Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Great Python Snake

This past March, Lilith played Kaa in a small kids’ production of the Jungle Book. The image here is from a test photo we took of her snakey makeup!

Lilith says that Kaa smells like the jungle, so for her and for the Great Python Snake, I’ve bottled an impenetrable canopy of thick, vine-draped trees, primeval flowers blooming in the shadows, and dark, wet earth that has not been touched by sunlight in a millennia.

Wet from the bottle, this is not a very 'dirty' scent. I get a little bit of moisture, like a hint of aquatic, but mostly very green viney waxy leaves. On the skin immediately there's a pretty good stemmy / leafy scent kind of like broken dandelion tubes, but without as much milkiness. If there is dirt, it's very silty, more like a muddy type of scent, akin to the Season of the Inundation rather than, like, uh, Badger, or the Down the Rabbit Hole Atmosphere spray. On me, there's even a kind of... birchy, aspen-y type of note, but I'm very surprised by how very uniform the scent is. It reads definitely as 'canopy, green, thick.' I think probably there's a kiss of orchid but it's not very prominent.

This is a remarkable atmosphere scent. On me, too, it's a very unique green, subtle but evocative aroma. I think I could get away with wearing this at work!

Interesting.

I get notes of deep greenery, but this other note that I can only identify as...steamy. And it's also a little sweet, like there's a touch of green baby powder.

Did you know baby powder is an aphrodisiac for women, and also for some men? I hear it's because it's a clean, nostalgic scent that puts people at ease.

So honestly, you know Poison Ivy from Batman comics? This is her perfume: earthy, green, exotic, and very sultry.

A+ :wub3: :wub3: :wub3: :wub3:

Edited by marilyn eyre

The Great Python Snake (Motherhood 2016/Liliths 2016)

Straight from the Lab, so not aged; allowed to sit for a few hours. Tried on right inner elbow.

In the bottle:

Green and kind of spicy.

On, wet:

Still green and spicy, very much like fresh greenery.

Drying:

...there are animals in this jungle! And now they’re peeing. In the jungle. As they do. And they’re wearing lemony-smelling flowers...tropical blooms? Wow, this is a weird one!

After 20 minutes:

Still getting a sort of lemon-pee impression. Not much greenery now.

Overall impressions:

It’s not *bad*, just strange...and I’m not disliking it. It might end up being a room scent, which is what I got it for. I need to see how it ages.

ETA: Just to clarify, the pee note went away after a while, but I can't describe the scent now.

Jo

Edited by RaasAlHayya

For me, starts out sweet and floral with a definite earthy note, and a hint of something a little woody and spicy (ginger, maybe?). Dries down to what I'm fairly certain is vetiver - a masculine dark green note.

Starts off smelling like a dark, sharp men's cologne. Smoky black musk, aquatic cologne, damp wood. As it dries down, it starts to smell of blackened woods and spices to me. Actually, it is reminding me a lot of 'Lovers with Rutting Cats,' which had notes of 'vanilla, red ginger, oakmoss, palm date and out.' Spice, chalky vanilla sweetness, dry wood, and hints of smoky men's cologne and dark musk. I also keep catching whiffs of something aquatic.

Smoky, dark, cologne-like.

Big lemony florals, reminding me of Devil's Trumpet SN. There are some dark green tropical leaves like those in Isle of Demons and maybe black musk? This is a warm, close, sweet scent. Very sultry.

Maybe good for winter if you want to pretend to be in a sweltering jungle or hothouse. Rawr.

Edit: on drydown becomes more intensely green and dark. It's not a pine or other conifer but it has that feel to it. There may be patchouli somewhere.

Edited by patina

I was nervous about the dirt note, but I quite like it. There is a dark earth here that smells newly wet, and lovely, instead of like a long-term dampness grown through with greenery rot. But that's not the strongest note.

The strongest first smells on me are green and tropical fruity flowers. The fruit notes smell like lemons and a little something a bit like melons. This mingles with what might be some sort of orchid -- but I've smelled more than a dozen orchid cultivars in person, and each one smelled different, so the range of what can represent "orchid" seems as vast as the jungle. I'm not familiar with the lab's orchid notes.

There's also prominent humid greenery and musk. I think it's black musk, especially with the blend's dark and lemony tones.

As Python dries, it grows a bit of a spicy woody note on my skin. That part of the blend reminds me a bit of Demeter's Black Bamboo.

I like this. It's a good stop in my journey to find a favorite jungle scent.

Jungle greens, wet dirt and a touch of black musky wood. It smells like a jungle. Dark, damp, and sort of elemental. Medium throw and wear length. I was surprised at how masculine this actually came out on my skin. Good throw and wear length.