blast of chilled air from an orchard cool room where Golden Delicious apples have been stored. Very, very apple-y, and to be honest I don't personally get any of the violet or iris elements. Super refreshing to wear on a warm sticky day.

Edited by Miss Landau

Pretty Princess indeed!

It starts off with a blast of green apple and then dries down into a very wispy and light violet-iris scent with just a hint of apple in the background. I'm not a big one for violet, but I like it here - it pairs nicely with the iris and apple.

It does read very young and very innocent. I think I will give this decant to my niece - she'll enjoy it more than I will.

In the imp: Pale apple juice shot through with crystalline iris blossoms.

Wet: A sweet woodsy base, freshly turned clod, dewy green foliage and a gentle waft of open apple blossoms.

Dry: Light-coloured, sweet-fleshed apples and the smell of standing in a blooming orchard on a cool spring day. Very mild, and short-lived, but I am a sucker for apple and love it anyway.

Stars: ★★★★½