Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith at the window, waiting for her father. Raindrops and asphalt, lavender, pale musk, and white oudh.

In the bottle: Lavender-touched rain. This is VERY subtle and you have to get close and take a big old sniff to really get a sense of the fragrance.

On the skin: This turns exquisite pretty quickly. Lavender-touched rain is still accurate, but you can almost feel the rain on the asphalt on a warm day. The lavender extends a sort of wistfulness to the blend, while the musk softens the rain out so gently that it sort of breaks your heart. Imagine rain falling on hot pavement scattered with lavender petals. That's kind of it, but better.

I'm reminded a lot of a more lavender-y Bly. This starts off with a very nice, smooth lavender, definitely not terribly herbal or anything, probably offset by the white / pale musks. The drydown is a soft rain-lashed asphalt, very much like Bly with that quiet concrete grayness, mist, and it smells kind of like... rainstorms... the smell of the road afterward.

Yes, I totally go outside after a rainstorm in Denver to smell the earth.

Waiting is beyond lovely. Lavender and mist. Adore.

I do not get a strong sense of the asphalt note, although it's an interesting reference point for the scent. I think the light musk and oud ground Waiting in a sort of gray, concrete, urban way, but I don't smell asphalt, per se.

This is so incredibly gorgeous. It almost has a House of Mirros atmo vibe but with lavender and a bit more subdued. It's a gorgeous etheral, glistening yet mellow lavender.

Cool, smooth lavender with a touch of what I think is powdery, frosty white musk. The rain gives it a clean edge.
A clean, cool, spa-like lavender scent. I don't smell the oudh or asphalt at all.

Waiting is a beautiful aquatic. It smells like clean fresh rain with a hint of herbal lavender. I'm not really big on aquatics but this one is really nice.

Wet: Salty rain! Then lavender comes in to play.

Drying down: It's not quite so salty on the drydown. A sweetness comes forward, kind of a marshmallowy scent like in TKO. There a resin-y backdrop which I think is the oudh. I don't think I smell any asphalt.

Dry: There is the asphalt! It's not a dirty asphalt, but I am smelling it. This is a nice clean scent.

Even later: Really beautiful. The lavender has disappeared, and it is a fresh, poignant, and thoughtful scent.

So I think that Lilith Victoria, Capax Infiniti, The Serpentine, and Waiting tell a great story, with the uniting Lavender note. Especially the last two- it's like Waiting is Lilith waiting for Puddin' and feeling melancholy, and then The Serpentine is the scent when they are united again and happy and it's sunny outside again.

Edited by mollison

I'm a lavender fiend, but was afraid of the asphalt note, which didn't work for me in Summer Phoenix or Phoenix in Summer, can't remember:). No need to worry, this is a beautiful blend, and the asphalt (which is more like stone to me) melds nicely with the lavender. Think Night's Bridge with lavender. I really like this, it's a warmer weather lavender to me, but definitely wearing it tonight!

Cool lavender mist. I get wispy lavender and a touch of ozone and oudh. It's a soft skin scent with decent throw.

This is in a similar vein to Good Morning London. It's a cool, more wintery scent which I have noticed among all the Liliths inspired by the family's time in England. (What Mollison says about the Liliths telling a story is spot on!) The raindrops and asphalt give it an ozone quality that the fruitiness of the oudh keeps from going soapy like I found with Good Morning London.

Waiting, on my skin, is primarily lavender and a powdery white musk. Secondary to those, I get a sense of cold, wet, dark rock and the lab's oudh, which always makes me think of words like "welcoming" and "solid." The lab's oudh reminds me of a comfortable living room.

I like most of this. I would really love this if it didn't feel like it's coating my nose and upper throat with fine white powder whenever I inhale from it.

Luckily, the worst of the powder puff comes up front. Once this dries, the powder takes a back seat (still in the mix, but no longer aggressive). I absolutely love the cold, wet rock plus oudh's dark solidity at this stage, which comes forward, with poignancy from the lavender.

I've been running this in my car diffuser, too. It was perhaps a weird choice for a room scent, but I've enjoyed it, other than the powder.

In the bottle: Strongly lavender but backed by a high white musk

On the skin: This starts as pretty much straight lavender with a greyness to the background. In no way is it bright. It doesn't take long for the asphalt (more like rain wet concrete) to emerge as part of the lavender rather than a separate element. This is never spiky and I credit the oudh in the mix acting to round out the blend. I agree that this is a melancholy scent and would be perfect to wallow in on a gloomy day.

The Drydown: This softens dramatically on the drydown to become a close to the skin soft and slightly sweet lavender, remaining grey, cosy and intimate. It is one to share with hugs with loved ones rather than with a room full of strangers.

In the bottle: Sharp lavender and white musk.

Wet: Lavender, white musk. fresh water. Clean and cold. A little sharp still.

Dry: The lavender has softened, and there is just a touch of clean musk. I definitely smell asphalt but it's not overwhelming. The oudh gives it more depth.

Overall: I am learning to love lavender again (too much generic, sharp lavender in bath products and such left a bad taste in my mouth). It was too sharp in the bottle for me but even though it does not sweeten, the sharpness is softened enough to be wearable. It reminds me of the many gray, rainy days of Seattle and can see myself wearing this a lot.

A gorgeous lavender blend. "Wistful" is a good way to describe it, as whitewhale said. It's a little soapy, but in a pleasant way - very clean and natural. Like lavender mixed with a rain-scented candle. One of the few aquatics that I love!

First Sniff Impression: Light, aquatic lavender

Wet in Vial: A cooler lavender, probably from the white musk. The raindrops and wet asphalt come across as an aquatic note.

Drying Down on Skin: Right off this is a more pleasant lavender than some of the Liliths I've smelled. I think it needs a light musk or vanilla to cut it, so it works in this blend. The cooler notes become more prominent quickly, making me go from "Wow, I should see how much a bottle of this costs" to "Maybe I'll hold off ..." I like it, but it's almost a tad too cool.

Dry on Skin: The aquatic notes in this faded fully dry, but so did a lot of the lavender. A sweet floral was left behind. Pretty, but not really very exciting, and I don't think worth a whole bottle.

Conclusion: The bottle art on this one is really pretty, so if I come across a mostly empty bottle I might pick it up to empty my decant into, but I was a little disappointed with this scent. I wish it had stayed more the way it was directly upon application.

In the bottle: Very clean smelling. It's a very clean, aquatic, lavender scent.

Wet: The lavender is more prominent on my skin than it is in the bottle. It's soft. I'm getting the lavender, white musk, and the aquatic note. Then it starts to smell slightly salty, and it starts to smell cleaner on my skin. It's almost soapy or like dryer sheet on me.

Dry: It's calmed down again. The soap factor has gone away. The white oudh has added some warmth to it, and the lavender note has reemerged.

Verdict: I am not an aquatic lover, but I was very curious about the raindrop and asphalt notes with the lavender. I don't like the phase in which it delves into soapy territory on me, but I enjoy the other phases of the scent, so I'll be holding onto my bottle and keeping it as a bedtime scent.

ETA: This has become one of my bedtime favorites. :heart: I find the lavender, asphalt, and rain notes to be somewhat melancholy, yet comforting. I prefer it to Lavender, Sea Salt, and Rain, because this one isn't salty and allows the rain note to come through more.

Edited by doomsday_disco

The Lilith lavender scents are my favourite bedtime scents. I don't know why I thought I didn't need to try this when it came out.

Wet: Beautiful! Lavender, and clean rain. This is one of the only "aquatic" scents I have ever smelled that somehow actually smells like water! The lavender is very prominent, and there is a huge "clean" aspect - more like laundry than soap. It's beautiful, totally perfect for slipping between clean sheets and snuggling up. It would make a great rainy day scent too.

Dry: This is so lovely. Musk, lavender, hints of rain and asphalt, which is a note I have come to LOVE. It loses the laundry aspect, but still has a clean vibe. I love it, and will thoroughly enjoy wearing it to bed, or when I need comfort.

In the bottle this is a strong, sweet lavender with a touch of light musk.

On, in early dry down I am the oudh and asphalt and can only smell the lavender up close. It gives a cologney vibe to me in the sillage (which is not insubstantial, I can smell it faintly with my arms at my sides.)

Late dry down this is a rain touched nice sweetish lavender with only hints of the musk, oudh and asphalt. As usual a very gentle, atmosperic and lovely scent. Worth having a back up bottle.

Sharp lavender, screechy white musk, and ozone? A clean, soapy aquatic note. All together, it gives me a headache. So sad!

It's a clean and pale lavender, not astringent, but very delicate and smooth. It's not a soapy or aquatic, but more like a memory of freshly soaped skin. A very good option for an office scent.

Good lord, this is beautiful.

I got a massive haul of decants and imps from a longtime collector, and so far I've been having bad luck with musks, oudh, and "rain" notes, so when I pulled this out I wasn't sure I should try it. Now I'm enveloped in a gorgeous lavender storm cloud. The Lilith lavenders are some of the softest and most wearable I've ever tried.

Was dying to try this after loving the 2020 Liliths scent of the same name, even though they couldn't be more different. Started off with a harsh asphalt and lavender note, and I believe it's the oudh that makes this super perfumey initially. It didn't really smell rain like until well after drying as the lavender and asphalt soften while the musk gets stronger. I didn't get the hype until about an hour in now that it's soft and less harsh. I agree that this would be a lovely and calming sleep note, if you put it on about an hour before bed in my case. 

I think I'll be alright with this decant, but glad I tried it.