Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

My little witch, my little lilt of laughter: this scent is for the sorceress you are and the sorceress you will grow to be. 7-year aged patchouli, red musk, and bourbon vanilla with sweet oudh, hazelnut, amber chypre, leather.

This is mostly patchouli and oudh. I get kind of a woody hazelnut as well, and definitely musk (smells more like black musk than red, though). Very strong and incensey. Unfortunately the oudh is just too much for me so I won't be keeping this.

Wet: peanut butter!! and a tiny bit of patchouli. Kinda reminds me of Mouse Circus with a bit more sugar, salt, and some patchouli.

Drydown: less sweet with the oudh and leather coming out more

Dry: patchouli settles down, the musk and vanilla come out. It's like this dry-sweet, happy, peanut butter. Leather rounds it out nicely.

Ooooo.... I like. :smile: This is really different from what I was expecting, but I'm really liking it.

It smells very salty in the bottle, vaguely nutty, and I get a hint of red musk in the background. I get why peanut butter has come up, but it smells different to me. On my skin this is a very whimsical, swirly scent. It must be the chypre that comes across almost as soapy, and that with the saltiness almost gives the fragrance an aquatic vibe, except that I dislike aquatics, and I like this very much. There's definitely some sweetness coming from the musk and the vanilla, and I detect the patchouli, but only as a very mellow, earthy base. Oudh can be iffy on me, but it's working here. I don't really get much leather. This has a nice silage on me, and I get little trickles of scent drifting up now an then, but they don't always smell the same. As I said, swirly.

Over all it's a complex, unusual blend with a warm, incense sweetness underneath a salty chypre. Lovely, and reminiscent to me of fall.

I'm always excited when I find a red musk blend I can wear. I got a bit of hazelnut wet only, with patchouli, vanilla, and red musk. The oudh and leather never really emerge on me, unless it's the red leather that's essentially identical to red musk on me, but Spider Witch dries down into quite a nice red musk-vanilla-patch blend that is mostly but not entirely about the red musk.

In bottle: Hazelnut and patchouli (Not overpowering in bottle) 

Wet on skin: Hazelnut, patchouli, and a bit of leather. It already smells cozy 

Dry: Vanilla, patchouli, a soft leather and red musk. There's a touch of woodiness which adds to the cozy feeling, this is going to be a great winter scent!