Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
izile

Dead Leaves, Honeyed Patchouli, and Champaca Blossom

[No additional description given.]

Tested at NYCC (note: Tested on the sith, so male skin chemistry)

In the bottle: I actually had a hard time smelling this one in the bottle, might have been nose overload or con-air. Was trying to hit the coffee shakers between sniffs to clean the palate.

Wet: the patchouli was fairly soft, a little sweet from the honey, and there was a lot more "leaf" going on right off the top than with a lot of the other ones. This was the leafiest one to me.

Dry down: the honeyed patchouli and champaca blossoms don't really stand out from the dead leaves, but blend in. This is the most homogeneous smelling of the blends, I think, but if the dead leaf base note is your favorite, this might be right up your alley.

In the bottle: This year's leaves are a lot milder, but that's still all I'm getting so far.

Applied: Leaves, mainly but I think I can pick out the champaca.

Worn: I don't get any patchouli from this and the champaca has blended about 50/50 with the leaves.

Again, not a strong dead leafy scent like last year's, but it in terms of how well the notes blend together that's a good thing. The champaca note goes almost woody after an hour or so, it's very soft and comforting.

The dead leaves is the most prominent note, especially wet. Dry the leaves are a little smoother and sweeter, and everything is very well blended. If I really search I faintly smell of champaca and a little bite from patchouli.

Edited by roseus

I was very excited to try this one, because I love honey, patchouli, and champa, but the dead leaves were so dominant, and became too acrid on my skin. It was very dry and bitter, like a dead leaf single note, even.

This oddly enough smelled like olive blossom, a touch of honey, and maybe some dirty leafy patchouli. This one has been the oddest Dead Leaves on my skin. But yeah, I actually get a very strong olive oil note from this blend. Good throw and wear length.

This is really green. The leaves are wet and have fragrant flowers mushed up in them. This has got a lot of throw and the patchouli is dominant now it is dry. I would like to come back to it in Summer and see whether I will wear it.