Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
aiobhan

Reapers Gonna Reap

I was supposed to be representing Death for our June Gloom Victorian Mourning event, but the Little Grim Reaper kept stealing my scythe.

Lilith says this perfume should smell like pretty meat bones, and her translation of that is a musky vanilla sandalwood.

VERY musky, toasty sandalwood and just a hint of cool vanilla. I love this and I think it's going to age wonderfully.

For me it's mostly Sandalwood and Musks.

The vanilla is there but seems to stick close to my skin, and that is why I'm finding this scent just a little too dry for my preference.

I'll for sure give it time to see if the vanilla comes out more with age as that would make this wonderful. Even if it doesn't I'll probably just mix it with one of my Vanilla dominant bpal's

This one ended up being a little dryer than I was expecting. I'm getting mostly sandalwood with musk and a touch of cool vanilla. It's very unique, and I do like it, just is not a 'love' at this point. I'm going to cellar her for a bit to see if the vanilla comes out a bit more.

eta: This is soooo much more better with a touch of French Vanilla SN. It cuts the dryness and adds a bit of sweet to the blend.

Edited by milo

ooh! pretty, just like i knew it'd be. a musk of the softer/medium variety plus some vanilla. the sandalwood is subtle at first, but after about 5 minutes i can smell the sandalwood more, while the vanilla has died down a bit. the musk and sandalwood continue to get stronger and the vanilla seems to slowly disappear. once it's in the drydown phase it's a gorgeous balanced mix of all 3 notes. a warm, cuddly scent perfect for this cold day.

Edited by theseagrows

Sandalwood and vanilla - a fantastic everyday, every situation perfume. My nose sometimes confuses sandalwood and cedar ("pencil shavings"), and I think of this blend as Tombstone's sweeter little sister. I wish it was a GC so I could just buy bottles from time to time...I'd wear it that often. It would make a great gift for someone just getting into scents as well.

First Sniff Impression: Somehow not what I was expecting? I thought it would be much sweeter, but that's probably my own fault for confusing it with something else.

Wet in Vial: A nice vanilla sandalwood. We'll see if sandalwood plays nicely with my skin today.

Drying Down on Skin: I guess from the "pretty meat bones" I thought it would be creamier or heavier or something. This is actually pretty light. Ooh, there *is* a bit that's walking the line with Play Doh scent, though.

Dry on Skin: Fortunately fully dry it never goes completely Play Doh but I understand that scent complaint at least now. It's still an almost soapy scent, however. Not in a bad way, but in a clean, almost linen-like way. It's nice but not really my favorite of the Lilith scents.

Conclusion: I'm fine only having a decant of this. I'm glad I tried it because I thought I'd like it way more than I do, merely from how popular it is. It's one of the ones that might be fun to try again later and see if I like it more.

Musky-clean, that's how I would describe it. And let me tell you, this stuff lasted a shower with Lush shower gel, so that should tell you that it is long-lasting.

I somehow missed this one at release, but I've been wanting to try it ever since.

Wet: What it says on the tin, folks - musk, vanilla, and sandalwood. This is the same drop-dead gorgeous that's in Alan McMichael, but softened and sweetened here. Not too sweet, mind you.

Drying: If the throw was just a little stronger, I'd call it in favor of this insanely beautiful scent. The sandalwood sharpens a little as it dries, and the musk is never much more than a background note. Really lovely.

In the decant: The sandalwood in this reminds me of Kit, but this isn’t as dry thanks to the musk and the vanilla.

Wet: I still think this is the same sandalwood found in Kit (Mysore sandalwood). The vanilla is sweetening the scent, and it’s a creamy vanilla. I figured this would be mostly musky sandalwood and that I wouldn’t get much vanilla from it, so I am pleasantly surprised to get a fair amount of it on my skin! The sandalwood and vanilla are the main players on me, backed by what I believe may be a skin musk.

Dry: The scent remains that way for a long time: vanilla-ed Mysore sandalwood on a bed of musk. After a few hours, the creamy vanilla becomes more prominent, the sandalwood calms down a little, and I get more of the skin musk.

Verdict: I was originally interested in getting a bottle of this back in 2016, but I was studying in Europe at the time and trying to conserve funds for traveling, so I skipped a bottle of this one in favor of ALL THE LAVENDER THINGS and Outlaw. Well, it’s even better than I was expecting, thanks to the prominence of the vanilla, and I wish I had gotten a bottle. :P I will cherish my decant and see if I can more of it at some point in the future. :)

ETA: Ended up getting a bottle in a swap last year, but realized that I wasn't reaching for it much. The bottle isn't as vanilla-ed as my decant was, sadly. I prefer Kit from the OLLA line.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This was a low throw musk--some of my scents are just not going to work in an office environment because they amp so much, but this one cooperates.  After about an hour I get a "play doh" vibe, but I don't mean that as an insult; I like that smell of play doh.  

Not complex on me, just exactly what it says, musky sandalwood and a toned down vanilla.