Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
miss_rynn

Caramel Apple Cookie

Brown sugar cookies with fat chunks of cinnamon-dusted apple and swirls of caramel.

This feels like a very apple crumble scent. Or, rather, the brown sugar/oats/cinnamon crumble part with a huge dose of unbaked green apples. Even to the point of green apple peel. It settles into a more rounded apple note, but the apple crumble vibe is still there. My skin eats it pretty fast, but it is a perfectly pleasant little perfume.

In the bottle: CARAMEL VODKA. Very boozy!

On skin: Apple! Red apple. And caramel vodka. Yuuum!

Later: This smells just like the hot apple cider that I spike with caramel vodka for Halloween Parties. *licks lips*

20 minutes in: Oh dear. So I can't ever wear Sugar Skull or Boo or Sugar Cookie (Yules) because the sugar in them turns to plastic (sometimes burning plastic) on my skin. So coming forward is what seems to be the brown sugar, and it is also turning to plastic on me. There is still a little bit of caramel and apple in the background, though.

25 minutes in: RIP :'( It's all burning plastic now. Damn you, skin chemistry! I don't think I can keep this one, sadly. :'(

Edited by mollison

In bottle: caramel green apple with a hint of brown sugar in the background

On skin: smells exactly like in the bottle. Once it drys down the apple fades and your left with an apple crisp scent. The caramel and brow sugar come out and the apple stays in the background.

Wet, this is all caramel and green apple with a bit of cinnamon. The cookie comes forward as it dries down, with the oaty, burnt sugar note that I get from Sugar Skull. That sugar note can be a little iffy on me, but I love the caramel apple opening.

I love this one,I usually don't go for fruity stuff but this is good , this I like. It's like super juicy sweet but kinda tart green Apple with caramel sweetness that warms it up and they mush together as it wears . I actually have gotten random compliments twice while wearing this ! Which doesn't happen to me often haha . & It lasts pretty long on me.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Talizorah

Starts off smelling those apple hard candy suckers coated in caramel and quickly fades into a smoky, burnt snickerdoodles cookie. Cinnamon and burnt sugar cookie. Very light, though, even with the spice, and I can't smell anything after the one hour mark.

Oh yes..... yes yes yes!

In the bottle, there is that lovely caramel apple!! It is a nice blast! I have been wanting a nice, strong caramel type scent and all the ones I have tried have been too pale.

On my skin, this is ALL caramel and apple. I do get that cookie vibe in there... and can see where someone else detects brown sugar, but this is a perfect caramel scent for me! The apple is there in the background, but that is also very good as apple on me can go either way.

If you have tried Sugar Slathered Candy Apple and loved it, then you will LOVE this. To me, this is a stronger version of that!! A keeper for me for sure. Great throw!!!

In the bottle it's the Lab's characteristic sweet, syrupy, gooey cookie note, but once it hits the skin it totally transforms! I get a strong nutty scent combined with a crisp, green apple that reminds me a bit of the GC, The Apple of Sodom. As it dries, the syrupy cookie note sneaks back in, making for a well-rounded mix of sweet, nutty, and fresh. It was a surprise to find the apple note is the crisp green variety rather than the roasted sweetened variety, but I still love this scent!

I'm not a fan of foodie-bakery scents generally, and thus far I've been unable to find a lab apple scent that works on me, yet: THIS. IS. AMAZING. Seriously. I tried my wife's decant, and it's just *gorgeous*. Wet it smells exactly like caramel apple cookies fresh from the oven - you can really smell the melty tart-sweet cooked green apple - and on my skin it turns to gently spiced apple crumble. Which isn't a kind of scent I thought I'd ever want to wear, but I want to just douse myself in this. It really smells of autumn to me, as I'm used to making crumbles when the apples ripen here. The only downside is it makes me hungry! Need a bottle of this between my wife (on whom it stays true to the wet scent) and I.

This was such a surprise for me! I tested it at VT WC. Caramel is a note that I often try for and often fail with, and this one starts to go the way of the badness - but after a while, it settled down and was straight up delicious. With the cookie and apple, it's delectable - not cloying, just a really yummy perfect balance of slightly buttery, browned, sweet, apple. So good.

Mmmmm :yum: This is delectable, and on me it unfolds in distinct layers: first caramel, then green apple (definitely green to my nose), then sugar cookie. It's like eating your way through the caramel coating to the apple and then a cookie center. :cookie: It has a lot of throw at first, but the cookie note disappears quickly, leaving caramel apple to linger nicely. A perfect scent for a fall day at the state fair or a hayride.

I collect the lab's caramel/candied apple scents. If there's one out there, you can guarantee I know about it and that I'm stockpiling it. So when I saw this one on the update it was definitely the first one I added to my basket and I did so with a grin that would give any Jack O'Lantern a run for its money.

I hoped for the cookie and for the apple but what has surprised me (in the best possible way) is how much caramel I'm getting too. Cookie and apple notes can bury other notes when it comes to my skin chemistry but this one has a real lip-smacking burst of sweet, creamy caramel that is there in the bottle, wet on my wrist and louder still on the drydown. The throw is incredible. When I put this on, it scents not only me but the whole room. It lasts for hours and hours too. This is just fucking beautiful and has made me so happy. Caramel apple cookie win!!

You know those big, chewy cookies that are always on sale for $1 at the grocery store? The big ones that come in packs of six or something and come in flavors like Dutch Chocolate and Oatmeal Raisin? That's what this is reminding me of - super-chewy soft sugar cookies with, indeed, just a "swirl" of caramel and chunks of fresh apples. Unfortunately, there is a note that threatens to turn to plastic on my skin as well, but I'm going to test this one a few times before making a final judgment.

Edited by vthesiren

The Lab's lovely brûlée note and fresh apple juice in the bottle, but only the apple juice on application. This fades on the drydown and the brûlée comes back, until it's a dead ringer for Sugar Skull. No cookie notes at all. If I didn't have Sugar Skull I'd be snapping up a bottle of this, but I'm not getting any apple, caramel (which is not the same as crystallized burnt sugar), or cookie.

Caramel and cookie first, then a tart green apple. I definitely get the brown sugar/crumble aspect to the scent; that's actually most the most prominent note in the imp and wet. As it settles, though, the apple starts to peek out a bit.

On me, this is cookie > caramel > apple, which I wasn't really the balance I was hoping for. I'm a big fan of apple scents, but the lab's cookie notes tend to not work for me and either be too spiced or too buttery.

This actually reminds me a bit of my bottle of Chaos Theory IV, which I've described as "apple blossom muffins." This however is primarily chewy, brown sugar cookies with a dollop of caramel and an apple hiding in the background. I definitely prefer Creepy for caramel apple scents, although that one didn't work on my skin either. :(

Caramel, cookies, and a wee touch of apple. This is the most caramel scent ever. Brown sugar and caramel. You know you love it. Good throw and wear length.

I am not a foody scent person, but I love this!

It was a bit iffy at first, as baking caramel cookies mixed with apple bubble bath. The apple-scented bath product eventually faded down and a slight bitterness came out, almost as if the cookie was slightly overdone. This is how it finished, a slightly overdone chewy caramel cookie with a hint of apple. The almost burnt note (brown sugar as others have mentioned?) is in no way a bad thing, I think it helps to stop this being too sickly sweet.

This needs to be layered with a good apple scent to make it even more delicious!

Apple scents almost never last on me but I have trouble saying no to trying any foody blends so I got a decant of this.

In the decant: Sweet apple! This is what I would call the "red apple" note, very sweet. (Think BBW Winter Candy Apple.) I can smell some caramel too. I don't really smell the usual buttery cookie note in the decant, but this is definitely a caramel coated red apple!

On my skin: Still getting a mix of the apple and caramel. The apple smells a bit less "red" now, there's a bit of freshness that I associate more with a green apple. The apple here smells raw, not cooked like in apple pie. Sometimes I find that caramel smells kind of stale or burnt on me but it's not doing that here! Because making my own caramel is more fussy than my usual cooking limits I usually just buy a tub of caramel sauce from the grocery store and dip apple slices in it. This is making me think of doing that. I'm still not getting a cookie note, though.

Dry, it smells a bit more spiced. I wanted a bit of vanilla/butter with the "cookie" aspect that I'm not really getting here, but it still smells really good and is one of the more successful apple scents I've tried. The apple doesn't disappear immediately. Years ago I had a bottle of Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple and my skin just ate it up. This is closer to what I was hoping for from that blend.

After a while (20 minutes maybe?) I am starting to get a bit of the cookie note, but still pretty faint compared to something like the definite baked goods smell of Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Overall verdict is this is great for the caramel apple part but not so good if you were hoping for more cookie. (Though some other reviewers mentioned more cookie, so maybe it's chemistry-dependent).

Edited by sunlitgarden

In the decant: Brown sugar cookies with chunks of cinnamon-covered green apple drizzled with caramel.

Wet: I get the cinnamon-covered green apples first, and then the brown sugar cookie base and caramel. I was worried that this would be too caramel-y for me (I only like the note in small amounts), but fortunately, it hasn’t taken over the other notes (at least, not yet).

Dry: Alas, I spoke too soon! The caramel note has become a lot stronger, and this scent has some serious throw! The cinnamon-y green apples are not as prominent as they were before, and I am getting more of the brown sugar cookie and caramel.

After a while, the scent ends up calming down, and it ends up being a brown sugar cookie with some caramel and a bit of apple, with the brown sugar being the most prominent part of the scent on me. The brown sugar is really nice.

Verdict: Although I like the scent after it has been on my skin for a while, the caramel ended up being too much for me for a few hours. It does smell delicious, though -- it’s a cookie I’d really like to eat… I am just not sure I want to smell like it! :)

In bottle: This is a softer sweeter version of apple.  The apple is dominant, but the brown sugar cookies are strong and blend well with the caramel and cinnamon. Wet: Deliciously rich on my skin.  The apple is crisper, the cookie richer and more complex.  Beautifully blended, very Autumn carnival.  Dry:

I get sharp, ripe apples, perhaps getting sliced and diced to be baked into cookies, but not yet baked. The ingredients are assembled - butter, brown sugar, oats. For bakers, this is the love of baking...the process, the time spent in a cozy kitchen, as pleasurable as the end result.

Wet: Sweet apples and brown sugar. The apple smells a bit.. perfume-y to me, if that makes sense? 

Dry:  Caramel apple cookie? Nay. Warm apple crumble? Yay! That perfume-y-ness from the wet stage is gone; I'm left with warm, sweet apples, and a crumble with some cinnamon. (For those with sensitive skin - my skin is sensitive as well, and I didn't have any issues wearing this.)

As a foodie scent lover, I like this, but it's not love; especially since I'm missing the caramel and cookie components. For a yummy cookie scent, I prefer Butter Rum Cookie or Sugar Cookie!

Probably my favorite of the Halloweenies so far! I kinda went back and forth on this one, then Herbs and Altars posted her glowing review on Youtube and she was right! A lot of apple scents tend to go plasticy and off on my skin, but this works very well and is up there with Glittering Apple of The Stars as one of my favorite lab apple blends. I do get caramel, apple, and somewhat of a cookie note (especially in the opening), but I think it is more brown sugary with a lot of depth. Its sweet and dark in a way and very fall. I like it better than most of my pumpkin scents, actually! It has decent longevity on the skin as well. Glad to have a bottle! :cookie:

This smells just like fresh baked brown sugar cookies with chunks of apple. I could smell the brown sugar and butter melting together and browning and getting that caramel smell. It was mouthwatering and amazing. I could put it in a locket and smell it all day. 

I don't get nearly as much nuance as some of the other reviewers. It's sweet, caramel apple, leaning heavier on the apple. It briefly goes into the candle zone, but I think that's going to depend on people's chemistry. I think the caramel brings it back to more foodie smelling on me. There's a subtle hint of plasticky during drydown, which happens with my chemistry with some of the lab's vanillas, but luckily it goes away. Sweet apples, what else can I say?