Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the vein (GET IT) of Boo, Suck It, and Spooky, this is a gushing font of sweet bloody black cherry cream and crushed dried blackberries.

First review for this....

I am a cherry fiend, so this was a must buy for me.

In the bottle: strong cherry cream. Very similar to the cherry in Ghoulish and Gothabilly.

Wet on the skin: Same as the bottle. Very strong. No blackberry detected.

Dry: this quieted down very quickly on my skin, becoming a skin scent within moments. Nearly a dead ringer for Ghoulish and Gothabilly, a soft cherry cream scent. No blackberry.

I'm a bit disappointed in this. I have 4 bottles of Ghoulish, and I've a decant of Gothabilly, and so far this is nearly identical to them. I'm going to let this age in the hopes the blackberry comes out, and the strength increases. I won't sell it as I can always use more soft cherry fluff, but I was hoping for something different in this.

First and foremost, Yipe! is sweet and juicy cherry cream. It's delicious and strong upon application. As it dries, it softens a bit and I detect a tartness from the blackberries. The blackberry is a background player here, though, the creamy cherry is the stand out note and it's really really lovely and luscious. Currently debating ordering a back up bottle.

The opening stage of this, as stated above, it black cherry cream - it's both sweet and tart on me at the same time. The cherry fades out on me and I get a dry, lightly-sugared blackberry note. After a while, it's just simple & yummy cream.

I love cherry scents and this is probably my favourite one so far.

Edited by TheIceMaiden

Berry-flavored gummies. That's what Yipe! smells like in the bottle and wet. The first word that came to mind when I sniffed it was "gooey"--it's not like Suck It, which has always veered more in the "hard cherry candy" realm for me. This is Suck It's creamy cousin.

I get a lot of the black cherry at first, but it takes a backseat as it dries down. I'd say the black cherry is still dominant, between it and the blackberry, but I can detect the blackberry, so it's not totally in hiding. The scent ends up sticking close to the skin--after about an hour I had to press my wrist against my nose to get a good whiff of it.

To me, this is definitely cherry cream with a touch of blackberry at the beginning. Hours later I still get cherry cream but there is a hint of baked goods that somehow snuck in there. My skin loves this. No cherry medicine and it has great throw and longevity.

This smells like cherry cream with blackberries. On my skin...the cherry amps and the berries go bitter. *sigh* Off to the swaps with you. :P

Tested at NYCC:

In the bottle: Oh, this definitely reminds me a LOT of Suck it! The cherry is dark, rich, sweet in very much the same way, maybe just not so boozy.

Wet: super syrupy black cherry - I know it says cream, but to me it's more like the old brandy than anything that seems "creamy" at all.

Dry: were there blackberries? I never found them. The black cherry ran away with the show, stayed strong, sticky and syrupy through drydown. Reminds me a LOT of Suck It!

Starts up as a super juicy and sweet version of Hideous Heart (a deeply unappreciated scent, IMO), but settles down to a weird kind of junket scent. Almost like one of those cherry/berry scented dolls, but just on this side of creamy. If you are the sort of person who doesn't morph vanilla into plastic, this will be a delightful perfume.

Starts off smelling a bit like almond, but the creaminess takes over. The cream note is the same one as in Volcanos in Springtime. The final result is pretty girly, fluffy cherry cream. Reminds me vaguely of a lighter Bordello.

When I was a kid, we didn't have many sweets in the house unless it was a holiday or birthday...my brother and I would get a small cookie after dinner if we ate the healthy bits. But there were always marshmallows in the pantry and maraschino cherries in the refrigerator. :) And when wet, Yipe! is the nostalgic smell of that maraschino cherry jar when I opened it to fork out one radioactive-red sweet. It's a very strong cherry-vanilla scent with an edge of almond. As it starts drying down, the cream comes through and this smells more like a real dessert. The blackberries pull in a darker berry note, making the cherry a black cherry.

A couple of hours after applying, this is still black cherries and cream. :yum:

Opening the bottle, this is potent stuff, a wave of creamy black cherry.

On my skin, it's sweet, creamy, fleshy black cherry like whoa. There isn't much to break down here, but I'll try: the sweetness isn't granular sugar, but syrupy. The cream is vanillic and almondy and secondary to the cherry. The cherry is black and fleshy-chewy, and the strongest note. I don't smell blackberries as a standalone, but the cherry seems a little extra dark.

The vanilla in the cream strengthens in drydown and is the strongest note on me once this dries. The dark cherries linger, but quietly now. I can pick out blackberries now, but they are even quieter, ever so faint, almost absent. They're like a hint of dark berry dryness compared with the cherries. (And then I look at the notes again and realize they're dried. I guess that's them.)

Edited by Casablanca

Scant seconds before I put my order in, I added a second bottle of this. I was always going to have one but the cherry-slut in me made me opt for two. I've never had a BPAL cherry scent let me down and the same can be said for blends with notes of cream. I'm glad I blind-bought two bottles during that moment of recklessness because not only is this amazing fresh from the lab, I just know from experience that it's going to age beautifully and get better and better with time.

There is nothing not to like about Yipe. It's sexy and fruity and the blackberry adds so much depth. This will also be fantastic for layering with any sort of musky scent. Gorgeous.

Cherry cordial in the bottle and on application. mmmmmm cherry cordial After a few minutes the cherry recedes and the berry note comes forward. Then it's more like a triple-berry ice cream, or a black cherry ice cream with some berry sauce on top. And after a few more minutes, my skin starts doing the vanilla-plastic thing. Not as bad as French Vanilla; this is more like a "Strawberry Shortcake doll" kind of scented plastic.

Why must my nose fall in love with notes my skin hates?

You know how they have those almond or raisins covered in "yogurt" but it doesn't really taste like yogurt, it taste like really sweet cream? Well this is like a "yogurt" covered cherry on me. It's pretty cool but leans toward candle/air freshener at times

I still really like it and it makes me smile, I just think I might refrain from wearing it to work

Decant: Sharp deep dark boozy black cherry. Not quite sinister but definitely leaning to the dark side
Wet on Me: oh hello black cherry. getting a faint ghost whisper of the cream and the blackberry is gently rounding it out.
Drying Down: The sharp dark black cheery has mellowed big time now it's a dark berry tinged sweet cream under my nose
Dry: okay that dark black cherry sharpness came back a wee bit at dry but tempered or evened out by the cream. This is a fun kicky scent!

Dark, juicy, smooshed black cherries in cream.

I didn't like Suck It, which was straight cherry cough syrup on me, but this is a different cherry note -- more like the one in Ghoulish and MB: Bloody Mary. In fact, this reminds me a good bit of Bloody Mary with the strong sweet cherries and vanilla cream.

The cream note becomes a little more prominent a bit as it dries, and a touch of "other dark fruit" comes out. I'm not sure I would have identified it blackberry without the note list, but it adds a little depth to what is otherwise a pretty straightforward cherries and cream scent.

I normally just rely on Gothabilly for my cherry needs, but this is lovely and a bit more foody and simple. Definitely one of those scents where you can smell all the notes in the list; it's exactly what I expected. So, if the notes appealed to you and you're searching for more cherry scents in the vein of Ghoulish and Bloody Mary, Yipe may be what you're looking for.

Strong throw, good lasting power.

I'm stuffed up today, but am determined to test Weenies anyway! I will likely be giving everything I try today a second go, just in case my nose is off.

Wet: Mmm, yummy, creamy cherry candy. Smells great, but has that edge that I know is just dying to go plastic Barbie heads on me.... don't do it, Yipe, don't do it!!

Dry: Yep, fruity scented doll heads. *sigh*. Why, skin chemistry, why? *Goes to sit under the tree of despair*

Strong black cherry and blackberry cream. It sort of reminds me to Gothabilly and Black Cherry Love oil in scent. Medium throw and wear length.

Waaay too foodie for me.

Wet, it smelled almost like cherry-flavored cough syrup. It dried down to a lovely cherry cream, then almost disappeared. Very low throw, lasted only 20 minutes. Happy to just stay with my decant.

I have always been interested in finding a cherry note that can duplicate Gothabilly's cherry, then I could try layering with other notes perfumes trying to recreate something that I will probably never get to own in bottle form. I really think Yipe is close to Gothabilly, a very juicy cherry with a teeny bit of a sour vibe, but not much, it's pretty sweet. If I had me some Egyptian musk, I'd love to layer this. A little goes a long way here, and wearing this solo is not my thing, but I will play with a bit and see what I come up with. I may search down a partial, just because I love GB so much. :)

Wet: Thick, dripping cherries and dark berries. Almost medicinal? But not?

Dry: same as wet but calmed down, I smell a spice coming? Which makes it a great Perfume as it makes it more wearable. Not that you can't walk around smelling like candy. I can't tell what the spice is... but I will say it smells like Halloween to me. I smell mainly cherries but there is also a mixture of other red berries for me.

I don't get any cream until after a few hours there is a faint faint creamyness that rounds off the syrup quite nicely. I love foodie scents but the don't love my skin. So fruit/berry scents tend to be my go to foodie since sometimes cake goes plastic on me. If you have that proble, I'd try Yipe!

Keeper for sure. It will be nice to wear on Halloween next year.

Everyone who mentioned an initial whiff of cherry cough syrup was spot on! I don't even know how that = cherry because no cherries I've smelled before every smelled like cough syrup, haha. BUT... Yipe! doesn't stay at cough syrup level for long. At dry-down, it's quite lovely and feminine. Sweet, creamy. I don't smell the blackberries yet. Kind of reminds me of cherry chapstick. I think this would layer well with Midnight Mass and other deeply incense-y blends to make both more complex and intriguing. I think I'll keep it just for that!