Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nagi Mahe

Single Note: Fake Specimen Jar

[No additional description given.]

Oh lime soda with a touch of lemon and a sprinkle of pop rocks. Green sugary syrup with a touch of fizz.

Ginger syrup, hint of lime, and fizz. This one actually arcs masculine on me, so I'd consider this a green fizzy blend for BPAL's men to check out. Good throw and wear length.

This reminds me of Gnome, which is like Sprite (fizzy lemon-lime soda) with some soap dumped into it. Maybe a bit ginger-y. Doesn't last long at all on my skin.

I agree with @Little Bird; this reminds me a lot of Gnome but without a lot of the "fruitiness". Leans very masculine, at least on me. If you're a fan of Gnome I suggest trying this out.

After the comparisons to Gnome I was quite curious about this. I get way more ginger out of Gnome than this, but I can see the comparison. Fake Specimen Jar reminds me a ton of artisinal sparkling lemonade. It's really just like I opened a bottle in the middle of a hot summer day. It's fizzy and refreshing, but not over the top sweet like lemonade can be. I can dig it and I'll probably be getting a lot of use out of it this summer.

I'm greeted by a green algae smell mixed with a sweet citrus zest. As this dries, i feel there's something, maybe oak moss, that grounds the blend and gives it a dry quality. The citrus zest still hovers above the dry base and reminds me vaguely of the mid-70s citrus chypre eau de colognes. Color me impressed!!!

Lemon pledge for the first ten minutes :peep:. Now it's resembling more like the rest of the reviews: lemon-lime sugary fizz candy. Not bad, maybe not upgrade worthy but I am glad that lemon pledge note didn't stay around long! Makes me think of Embalming Fluid a little!