Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
scarletmaeve

Honeyed Apple

Slices of apple dipped in golden honey.

Oh my gosh, could I be first, please.

In the bottle its like a bright crisp apple just picked off the tree. Warm and juicy, the honey adds the perfect amount of delicious sweetness.
Oddly enough, I don't consider this scent at all foody, but actually quite light, bright and delightful.
On my skin, it remains true to the bottle. YUM! so good.

I came back to Bpal after a bit of a hiatus and I'm so glad I did! This is the first scent I picked up and it's just lovely. A fresh apple with a golden honey drizzle. It ends up smelling more like fall on me when the notes come together, like i'm out at an apple orchard on a cool day eating honeycomb. I absolutely love it!

I thought this one was going to be a perfume version of the Honeyed Apple bath oil (which I love), and while this is just as good, it isn't a clone, it is it's own blend.

The apple is very much prominent and realistic, like a big, fresh, crisp, red apple. The honey adds a bit of sweetness, but it's lighter and not as heavy as some honey blends are, very well balanced!

My first apple scent! In the bottle it smells really sharp and sweet, like an overly fake apple flavour for boiled sweets. I really hope it doesn't remain like this, eek! I am a honey lover, so am hoping this mellows out a bit. As it's drying it is smelling like apple shampoo to me. Please mellow, I bought a whole bottle! This has a lot of throw, which I wasn't expecting. The honey is starting to come through and deepen the smell and I hope it continues this way! Oh dear, it's starting to give me a headache now. I am such a honey fan, but I don't think there is enough in here for me. I'll see what it's like much later, failing that, I will see how it ages.

Edit: The throw has calmed down, but I don't think it's one I will wear on it's own very much. However, I tested Samhain (2016) on my other wrist, and when I caught a whiff of them together it was stunning! Honeyed Apple, you have been saved!

Edited by Bamels

My first apple scent, too! I really enjoy this, the apple is strong and bright. It's a refreshing light fall scent, a nice change from the darker, heavier Weenies in my collection. The honey comes in after about a half hour and stays for quite a while. There is a nice lingering syrup scent.

Tester from Wench457:

In the bottle it's honeyed apple to the nth degree. Honeycrisp with extra honey. I seriously want to walk around with the bottle strapped to my nose (weird as that would look).

On skin, it takes on a totally different note. It's got an added musky vanilla scent, with just a smidge powder. It's much more complex than the "in the bottle" smell, but just as lovely. I hope to get my hands on a bottle before they all disappear.

When I was first going through the Halloween update, I immediately clicked "add to cart" after reading the description for Honeyed Apple and before I continued reading the rest of the update. I don't have a vast array of apple scents, but the few that I do have, I adore. However, honey is a weakness - it's mellow sweetness is almost always favorably met by me. Honeyed Apple is so beautifully blended, it's nearly impossible to tell where the apple stops and the honey begins. The apple is fresh, crisp, and juicy, so I will assume it's a Honeycrisp apple. :heart: The honey is rich, complex, with a floral edge. Once the oil sinks into the skin, it transforms from two distinctive notes to one deliciously sweet and seductive aroma. After it dries down, if I put my nose near the spot on my arm where I applied and breathe in deeply - my mouth instinctively begins to water. (seriously!) Droolworthy, indeed!

I've never been really drawn to BPAL's honey or apple notes, but I'm glad I took a chance on this because it's an amazing combination. The apple is crisp and tart, drying down into the most wonderful honey sweetness. I love how it smells like a juicy green jolly rancher at first, but is never too sweet. This scent makes me so happy. And look at those trick-or-treating cats. :wub:

This is just gorgeous. Sweet apple juice (other posters above are right; it's a honeycrisp) in the bottle and on application. It's a very light and floral honey, almost perfumy but in a good way. It's definitely not a beeswax kind of right-out-of-the-comb honey (I like the Lab's beeswax note, but this is not it). The apple juice and floral honey notes cycle with each other as it dries down. The mix is wonderful. A perfect "warm September day" scent.

Six or seven hours later, this is still a rich but not cloying floral honey, with lots of staying power. I can't stop huffing my arm. holy cats.

ETA I had put on a jacket about half an hour after applying it, and two days later the jacket is still faintly scented. So glad I managed to snag a bottle.

Edited by Soupy Twist

A slightly soapy, perfumey apple that really smells like apple scented salon shampoo to me. There's a definite sweetness, but I can't place it as honey, and the drydown smells rather waxy/plasticy to me, like melting candle wax. I flip between thinking it smells like apple shampoo to thinking it smells like apple scented holiday candle. I'm not really enjoying it.

Let me start off by saying I don't really care for fruity scents. I ordered this because I'm obsessed with honey, it's pretty much my favorite note. I hoped for a dark, gooey, strong honey but the apple is definitely the main scent, the star of the show. The honey is there, I can smell it, it's more of a light, perfumey honey. I do think anyone who likes apple perfume will love this one, but it's just not my thing. I immediately thought of shampoo after applying and after a while it did get a tad bit spicier and less... shampooish... but like I said, not my thing.

Sexy apple! I'm another person who's not a fruit scents fan, but this is stunning. There's definitely a musk in here (golden, perhaps, given the description?) which when wet makes it a very realistic apple note with a sweet rich musky honey. Drying down it goes through some faintly shampoo-ish posh-salon-y phases, but it always returns to the good stuff. After several hours' wear it was mostly a rich musk with lingering sweetness. Lovely stuff!

Welp. I got this hoping for juicy, tasty, realistic apple and honey.

In the bottle I get a sweet, high-pitched, almost hairspray-like perfume. It's definitely a fruity sweetness, plus a slightly deeper golden one. Wet on skin, the hairspray quality tones down a ton. It's a classy, sophisticated kind of scent. A smooth golden musk does come out. Not gourmand at all. It's not at all what I was expected, but I'll be reaching for it often. Makes me feel fancy.

Fresh on my skin, this is Honeycrisp primarily, and honey in solid support. I also seem to get a little floral something... honeysuckle hiding in the honey? Sunflower? I don't think I have any sunflower notes from the lab, but something in this reminds me of a sunflower body spray I used to have. Some golden flower, smelling like late-afternoon sunshine... and apricot? I'm getting an apricot tone blended into the apple.

As Honeyed Apple dries, its colorful notes dip below the horizon and musk emerges. It becomes a subtle apple- and gold-toned musky skin scent on me at this point.

It's an autumn sun in a bottle.

In the bottle it's very sweet smelling, with apple floating beneath the surface of the honey. Kind of like the smell of a really good apple shampoo. On my skin, it's absolutely gorgeous. Delicious rich golden honey with apple sweetening it in the background. It has good throw on me, my mom walked past me and told me she could smell it even though I only had a small test patch on. Which is good to know because otherwise I would probably slather it...it just smells so good as it dries.

I was hoping the apple would dominate this one, but I still really love it. Definitely something I will be wearing quite a bit!

Wet, it starts with an immediate blast of sweet candied fruit, followed by something floral and musky with a whole lot of throw. The apple note disappears after it dries, leaving a powdery honeyed pastry kind of smell. I'm not too fond of this one, it's just too perfumey for me.

This is such a soothing blend. To me, it's a sweet yellowy apple first of all and then the honey comes through when wet on my wrist. I don't get any of the crisp, sharp apple I'm used to from the lab. Instead, it's a softer, juicier apple that for some reason I am convinced is yellow in colour. Perfect autumnal scent - of course.

So, I loved the apple/honey combo from Eve (the DC'd Excolo), but sometimes the florals would misbehave. This is like the Lab heard my unvoiced prayer. What it says on the tin - lots of apple and honey with a hint of SOMETHING musky. It's smooth and golden and lasts FOREVER, with pretty strong sillage, to boot. There is something almost high-end shampoo/perfumey about this, but it just smells airy and GOOD. May have to spring for a bottle.

Edited by vthesiren

Ok so not sure what happened here...but this is skin chemistry magic.

Wet, its sweet apple and silky sweet honey. Drydown? AMAZING. Honey musk. Pure sweet heavenly honey musk. I just ordered 2 bottles. :wub2:

I agree this smells like a fancy shampoo. On me there is a strong high pitched astringent note overlaying a floraly apple. Nothing resembling honey. I'll keep the imp in the hopes it smooths out, but as is, it's too sharp for me.

This is really stunning on me. Starts out a beautiful apple with true honey and then once it dries it just goes so beautiful, not like bpal's usual honey note, or really like apples either; instead like a beautiful complex warm vanilla. I really like this. Gorgeous.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I have some great apple-based scents from BPAL. Honey is iffy on me. I hesitated over this one but some of the reviews nudged it into my cart.

In the Bottle: Fresh apple, tilting ever so slightly on the tart side.

Wet: Still very fresh apple. My mental image is a green apple, but it's sweet. Golden Delicious rather than Granny Smith.

Drydown: The sweet finally coalesces into honey. It doesn't drown out the apple, but I am getting something of a "shampoo" impression now.

Verdict: I'll play with this some more, side-by-side it with my other apple scents, and see.

Very realistic, juicy, sweet red apple is the primary note. The honey is light and tends towards the floral-honey rather than musky-honey side of the honey spectrum. It's also a bit of a vanilla-beeswax honey, sweet but light rather than heavy.

This is pretty, but definitely has the shampoo/perfume aspect other people have mentioned. Normally it's scents with apple blossom rather than apples that give me that sort of vibe, but I think the floral notes of the honey + apple combine to give a shampoo tone.

A sweet, golden scent. I'm not sure I've smelled this precise apple note before; at least, it doesn't remind me of most of the apples I've tried.

Was leery about trying this, since ALL the honey notes I have tried have failed on me, and I really want honey to work...and reading other posts, well, guess I better try it!

In the bottle - This smells very yummy!! Like already said, it is a very crisp sweet apple!

On my skin - Ohh, promising so far...still very sweet and apple-y. So far the honey note is playing nice. Fingers crossed!

Dry down - Alright...this might be the ONLY scent with both apple and honey that actually works on me! The honey is there, but it is being nice! Usually, honey can go VERY sweet on me, or it turns to honey powder, but maybe the apple combo in this is helping to keep it just right! Lovely sweet apple with that touch of honey on it! So far so good!!

If you have issues with honey notes, give this a whirl.... it is turning out to be very good.

Edit: Well.....bad news. I guess honey and I are officially over! :( After about half an hour, it went all powdery and way too strong on me. <sigh> I tried to make it work, but no.....

Edited by Numanoid

Floral green apple and honey. This one is light and sweet, and I'd say it would be very appropriate for a young teenage girl. Good throw and wear length.