Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I believe that its important to commemorate important, pivotal moments in a childs life, and 17 October 2015 marks the first time Lilith really experienced Doctor Who. The episode was the Girl Who Died, and we watched it in a hotel room in Seattle. Lilith has given many other Doctors a spin since that day, but by far her favorite is the Twelfth. This is the scent of room service vanilla ice cream and leftover cake with a little bit of banana.

When you sniff the bottle it's delicious sweet banana. On the skin I get banana pudding with vanilla ice cream! It's sooooo good! In the throw there's definitely cake too! I love this! It's so yummy!! :wub2:

In The Bottle: I think this is the banana scent of my dreams.

Wet On Skin: Yummy banana candy (were you a fan of banana Laffy Taffy as a kid? Because THIS is IT) and yummy, yummy vanilla ice-cream.

Dry Down: The banana fades slightly on dry down, but it's okay because this is the most incredible cake-cream-banana concoction of ALL TIME.

I WANT TO CHEW MY ARM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opens with banana. I'm not even a big fan of banana, but there's something so charmingly cheerful and Laffy Taffyish about the Lab's banana, I can't help but love it. Banana and a whiff of vanilla, and my mind immediately goes to 'A Stroll Through the Quarter', which is one of my favorite BPALs of all time. Then it goes Lab-cakey -- you all know what I mean -- and I'm out of the Quarter and into yellow layer cake land. About 2 hours in, it's cheesecake. Or at least cream cheese frosting. It's original Beaver Moon, but quieter; vanilla with just a little of that cream cheese tang that the Beth does so well. I can't tell if it's fading into vanilla ice cream of if I've just lost perspective because I've been huffing myself so hard. Regardless, this is absolutely delicious. I was on the fence about buying this one, because I was caught up in some of the flashier fruit-explosion blends, but it has absolutely knocked my socks off with its amazingness.

This...this is everything I love in BPAL. I want to slather my entire body in it and then lick myself.

I smell banana at first, strong in my face.

Then, this cream smell comes to the surface with a buttery cake scent. Every time I move I smell me....and I smell amazing. It has exceptional throw too. I NEED MORE!

Years and years ago, when I first got into perfume in a serious way, I never would have ever believed that I would want to own or wear any sort of banana perfume. Splatter Comedy changed my mind about that and so did A Stroll Through The Quarter and Banana Cream Pie. Banana as a note is wonderfully sweet and playful and I really like it now. So there was no way I wasn't going to order The Twelth.

Upon first sniff and first wear, I know it's going to be my new favourite banana blend. It's just beautiful and so yummy. Imagine a banana-flavoured ice cream cake and you've got it in one. Sponge cake, vanilla, cream and banana.

10/10

At first it was a giant fake banana screaming in my face and it scared me. But I shouldn't have feared the banana. The banana does a disappearing act and leaves the vanilla ice cream. It's a tiny bit plasticky but Detestable Putrescence does the same thing on my skin.

Honestly, I have no idea why I needed to try this, I don't love banana and don't find myself reaching much for gourmands anymore, but something about this just called to me and I had to get a decant.

Wet: Yep, banana candy. Ick. But from my experience with Sloth, that may burn off. And there is something lovely happening underneath - creamy vanilla goodness, plus....spice cake? Mmm! The throw from this is delightful and actually smells just like a banana split. Nose to skin though, this is turning into a hot mess. The cake is going stale and dusty smelling, the vanilla turning buttery. Blarg

Dry: Vague dusty sweetness. :( Not for me!

Banana laffy taffy and chilled whipped cream. This reminds me very much of Splatter Comedy, which was previously my favorite of bpal's banana scents. The only difference is that instead of the hint of metal from Splatter Comedy, there's a hint of warm cake in this one and something like salted caramel.

I didn't like the musky, dry banana scent in Banana Cream Pie, but this is creamy and delicious.

Banana Laffy Taffy, lots of chilled whipped cream, and hints of warm cake and buttery, salted caramel. Yum.

Wet: Creamy banana! This is a fun banana.

Dry: the banana goes away completely, and now it is vanilla and cake.

This is a fun, comforting, and simple scent.

A blast of banana candy and yellow cake quickly turns to almost a SN Vanilla with bananas and sweet cream.

So cute!

Banana, ice cream, yellow cake and something that smells borderline spicy. It's so fun and lighthearted and I don't own a lot of banana scents in my collection but this one is probably bottle worthy.

In the bottle: BANANA CANDY, MOTHERTRUCKERS!

Wet, on the skin: Still super sweet banana, but more creamy, like banana pudding, with the cake note starting to peek through.

Dry down: Slightly stale yellow cake with just a whiff of creamy banana.

I like it, but the Lab cake note has the tendency to go slightly dusty on my skin. I had to at least get a decant though, as I am a huge Doctor Who fan, and I have such wonderful memories of sharing Doctor Who with my son that this was catnip for me. I don't think it's a bottle buy for me, though it is fun and I will definitely keep and enjoy the decant I got.

Vanilla plastic and a whiff of banana. The cream note in this blend doesn't work for my skin chemistry. Foodie. Good throw and wear length though.

I am so sad, this ends up smelling nothing like it does in the bottle, which is all foam banana sweets and cheap vanilla ice-cream. On, the cake note comes out, the banana fades back, and then as zankoku_zen said, it goes to vanilla plastic. Really disappointed, it smelled so fun in the bottle :(

Oh god this is 100% nilla banana pudding.

I got nothing else. That's it. 100%. I mean I can get fancy and start to just smell segments and pick the scent apart - but overall it's nilla banana pudding. You know, those nilla wafers? Banana pudding. Yup. It has an element of "fake" to it, but not any more fake than nilla wafers are :lol:

Drydown tames the banana but I've still got nilla wafers. Some other reviews called it stale cake. I mean - Yeah. I guess nilla wafers are inherently stale, aren't they?

Unique scent. I traded for a bottle for funsies, but might decant some imps out for trade and keep a handful. Fun foodie/gourmand scent.

In the decant: The Lab's banana note (which reminds me of banana Laffy Taffy), cake (which I think may be yellow cake), and vanilla ice cream.

Wet: I'm getting the banana and the cake, followed by the vanilla ice cream. The cake note is stronger on me than it was in the decant, and I'm still thinking it may be yellow cake. Then, the vanilla ice cream note becomes stronger, so that it's mostly cake and vanilla ice cream with a bit of banana.

Dry: The vanilla ice cream note is even stronger than it was before (it's now the dominant note), and it reminds me of the vanilla ice cream of Detestable Putrescence when I first got a bottle. I am still getting a lot of cake, while the banana note remains faint before disappearing completely. I can see the banana pudding/Nilla wafer association while it lasts, though!

Verdict: I had originally intended to get a bottle of this back in 2016, but there were so many lavender scents that called to me that year (some of which I needed multiple bottles of), as well as Outlaw, with its sassafras, so this one didn't end up making the cut. I am thrilled that I was frimped a decant of this (thanks, Aveya! :D ), as it is a lovely vanilla ice cream and cake scent. I will cherish my decant.

Edited by dementia_divine

I only got this today but had to try it because I haven't really had a special gourmand in a long time.

So, wet this is screaming fake banana - but I don't mind that it's a bit loud and yellow and artificial.

It quickly disappears actually and fades into a banana ice cream and then into pure vanilla ice cream - rich, buttery, melty.

It's a tad bit artificial but not like plastic - although I have to say that I never have this side effect with vanilla notes on my skin anyway.

My skin just eats it up. Poof. Gets weaker within minutes, only lasts about 1-2 hours.

BUT! There is joy in that. Joy in sitting at home in my cream banana hoodie and my khaki leopard leggings, painting my toe nails, watching true crime documentaries and smelling like crazy banana for a while. It's as much fun as eating a fizzy piece of candy - enjoying the flavour for a moment, then getting busy with something else.

This is a blend I can imagine wearing when I'm hanging out in front of my computer and just want to feel cozy and girly - especially since my partner loves vanilla and can easily snuggle up to me later.

Such a stunner, probably the best banana scent of BPAL! The banana is super strong when wet, but it does fade away pretty quickly. That's kinda typical with bananas on me so I'm not too surprised. I don't get any ice cream really, but I definitely get a good strong vanilla. The vanilla in this reminds me way more of banana pudding than cake. 

Try layering this with Banana Bread if you want a beautiful banana bread and pudding combo. Heavenly. :angel: I think this would work well with Fruit Moon 2020 too!