Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
vanilla323

The Devil Will Find Work for Idle Hands

Let’s be real: I just wanted an excuse to make a scent inspired by this photo. Lilith and I have incredibly similar senses of humor, full of fart jokes and gross outs and vulgarity. I love her belly laugh, I love how weird and surreal she is. I love that her jokes fall in a strange void somewhere between Harpo Marx, Deadpool, and Andy Kaufman with a huge helping of knock knock jokes that make no sense at all.

I love that she and I laugh at so many of the same things, and I love that she and I sometimes laugh together until we’re crying and cramping.

This scent is a ridiculous mélange of blue cotton candy, strawberry marshmallows, and whipped cream with sprinkles.

This scent was mostly a sweet strawberry candy scent on me. In the dry down a little of the marshmallow came out and I definitely get whiffs of cotton candy too. No sprinkles really. It had light throw and not much staying power.

In the bottle: Strawberry cotton candy marshmallows.

On the skin: Almost like red licorice - a big bag of Twizzlers. It's definitely berry sugar candy, and the whipped cream leaves a very slight creamy topping. No sprinkles and no cotton candy and sadly fades a bit quickly.

I blind bought two bottles of this unsniffed. Beth had me at cotton candy and marshmallows - two of my favourite notes - and the cream and sprinkles just tipped me over the edge. Also, the label. How adorable?!

In the bottle it's quite faint but blatantly sweet. Wet on my wrist it's everything I hoped for all at once - fluffy marshmallows with their sugary exterior, blue cotton candy, decadent whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. It's a highly superior candy perfume to anything I have ever smelt or worn before.

Two bottles miiiiight not be enough.

OMG this is beautiful. Oh so sweet, without going wonky bitter or plastic. Er, I got a little on my lips~really, I wasn't trying to eat myself :P Oh glory, I'm getting the perfect blue cotton candy note COTTON CANDY and it's real! I get NO FAKE artificial sugar back. This is exquisitely sweet and lightly creamy. I really want to smash my heart eyes and face into a swirling circle of spun sugar goodness~need to fan myself and finish this review.
Definitely not for me, but I'm grabbing a bottle for my sweet sixteen year old daughter. She is CRAZY for this delicious Devil~
:neener:

Edited by Jenjin

Blue, cotton candy, strawberries, and whipped cream are some of my favorite things, so of course I had to try The Devil Will Find Work For Idle Hands. It makes me think of blue raspberry Air Heads, even though I don't know I'd say it smells like them (???); it just has that feeling of fruity SUGAR!!! and you know how Air Heads have a sort of weird granulated texture - like the sugar crystals didn't fully melt and combine and are just barely held together by Plasticine cornsyrup goo? That's this scent. In a good way.

And then there's a bit of a second layer, later, when it's calmed down. Initially, I thought it smelled like the apples-and-cream of Agape, but it's more aggressive than that--blue raspberry-and-cream maybe, like the vanilla soft-serve that comes with the flavored syrup swirled in, or sugared strawberries with cream. I want to drink it. :umm: Ultimately, though, it's a absolutely delicious, bright but not overloud fruity-sugar scent.

I intended to give a bottle to my daughter, but I think I might keep them both. :lol:

This reminds me of a candy that I cannot really place, as I don't really eat much candy anymore (boo adulthood). It also reminds me of strawberry scented shampoo, even though it's not really soapy. It's bright, tart, realistic strawberry with a clean edge to it. And some sort of sour, powdery candy, kind of like pixie stix powder... but not quite.
As it dries down, this smells a lot like my most favorite bpal EVER - White Chocolate & Strawberry. Realistic, tart strawberry and creamy sweetness. This just has something like pixie stix powder sprinkled over it as well.
Another love for me from this year's Lilith blends ^_^
Real strawberries, whipped cream and hints of powdery, sour candy.
I want backup bottles of so many of these...

Wet, I get the dreaded plastic-y fake-strawberry note of a Strawberry Shortcake doll. As this dries on my skin, however, it mellows out into a nice strawberry cream, with a dollop of chunky sugar that must be the cotton candy. It's a soft scent that sticks close to the skin.

Strawberry candy and cream, with extra sugar crystals on top. I like this, but it reminds me a lot of last year's Battle Fairy in Training only a little more straightforward. They share a spun sugar note, but I find the strawberry note in this one a bit different, less round and fruity and more creamy candy.

Very bright and airy, fairly low throw and staying power.

I agree with the comment above--this reminds me of Battle Fairy in Training, except with a "red" rather than "blue" note. Strawberry cream, very light, low throw.

Strawberry cream cotton candy. This one is sweet and sugary. I'm actually fascinated because typically cream notes go to plastic on me. Not this one. Medium throw and wear length.

If you like cavity inducing scents, this one is for you.

This is so great in the bottle and initially on my skin - that sparkley strawberry smell with cotton candy underpinnings, bright and sweet. But several of the notes in this are iffy on me - strawberry, though I love it and keep trying, and cream, which I also want to have success with but tend to turn a bit flat and strange. Those things happened here, sadly, and it just doesn't work. But, if these are notes you do well with, you will adore this. I am tempted to keep it based on the bottle photo alone, buuuut many scents call to me...

Strawberry whipped cream type candy in bottle! Smells like a strawberry taffy.

On skin, the strawberry is very creamy and tart! Except, this strawberry goes instantly flat on my skin, and kind of dusty, like a pale marshmallow scent. I want to keep it to see what happens, since this is my first candy scent, but so far on me it only lasts about three minutes before the flattening.

ETA: This has become an AWESOME scent! Why can't I just wait before I make a review? This is soooo cute, mallowy, strawberry...I love it! It's got good throw now, and it's awesome! I read once on this forum about 'doubledipping...' where scents become better or more acquainted with your skin the more you put it on (maybe it is just in our heads...) but this is one of those scents to me. LOVE.

Edited by Bassmastadroog

This smelled so sweet and lovely right off the bat! Wet, and for an hour or so, it smelled nice and candy-like. There was definitely a blue raspberry sort of thing with it, a bit marshmallowy, just generally nice. I love sweet, candy, sugary scents so I was pretty pleased!

It smelled a bit artificial as well, but still pleasant and not plasticky.

But after about an hour it's all but disappeared :( (so far all the other bpal scents I have tried have lingered on my skin smelling fairly similar to when they were first applied, for at least 4 or 5 hours! So this was an unwelcome surprise)

There's still scent there, but nothing of the candy goodness that it was at first.

it smells delicate and powdery (I can not stand powdery scents and do my best to avoid them), with just the tiniest little edge of some sort of vanilla or slightly sweet scent. Not much, though. It's mostly powder :(

Man I want this so badly to work but on me it goes blue raspberry blow pop. Not really any strawberry marshmallow cotton candy or sprinkles :( alas. Maybe. A hint of the strawberry marshmallow. But really mostly the blue raspberry. May be destined for swaps.

Whoa, that is some strawberry candy! The blue cotton candy and marshmallow just add more sweetness (and a bit of creaminess, in the case with the marshmallow). Sadly, something in this is somewhat plastic-y on me. Not sure if it is the strawberry or the sprinkles. I also get what Deceitfuldescender says about this having a blue raspberry blow pop vibe.

I'm not big on strawberry, but those that are into that note and candy scents should check this one out. Alas, it is not for me, but it was fun to get to try it.