Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Crystallized glittering shards of lightly spiced pumpkin sugar.

In the wet stage, this is a very sugary, lightly spiced (not buttery) pumpkin note. To me, it smells almost exactly like the Pumpkin Candyfloss note used in all the different scents of that name. As it dries, it smelled like lightly spiced white sugar with a hint of pumpkin. Yum!

You know those huge sugar-crusted pumpkin roll cakes that abound at bakeries this time of year? Pumpkin Sugar is like a big slab of that on a plate. I wanted straight up sugary, ever-so-slightly spiced pumpkin, and that's exactly what I got. Love.

Just got mine in. It is not lightly scented as some were afraid of it being, it's a med/strong scent out of the bottle that reminds me of spiced sugar cookies with that touch of a lemon note.

Dried down it's a cinnamon sugar cookie scent. Glad I got this one! Cannot go wrong with this choice.

Tested at NYCC: Wet: straight up sugar with pumpkin. Not pumpkin spice, pumpkin. On the skin...burnt pumpkin sugar. So glad I tested it. So glad I don't like it.

Right out of the gate, this is in-your-face spicy/sweet pumpkin on me! No overt butter note, which is good news for me.

It's so spicy and sweet in fact, that there's an aspect of it that almost reminds me of candies like red hots / cinnamon imperials / hot tamales. Usually I'm sensitive to the lab's cinnamon or cassia note and will get red welts when I apply a blend that contains them, but so far with this my skin is fine! Phew.

As times goes on, the pumpkin fades a bit and this becomes more about the sugar and spices. It's quite strong and wonderfully evocative of the season, glad I scored a bottle!

ETA: The longer this wears, the more it reminds me of Moroccan Pumpkin Patch, which is probably my all-time favorite BPAL pumpkin scent!! :wub3:

Edited by missnix

I'm not sure I get much of any pumpkin in this, but I love it anyways!

This is BAM spices and sugar to me and on me. By far the longest lasting scent I have ever worn. I think it smells like spice cakes, classmates think it smells like cinnabons, family thinks it smells like brown sugar with allspice.

I wish it had more of a pumpkin-buttery smell as others have noted, but as it stands it's a beautifully spicy seasonal scent. For me I only need a little bit on my wrists, no slathering here!

On me, this is not lightly spiced. This is entirely the fault of my woods/spices amping skin. In the bottle, it's a beautiful, light and sweet pumpkin. On me, it smells like someone was getting ready to bake a pumpkin pie and spilled their spice cabinet all over the place. All spices, all the time. :cry:

I was hoping for some sort of pumpkin sugar cookie, or pumpkin infused sugar. But its rather a very sweet pumpkin spice mixture.

This is not unpleasant, in fact it is quite nice, but its just not exactly what I was hoping for.

In its own right, its a very sweet blend of pumpkin pie spices, with particular emphasis on the cinnamon. Its not a "light" scent, but has a decent amount of presence, and a reasonable ware time.

Woo! This is a spicy one, alright! I don't get much pumpkin from it. In fact, there's something almost maple to my nose. O.o Still, it's a warm, spicy scent with decent throw. It'll be great when the weather gets cold!

Pumpkin Sugar: in the bottle, brown sugar. It scared me because I definitely do not want to smell like brown sugar at all. I neglected testing it for a week for that reason.

It was pretty cool out today, so if any time was appropriate to test this scent, I thought today would be. Wet, on skin...no brown sugar! Strong vegetable pumpkin note, which I love...then WHITE sugar! There is a spice in there, and I believe that is what contributed to my initial interpretation of brown sugar.

Dries down to pure sugar with pumpkin settled in behind, and a sprig of spice just to warm it up.

I could see myself springing for another bottle maybe. I haven't tested all the gourmand weenies yet, but this is a pretty good one until I do.

I get a spicy, gingery pumpkin cookie. Always in the mood to wear this one. :D

In the bottle, sniffing... I get a strong gingery spice as well. Potent!

On skin, like said above a few times, it is a yummy pumpkin. I don't get the usual pumpkin pie scent and it isn't vegetable-y, but a sweet and spicy..... simple pumpkin!

As it dries down, it stays the same for me... spicy pumpkin with a dash of sugar, but it stays close to my skin and is less potent than first sniff. I love this and I think this might be one to try for those who want to love pumpkin but it doesn't seem to work on them. I love it!

Edit to add... been a couple days, and I realized, this smells VERY close to Orange Pumpkin Floss, so if you loved that, get this!

Edited by Numanoid

Pumpkin Sugar smells to me like sugary spicy pumpkin in the bottle.

But fresh on my skin, it's spicy pumpkin cookie dough. Cinnamon-nutmeg pumpkin cookie dough. Great if that's what you're after. Either way, the doughy part of the scent settles down over time, leaving more pumpkin spice.

Good throw.

This is an unusual one. When it's wet I get spiced pumpkin with a strong kick of hot, dry cinnamon and hardly any sweetness. After it dries, the vegetal pumpkin note disappears and it morphs into a sweet, sugary honey scent with a tiny hint of spice. On my skin it's actually very similar to Gilgajaur from the 2015 Yules, except Pumpkin Sugar has a thin, clear character whereas Giljagaur is thicker and creamier. I really like this.

EDIT: I wore this again today and I had to double-check that it was the same decant, because it was totally different to how I remembered it. This time, Pumpkin Sugar smelled exactly like pancakes with maple syrup! Maybe something to do with aging or skin chemistry?

Edited by CitrusFiend

Oh my, this is a perfect pumpkin candyfloss scent. I'm a huge fan of all the 'pumpkin floss' scents the lab have gifted us with but somehow this one is the glistening tiara atop them all. I was expecting a more 'hard candy' scent, with that slightly burnt sugar note I always pick up on when I use the Spun Sugar Spectre bath oil, but it's all candyfloss all the time. No browned sugar, no real spice to speak of - just amber-coloured clouds of perfect pumpkin sugar. Glorious.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I like pumpkin when it's spiced. I like sugar.

In the Bottle: Hello, Jack from the GC. Who threw you into a vat of honey?

Wet: The second it hits my skin, the spices come running up, screaming for my attention. Very foody and baking impressions right now.

Drydown: The spices calm down and let the pumpkin back in. A little buttery, very foody, sweet without making teeth ache.

Verdict: This is terrific and I am glad I have a bottle. I'll do a side-by-side to be sure, but this seems to be a lighter option to Pumpkin Spice Everything and includes some actual pumpkin.

Edited by puck_nc

Sugary pumpkin spice with a touch of buttery cream. This one to me was more sugar and more of the spice than actual pumpkin. In the same way that a pumpkin spice latte makes you think of pumpkin, but not because there's real pumpkin it it, but because of the spices associated with it. Good throw and wear length.

Well, this one acted exactly like last years Pumpkin Lager did on my skin- CINNAMON and a tiny bit of pumpkin. I was hoping for a little bit softer sweetness, but the spices just seem to scream on me. I'll probably try to swap this one away- it's pleasant, it just does not play well with my skin chemsistry.

When I first got this it was BAM! all spices all the time. Popped it away for a few weeks and it's definitely developed.

Now I get thick, spiced, buttery, caramelised brown sugar. Can't say I get any pumpkin from it but that'll just be my skin chemistry mucking with it.

I don't think it's quite my thing but luscious for someone who likes their caramels.

I wasn't entirely sure if I would like this but it's become one of my favorite scents from Halloween.

Like many others I don't get so much pumpkin as I do strong toasty spices blended with fine white sugar crystals. I get a faint tartness but it's more like ginger than anything fruity.

Once it dries down and calms down somewhat it has a medium-soft throw. Smells like sugar-crusted gingerbread with a dusting of pumpkin spices. Sweet, spicy, and intriguing but there is also a brightness to it; not cloying in the usual calorie-laden baked goods way (if that makes sense).

In the decant: Yum! I smell sugar, spices like cinnamon (pumpkin pie spice?), and a little bit of the pumpkin note that my brain tends to parse as "orange", like in Pumpkin Hard Candy, which was included as a frimp with one of my BPTP orders at some point.

On my skin: Similar sugar and spice blend, with a bit more of that "orange" note coming out. It's in the same family of scents as Pumpkin V 2012 and 2015's Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie, although Pumpkin V is more creamy with all the vanilla and I remember FPSC having more rich "cookie" to it (though I'm not sure where my decant is to compare them side by side). This is still in the foody category but I don't find it as "heavy" as either of those blends (though I do love both of those also). There's a little bit of creaminess to it but not as much. It also reminds me of Gingerbread Poppet (2010 is the year I have) and the spices used in that and its small amount of "frosting". I'm not getting much pumpkin - mostly the spices and sugar. The throw is pretty strong on this one.
Overall, I have enough similar blends that I don't think I need a bottle of this (especially because a little seems to be going a long way), but it's a very nice alternative for "sugar and spice" if you can't get ahold of those!

This is the cutest bottle, and I'm sure it's just perfect for so many people. But, I think I have finally learned my lesson that I amp pumpkin to high hell and smell like raw vegetables and Indian food. In the bottle this is sweet sugary pumpkin! On my skin it's OMG PUMPKIN SPICE AND CURRY. RED HOTS. RAW SQUASH. It does dry down to a sweeter gentler scent but it is not for me. Personal Fail.

Literally, this smells like the pumpkin roll my Great Aunt made me take home at Christmas last year, because "We're not going to eat it, and you need to eat."

I can smell the pumpkin, the cinnamon, the sweet cream filling, and sugar, the spices... I wish I had some coffee to go with this, because I really want a bite now.

I feel like I smell like a good bit of the Holiday season wearing this. Yum.