Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Spiced Autumn Cider

Apple cider and dry red wine with a glug of maple syrup and a generous scattering of ginger, clove, and cinnamon, garnished with apple and tangerine slices, and dotted with black peppercorns for warmth.

Spiced Autumn Cider smells a lot like the mulled wine cider that I make during the holidays. Apple cider and a light, dry wine note are the base, and the ginger, clove, and cinnamon follow. The tangerine and black peppercorn notes are the most subtle on me, rounding things out and adding a slight juicy citrus note and slight additional spice. Wine is not always the best note on me, but it behaves well here and doesn't come across like wine in the way I'm used to...it smells fully mulled and more sedate. There is a faint alcoholic 'sparkle' to this, but it's not overwhelming.

This smells fantastically seasonal, and I wish there was an atmo of the same scent! I may end up using this in my diffuser because it's just such a great smell to have in the air at this time of year.

I've already worn this scent multiple times this Autumnal season! It also reminds me of mulled cider that's made during this holiday season. For me it's a little more "christmasy" smelling than "Halloween" smelling, but it is none-the-less amazing. I get a lot of the ginger, clove, and cinnamon, as well as wine. It's not overly boozy, it's like a nice warm hug. Definitely reminiscent of a cold, holiday night with some close friends and mulled cider.

I'll also be placing this in a diffuser because my house needs to smell like this through New Years.

Ahhh, this is heavenly. Spicy cider with a sweet wine undertone, and a delicious splatter of maple syrup. This survived washing my dishes so you know how long it lasts. Even though it lasts, it's not too strong. I will need a bottle or two.

Smells like that red, sticky, overly sweet, Hi-C fruit punch with a bunch of cinnamon potpourri dumped into it. It's cloying and tart, and the cinnamon smells like a holiday potpourri. I was hoping that this would smell like Gluhwein, but it doesn't at all. It's definitely more sugary fruit punch than wine.

Burns my skin and itches where applied, from the heavy cinnamon.

Edited by Little Bird

This is deliciously sweet and fruity; I'm getting lots of ginger, cinnamon, and apple cider with a hint of wine. I'm going to have to agree with Little Bird; this smells like a sugary fruit punch. On me, it's delicious and festive, and I'm glad that I blind purchased a bottle. I can see myself wearing this a lot!

I had a bit of a problem with Spiced Autumn Cider.

The smell itself is lovely enough: spicy, apple-infused, and full of other fallish delights. Unfortunately my skin does not agree with something that went into the oil. Within 2 minutes after putting on the oil, I felt an intense burning sensation where touched my skin. My skin became red and inflamed, and I had to wash it and take an antihistamine.

I suspect my batch may have been too heavy on either the cinnamon oil or the pepper essence, which is such a pity. I've never had a problem with any BPAL oils before, and iI'm disappointed that I won't be able to wear such a lovely scent. I'll probably steal evil enabler's idea to use Spiced Autumn Cider in a diffuser instead.

I've had bad luck with the cider-y/autumnal scents in the past, but this one might FINALLY be my holy grail. This had pretty strong throw when first applied - I could smell heavy cinnamon while holding my wrist about a foot away from my face. The spicy sillage dies down after a while, and closer to the skin it actually smells like something I'd drink as opposed to a craft store candle (which Fearful Pleasure unfortunately turned into on me).

Repeated testings are necessary, but I may upgrade to a bottle. I also agree with those who say this would be a great room scent!

Rather a lot like the blend 'Autumn Cider' but with more spice - exactly what it says on the label.

I get the cider and the wine (more cider, less wine), I get the maple sweetness and I get the gorgeous spices and tangerine. All in the good.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I love cider. I love the aroma when I make it every Christmas. I thoroughly enjoy the Apple Cider SN from a previous Weenie collection. I wasn't sure I needed another cider scent, but when the time came to order, I threw it in.

In the Bottle: Definitely cider. Kind of like the recipe I use that includes wine and muscadine cider. Rich and fruity with the hint of spices in the background.

Wet: Rich and sweet wine, dark and delicious.

Drydown: The spices come out to play and everything is wonderful. On me this is Pumpkin Spice Everything on top of a port wine single note.

Verdict: This is a lovely scent. I'll side-by-side it with my Apple Cider SN to be sure, but I expect I'll want to keep both.

Wet this smelled identical to those foot long pieces of gum I got as a kid, Bubblegum tape? Dry it's a cinnamon spicy apple, with a wine undertone. On the fence with them.

Spicy cinnamon and apple, with a touch of ginger and red wine. Honestly, this smells fantastic and I wish it were a candle. UGH, this makes me want hot spiced cider so badly right now. Good throw and wear length.

Hadn't actually intended to try this, but my lovely decantress sent me a tester, so I guess I will!! <3

Mmm! There is a lot of wine in this here cider. The mulling spices are lovely. I want a big hot mug of this, pronto. I want my whole house to smell like it (because I have a huge crock of it in the kitchen). I don't really want to wear it, but man is it making me thirsty. This smells like the best part of the holidays (getting drunk and pretending you like your weird relatives. That could just be me...)

Wet: Yankee Candle. It has almost a waxy-plastic undertone as it's drying down, which, oddly, I think may be the tangerine and the apple mixed together. The cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and maple take longer to show up on me. After about 15 minutes, the spices show up, and it's a very lovely fall scent. Could be a favorite!

Update: It's burnnnnning :(

Edited by gloame

I gave this one a try even though I know Apple doesn't like me skin and sadly it didn't work again. The Apple was a strong soapy scent on me mixed with light spice and booze. I don't know why Apple goes yucky on me it's unfortunate. This bottle did have the cutest label though. Ended up selling it.

I wore this blind on Christmas day! Thankfully I really enjoyed it. It smells like eating an alcoholic fruit cake in autumn. Hard to judge throw due to the amount of layers I was wearing. But I caught a slight clove whiff when I hopped into the bath at the end of the day. Will be wearing it again :)

This is a WILDLY cinnamony fruit punch to start, emphasis on the punch. I normally don't react to cinnamon, but this one is so red-hot, it made my arms welt up. Once it calms down, the ginger and clove emerge and it's a more rounded cidery scent, quite spicy but plenty of apple and citrus to keep it bright and fruity. The smell of it in the bottle is always a little scary, how crazy-hot and fruity punchy it is, and I tend to forget that I need to be careful where this goes on skin. However, the drydown is always worth it! This ends up smelling like quintessential fall, especially if you strongly associate the season with cinnamon.

I'd recommend this cider to the cinnamon lovers, those who can wear it easily on their skin or are willing to adjust placement/delivery method to accommodate its potency. The glug of maple syrup gives it more sweetness (fruit punch-style) than some of the other cider offerings, but make no mistake, this is super fiery and the syrup doesn't tone that down at all! Spiced Autumn Cider earns its place amongst all the various apples and ciders by being just EXTRA at everything. If you want that experience of drinking a HOT-spicy beverage on a cold fall morning, here's your ticket.

I would wear this while: bundling up for a very chilly autumnal day