Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Stonehenge at Dusk

Several years ago, I went to Stonehenge for the very first time. Walking through the center of the stones was transformative, and watching the sun set behind the stones stole my breath like a cold dagger of joy plunged into my heart. Teddy and I wanted to share that moment – the feel of the place, the enigmatic majesty of the stones, the mist-shrouded history – with Lilith, so we took her there last March.

I cannot put into words what it felt like to watch her run and laugh through the standing stones, to watch her skip and laugh and dance through the shadows and sunsets of thousands upon thousands of years.

Wiltshire’s burnt-tip orchids, a scattering of dandelions, crushed grass, wild daffodil, and chips of fog-wet bluestone.

Smells like wet grass in the bottle.

Oh, and then on, there's the dandelion sap, milky, blending with the grass to lend the immediacy of FIELD: VERSION SPRING, WET. Wow, this is like, catch a football, have terrible grass-stains, realistic. The florals are probably quietly present lending a hint of sweetness to the leafiness. This is not like, heady orchid floral, but just a subtle background mellow kiss of something light and pollen-y. The stone is not terribly potent, so not like mineral 'Black Opal' strength, but likely present lending a bit of stoic base to the overall scent.

This is like a more leaf/grass-forward 'Summoning Stone Play Structure.'

Excellent if you love grass and field and natural notes. So very green! I'd whip this one out in early summer to run around with.

I agree with Lycanthrope. This starts out as a fresh, sunny cut-grass scent. On me the grass fades into a soft, contemplative floral that lies close to the skin - there's not much throw, at least not for me. I'd love this for meditation; it's very calming. For some reason I though it would be great to wear when camping...and I haven't been camping in years! :)

Grass, dandelion, and daffodil! Very true to the concept.

The grass is really strong, and I am sadly not getting any orchid. This is in the same family as Ghost Houses from previous Liliths, so if you like atmospheric outdoorsy scents, you should give this a try!

The throw is pretty good, but it fades quickly on me.

Very much the scent that wafts through your windows in summer when everyone in the neighborhood is mowing their lawns. Sweet, fresh, green grass with hints of mowed over flowers and dandelions. Smells so realistically like the sap from grass and flowers. I love this scent.

In the decant it's all grass and dandelions.

On the skin it is absolutely stunning. Fresh, outdoorsy and every beautiful aspect that you love about Springtime. I smell the dandelions and daffodils distinctly and I am vaguely reminded of Venus Verticordia, this is definitely the same dandelion note. The grass is true to form and dammit if I am not smiling like a idiot while I have this on. It is happiness and sweet memories on hot days come to life.

Dandelions, grass, touch of daffodil and a bunch of stone. So this one toggles between a super clean white floral dandelion/daffodil blend and a ton of metric stone. I'd put it in the gender-neutral category and I think this would have made a great atmosphere spray. It's playful and yet somber at the same time. It's a very clean, wholesome, and solid blend.

I'd consider this a gateway BPAL for men.

This was not among the original decants I just had to have. I considered it briefly and dismissed it for other choices. Kept wishing I had tried it though, so picked it up later.

Wet: Grass and wildflowers and mist. Pretty, but the grass is also doing this bitter thing it sometimes does on me. It's so realistic is almost makes me sneeze.

Dry: Grass and flowers. Very realistic. The bitterness has faded, and it's quite pretty. I would enjoy it as a room scent. Typically I would prefer a bit more sweetness though, in terms of what I like to wear, but I can absolutely appreciate how beautiful this is.

Stonehenge at Dusk is very strong on the grass, which is dotted with dandelions and springtime flowers. The grass and dandelion notes are the strongest at first, but it becomes more sharply clean floral with wear, backed by the lovely stone note.

The first time I tried this, it was too sharp on me, but the second time, I got more dandelion and enjoyed it more. I definitely think it's a nice springtime scent, and I appreciate the dandelion and the stone notes enough to keep the decant (which was generously frimped to me :heart: ). But I, too, am in the 'wish this one were an atmosphere spray' camp.