Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
scarletmaeve

Honeyed Apple

I expected this to be darker and gooier, but it's actually light and soft. The apple seems more golden than red to me, and the honey isn't one I've smelled in any BPAL blends before. It almost smells like a honey liqueur--this is extra concentrated honey, but it's still not too heavy or too sweet. There's a floral tone to it, but in a different way than in Les Bijoux or Hetairae; this is more an autumn floral than a spring one, fittingly. Definitely a winner for me, despite already having so many apple scents. At this point I think I could just blind-buy any BPAL apple blend and love it.

Honeyed Apple is simple and sweet, and really enjoyable to wear. I agree that this smells like golden apple, and with the honey this smells rich and round and absolutely emblematic of the height of autumn.

It smells so wonderful when wet, but soon thereafter the apple fades and i'm left with the golden honey with a beeswax undertone, The beeswax note is the same as in This Wan White Humming Hive. Really intriguing, i just hope the apple shows up, after the blend settles.

Edited by theredkilt

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Just *gorgeous*. Definitely sweet, juicy, delectable apple and pale, perfumey honey. The lab scents that I have have either a thick, strong, dank (in a good way!) honey with intense throw like in The Witches or more recently Sharing of the Cake HG; or light, sweet almost effervescent honey that I smell in Honey Moon. This is definitely the lighter honey. These two notes blend together into the most beautiful, sweet perfume that wafts juicy apple from time to time but ultimately dries down into a extremely feminine scent with hits of light honey tang. Really nice throw and wear length. It's amazing how just two components come together to create something more than the sum of their parts. If you like sweet girly scents this is for you! Plus, the label is just the cutest. Those little marching trick or treating kitties just make my day! Meow! Might need a backup of this.

This scent is sexy apples. It turns my neck red while wet but once the oil dries it fades... doesn't hurt, just irritates my skin. Don't even care... it smells THAT good.

I'm going to start out by saying this is one of my favorite scents from BPAL. I was just starting to get obsessed with BPAL's oils around that time, and had to add this one to the collection as soon as I had read about it.

Wet in the bottle it's definitely the mouth-watering scent of a caramel-apple lollipop. Almost cloyingly so. After first applying it to my skin it warms up and the honey notes become much more clear. I still smell the apple under there somewhere. Upon the dry down it keeps that syrupy-sweetness to it, but it's not heavy enough to bother me or give me a headache. A lot of other folks have mentioned a clean 'shampoo' smell, but it doesn't come through like that on my skin. After wearing it for an hour or so the apple is barely an undertone but I still smell like sweet, sweet honey. This is a long lasting scent for me, which I don't mind at all. And it carries; the boyfriend walks into the living room after getting home from work, and he always comments how delicious it smells.

I need to get another 5ml vial of this, I hope it ages well!

In bottle:  Very green apple and a tad more perfumey than expected.  Wet: Sweet and exquisite on the skin, the gentleness of the honey perfectly balances he crispness of the apple.  I wish I had a bottle.  Dry:  Mostly honey with a hint of apple.

2020 Version:

More honey on the open than 2016's apple, but otherwise the same deliriously gorgeous blend. Perfumy honey, sweet apple, cycling and blending. Lasts for hours.

Fun fact: I did not need to get a bottle of this scent this year, because I already have a bottle and a backup bottle of 2016. Ya know what? I BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY ANYWAY, BECAUSE IT IS SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL. This is one of my top five all-time favorites. If my house was on fire and I could only save a handful of bottles, this would be one of them. If someone wants to swap with me and offers me a 2020 backup bottle, I will take that swap. That's how much I love this perfume oil. 😍

2020 version. I can see why this one is so beloved. I love honey in perfume, and I like apple, and together they are gorgeous. To me, the apple smells tart and green, which makes the sweetness of the honey complement it wonderfully. This isn't a complex scent, but the notes sort of . . . dance around each other, if that makes sense; sometimes my nose gets more honey, sometimes more apple. It has a shimmering quality. I might have to get a back up bottle. 

2020 version.

Me the day the Weenies were released: I passed this up in 2016 (that entire Weenie update, actually) and I don't need another apple scent, but I should get a decant, right?

Me, upon finding out that this was not going to be in the Weenie circle I joined: Well, Soupy Twist really sang this one's praises, maybe I should just blind bottle it and hope it works out?

Me, after testing the bottle: This is one sexy apple, and I would have been foolish to resist its charms.

I used to have the NYCC exclusive Honeyed Apple Bath Oil, which I used up a while ago, so I am not able to compare the two, but I think this one smells different. This features a crisp apple note and some perfumey honey that just melds with the skin and gets better with wear as the hours go by. I agree with feyofthefellwood's description of the two notes dancing around each other. They intertwine so beautifully, it's hard to resist sniffing yourself throughout the day.

I thought A Cozy Apple and an Apple Cider would be the apple hit of my order, but you know what? It was Honeyed Apple, hands down. 

2020 version!

Wet: Granny smith apple! A little extra sweetness that I'm safely assuming is due to the honey, but don't actually smell a honey note.

Dry: While the throw on this has significantly lessened, I can smell the honey now! As a bonus, the apple scent stayed true and didn't turn to potpourri! 

I'll definitely hang on to my decant. 

2020 Version

It's a sweet, rather fresh apple smell, while the honey gives it an edge that is slightly warm. It faded rather quickly for me, but was nice while it was here!

2020 version.

In the bottle, this is a syrupy-sweet apple suspended in a glowing ether (that is possibly amber-adjacent?). This is the good stuff I came here for, yep yep.

On my skin, a year ago when I first got this, it was equal parts honey, apple, and "perfume" wet. The perfume wasn't screeching, but it was sharper than what I was getting in the bottle.  Dry, the apple faded into the background a bit, but a couple hours in was still there, just muted. This remained feeling "perfumey" in a way that can sometimes be headaches-ville for me. All the lovely bits were still present too, though--both crisp and warm, and sweet without being foodie.

Why I'm writing this review: I just had a craving for something in the "sweet apple" scent universe and pulled this out again in fall 2021 after some months in a dark storage box. A year of age has been very, very kind to this blend. The perfuminess of it fresh has calmed down and it's just straight-up gorgeous, like...the ideal of an apple drizzled in delicate honey with a glowing sun-nimbus around the whole decadent snack. There's a not quite amber, not quite vanilla element to that glow, and the overall effect is so beautiful. This was one I seriously considered adding to a destash pile last year and is now a reminder of how my failure to destash really any scents so far in my BPAL journey is maybe not actually a failure after all.

Reviewing the 2020 version:

Exactly what it says on the bottle. A juicy pink apple dipped in a light, slightly floral honey. Sweet without being cloying, and gourmand without making me want to chew on myself. It reminds me a little of a sweeter and more all-season version of my favorite three note (white clover, elderflower, and apple). Honey and apple are two bpal notes that always always work on me, and together they are a complete delight. So glad I managed to get ahold of a bottle.

Edited by crystaltongue