Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith is already better at knitting than I am. A few weeks ago, we went to a knitting clinic together just to brush up a bit on our skills. Everything the instructor showed her she took to immediately. I, on the other hand, had a bit more trouble. Actually, a lot more trouble. Arachne, I am not. Going to that class with her was amazingly fun, and watching her create brings me unbelievable amounts of delight. This scent is inspired by the colors of the yarns she chose that day: raspberry pink, cherry red, sky blue, and lime green, all swirled with frankincense, black oudh, mallow root, and sweet wooly vanilla husk.

In the bottle: This is incredibly fruity in the bottle, sweet and sugary, almost like Skittles (not unlike Bitches Love Unicorns in that way). The mallow root gives a bit of creaminess while the frankincense and oudh.

On the skin: The frankincense, oudh and vanilla husk are at the forefront here. It gives the fruit a sharpness, but not an overwhelming one. That original candy sweetness disappears pretty much right away and becomes a spicy, vaguely warmer blend, in a way. However, it does reappear shortly after. It really does make me think of wet yarn and wooden spinning wheels. Very peaceful scent. Edited by whitewhale

Fruity top, as to be expected from the notes, predominantly citrus, lemony for me, but I can appreciate the red fruits and lime too.

Drying this becomes woolly like the wool in Stekkastaurjar or Sticky Pillowcase or the more recent Unicorn and Ram. There's mallow in here too. A less sweet Stekkastaurjar with fruit!

Later on the frankincense makes an appearance with the slight Lemon vibe recurring or maybe thats from the Frank itself.

Vanilla husk is evident on the later drydown, it's sweet, woolly, with a meld of mallow, frankincense, Vanilla and the fabric note. Maybe a hint of musk? No spice for me, just soft and fluffy with sweet. The vanilla isn't foody or buttery/custard like, it's husk of the flower, dry.

This is woolly and snuggly and a little bit sweet but nothing over the top. It's a close skin scent but I want to keep huffing it, it's compulsory.

In summation, it nails the concept accurately and reminded me of a Sticky Pillowcase with fruits instead of candy. I'm hoping aging gives it some sillage but I will happily keep and utilize the bottle.

Edited by sprout

In the bottle and on my skin at first, this reminded me of Treat #1. Fruity candy with glittering, sour sugar crystals on it. The bright, sweet, fun notes fade pretty quickly, though, and just add a hint of sweet cherry/berry candy underneath lots of 'wooly vanilla husk.' It really does smell like soft, wooly yarn, very fuzzy, warm and dry, with a dry, clean, delicately sweet vanilla muskiness. Makes me think of clean laundry and vanilla musk with a hint of cherry gummi candies. Airy and clean with a nice sweetness.

^Those reviews are so thoughtful and detailed. They make me embarrassed to say that Texare, on me, pretty much smells like Sour Patch Kids. There's a nice base of mallow if I reeeeeally huff for it, and I think that keeps the scent from burning off right away because this thing sticks around!

The mallow and oudh combo is what I get the most in the imp, Fluffy but not sugared. It's the same mallow oudh I get out of Libra 2016. I get just a touch of "cherry red". Just the slightest bit of cherry candy.

Wet I get a candy explosion. But as it settles I get soft fruit over mallow and oudh and then...

Fruit scented erasers of my childhood. I will give this another shot later because I was SO interested in the concept, despite my general disinterest in fruity scents.

ETA: Now it's fruity-mallowy-oudh again!

Edited by roseus

Fruity with a sexy, sultry base that I'm guess is the frankincense and black oudh. I love this!

It's a gorgeous, grounded, extremely feminine and very wearable.

The mallow gives it a cottony, wooly finish that is so cozy and snuggly without going soapy.

I'm so glad I blind bottled this one. It's such a fresh, creamy rainbow scent that goes a bit pink musk on me which is very unusual and rare in my collection. One of my favorite Lilith's so far this year. :heart:

Edited by Jenjin

Wet, it reminds me a lot of Bilquis for some reason.

At first, there is a tension between the sweet candy-like fruits, and the dry textile/wool note. I don't think cardamom pods are involved, but something in it reminds me of that sour/bitter/spicy combination.

As Texare dries it resolved to a soft musk with fruit to brighten it. Nice.

Sweet candy fruit (definitely get raspberry and cherry), and a touch of frankincense and wool. It sort of reminds me to Sticky Pillowcase, but with wool as opposed to the cotton linen note. Low throw, good wear length.

This reminds me a bit of Edith Cushing from the get-go! Mostly thanks to the vanilla accompanied by those very bright fruity notes. And then, there's that wool note... which I hadn't sniffed before. How to describe this.

Like a favourite childhood plushie, perhaps? Without "my own" in it... that kinda old, fuzzy, dusty fabric thang.

The hyperfizzyness doesn't last long on my skin and merges more with the rest and now it's more oudh then anything.

Nice, and a little odd. :P

Edited by Cali

In the decant, I smell the swirl of fruits. Lime is the strongest, as was also the case with Bitches Love Unicorns. In the background of that, there’s a woodsy vanilla.

Wet: Much the same, with the lime remaining prominent. I get a slight whiff of frankincense, especially on my hand.

After only a couple of hours, this is quite faint. I still get a sugary fruit smell backed by a sweet warm vanilla that is indeed fuzzy, like yarn.

As a knitter, I liked the idea of another knitting scent--I already have Autumn Overlooked My Knitting--but the fruit notes here are very similar to those in Bitches Love Unicorns, of which I already have a bottle, and I don’t know how many sweet fruit scents I realistically need.

Sweet candy fruit at the start that gives way to smoky, woody marshmallows. Sadly my decant must have leaked at some point without my knowledge, because there's barely anything left, but I would definitely wear this on a regular basis if I could. It's sweet and, yes, a little fuzzy. I'd totally believe it as a cozy-sweater kind of scent, so I can easily change that to a making-the-cozy-sweater scent!

I wasn't sure this would work on me. Overly fruity scents don't, in general, but the supporting notes sounded wonderful -- I will try anything with mallow. Sure enough, wet on my skin Texare was all juicyfruit, but the drydown is lovely -- sweet and sexy. I'm not getting a lot of frankincense, but the oudh is a deep earthy but not stinky note, and the mallow and vanilla husk blend together into the roasted marshmallow goodness lizabelle mentions. Colorful, comforting, sweet and fuzzy. Joy!

This one starts off with the fruity notes on me. First, I get the cherry, and then the lime becomes the leader in the fruit department. The fruits are backed by the resins, which end up growing stronger over time and eventually overtake them. The frankincense and oudh combo reminds me of Implacable Beautiful Tyrant HG. By the end of the day, I do get a fuzzy quality to the fruit-tinged resins, which I think must be due to the mallow root and vanilla husk, although the vanilla husk isn't distinct on me. The raspberry is more noticeable now than it was during the wet stage of the scent, when the fruits were the most prominent, and the oudh never went into poo-dh territory on me.

This smells like fruity candy and resins. Like if you took Implacable Beautiful Tyrant and threw some fruity candy into the mix. I'm not sure how often I'd reach for this, but I'll hang onto the decant for a while to find out. :)