Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Hattress

Single Note: Cheesecloth Ghosts

[No additional description given.]

What on earth is on my wrist????

This is definitely a case of "I didn't know what I was expecting, and I'm not exactly sure what I got". What do cheesecloth ghosts smell like, you ask? I have no idea. But I can tell you they do not smell like the linen note in Boo. This scent reminds me of something I've tested before, and I remember enough to know it was a frimp from a Lab order, but I have no idea what it was. And I'm not good enough at defining scent notes to know what this smells like.

I'm thinking white musk, though? Maybe? I'm sure someone else will come along with a much more experienced nose and give some more accurate impressions. The scent is a little harsh in the bottle and when wet, but mellows out into something smoother as it dries. It sticks close to the skin, very little throw.

I'll admit that it does smell a little like that one section of a Halloween store where they keep all of the hanging skeletons and ghouls and ghosts, that all have the same gauze-y (cheesecloth-y) cloaks and rags covering them. And it reminds me a little of my time working in a haunted house--like the way all of the props somehow smelled. We never knew why they all smelled that way, but they did. I'm not sure I'd make any such Halloween-ish connections if I wasn't fully aware this was a Weenie scent and my mind wasn't scrambling to figure out what the heck I was smelling.

I'm really interested in seeing what other people think this one is like, because...well. I clearly don't really know. :tongue:

REALLY weird. Pretty simple.

It starts out in the bottle and skin as a weird green ozone ish scent with the slightest green juicy edge.

It shortly dries down to exactly what the first poster said: basically stick your face in between the plastic/rubber/cloth props and the greasepaint makeup section at Halloween express...and you have Cheesecloth Ghosts.

It's pretty awesome. Also strong.

Yup this is pretty odd and also darn powerful. To my nose this is a blend of wild, herbal smelling florals (chamomile? hops? That sort of thing) it's neither sweet nor bitter, just softly white and herbal. I'd bet good money that the oils in this are of a sedative, anti-anxiety, anti-depressant nature and will be deploying this under the lavender, sleepytime BPALs when stress or insomnia strikes.

Edited by Scarlet Woodland

Okay this is definitely odd but also... good? I will admit I was expecting (hoping for) a gauzy linen scent, which this certainly is not. While I understand the rubber Halloween prop vibe people are getting this smells dark green and herby to me like Scarlet describes. Up close it's almost sweet, and I do think there is some chamomile. Farther away I get a vaguely rubbery vibe. But mostly I get an almost sinister green herb concoction.

Edited by roseus

I was afraid from reviews that I wouldn't like this and I was truly hoping for cream cheese, but this surprised me. It is medicinal and rubbery, perfumey and leathery? Not things I am usually a fan of, but this just works. It's dark, herbal, and slightly sweet.

I have good luck with bpal's more unusual single notes (Disappointing Pencil!).

My earliest Halloween memories are of my mom making little cloth ghost decorations and hanging them in the trees all around our house. I loved them, and she would always let me keep one of my choosing, and I'd carry that little cloth ghost around with me for months before she snuck it back into the Halloween decorations box.

So this was a must-have for me.

Cheesecloth Ghosts smells like chilled and freshly sliced cucumbers, cold air (but no soapy ozone), cold tree branches, new plastic shower curtain, and a hint of wet paint. It reminds me of some of the industrial/modern perfumes I've tried. It's clean, crisp and cold, but not soapy at all. Green from the cucumber, but not overwhelmingly green or simple.

I really enjoy this. It smells like being outside, but also smells like construction to me. And I close my eyes and really can imagine the little cloth ghosts and plastic ties fluttering around in a cold breeze. It's a clean, green scent that I can actually wear (I usually go for orientals, vanillas, gourmands, resins). I'm thinking about buying another bottle or two. I don't like most of the Halloween blends that I ordered, but this one is a winner.

Wall paper paste crafty time! It's got that kind of minty, creamy, fresh, chemically smell of wallpaper paste spot on! It made me laugh, for sure, and I got a delightful scent memory, but I don't want to wear it as perfume!

I had to try this! and must say it is highly unusual. The main notes I'm getting are cucumber, craft paste and a teenytiny hint of moth balls.

It provides plenty of scent memory triggers such as opening plastic wrapped dyed cloth costumes for the first time and the weird smell that wafts upwards from inside. There is a certain lighthearted quality to it, but not something I could ever pull off wearing without feeling like i'm wearing mildewed britches.

After drydown, I am getting something quite pleasant, alot like fresh air blowing through open windows at dusk, but the wet stage simply puts me off way too much. May try it again in a few days to see how it goes.

Edited by Jenjin

I couldn't resist finding out what cheesecloth ghosts smell like...

Wet: As soon as I open the imp I smell cucumber, but once on my skin, the cucumber is faint and I get mostly....hmmm. This is tough. Not glue. Not exactly linen. Or rubber. Something vaguely woody, or maybe more like paper pulp. Definitely smells like craft store, with hints of cucumber. It's really interesting. Wait - asphalt! No, creosote! Is that what this is? I am stumped. It smells like a city, with a side of cucumber. Or something.

Dry: Yep, still not sure. It's totally a thing, all to itself. With a hint of cucumber. Try it! You know you want to...(says the girl who still regrets not trying Day Old Ham)

Rubbery wet paint, stage makeup, dust and something linen like. This is very unpleasant to me. Great throw and wear length.

This smells like a murder clown. Like that Clown from American Horror Story: Carnival. Yup, that one.