Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This winter, Lilith tried her hand at embalming, thanks to the British Museum.

Lilith says this should smell like blood and guts, but also strawberries. We came to a compromise through a combination of Dragon’s blood resin, myrrh, and smushed strawberries with a little bit of lavender. She sprays lavender essential oil on her plushies every night before bed, so she thinks plush innards should get the same treatment.

My first review!
In the bottle- Lavender and Strawberry
Wet on skin- Lavender! Strawberry, and a hint of dragon's blood peeking out. It's very sweet and a little perfumey.
Dry- The resins come out to play, and the perfumey-ness is toned down a little. It's still sweet, tempered by the resins, and it's beautiful! I don't think my half bottle will be enough. A suprise hit for me. Love it!

This is also a surprise hit for me too! All the notes are well blended enough that nothing is overwhelming. I get strawberry the strongest but it's not super sweet. I get the lavender but it's not super strong. This is nothing like round dance. It ends up smelling like sweet resins, it's wonderful!!

When I first wore this, it immediately reminded me of Lilith Victoria and the scent of walking into a LUSH shop. A very natural, clean, smooth lavender, but with lots of sweet notes around it. The strawberry smells like creamy, pink candy fluff. I can pick out dark, dry, bitter, sharp , incensey dragon's blood and myrrh if I really try, but that's smothered pretty well under the pink sweetness and lavender. It's just a hint of something dark and dangerous (a whiff of black incense smoke) underneath the lavender and sweetness.

In the imp I was concerned because it was myrrh + lavender with no other notes to be found, but on the skin the strawberries bloom and it takes on some sweetness.

Wet, this is mostly herbal, clean lavender + strawberries on top with a dark incensey bottom. The strawberry adds a juicy, fruity aspect, and I'm not sure I'd say "strawberries!" if I didn't know that was the note. It definitely has that sort of "mixed good smells" feeling of opening my perfume box or walking into a bath and body shop.

As it dries, the strawberry note fades into something like a pink creamy sugar over the incense. Sometimes myrrh notes go a bit powdery on me, but this stays nice and round with the help of the dragon's blood, which is usually a note my skin loves. Generally well-balanced but more than the sum of the notes.

Strawberry, lavender, and a touch of myrrh. It's a pink creamy blend, and the strawberry note in this works really really well. If you were hoping for a super-strawberry BPAL, I'd check this out. It reminds me to Strawberry Moon, and just enough of it to make me think of Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Medium throw and wear length.

Such a beautiful blend. I secretly hoped that the DB would shine, but it's nowhere to be found. Freshly it's a beautiful creamy strawberry lavender, but it gradually fades and i'm left with a strawberry cream and hint of plastic that comes and goes. I still enjoy it and boy, does this oil last! Good job, Beth!

The myrrh and dragon's blood notes jump out at me first, and then the strawberry and lavender follow behind. It ends up being resin and lavender dominant on me for a while, although the strawberry definitely gains strength with wear and manages not to go plastic on me. Dragon's blood is also an iffy note on me, but it is pretty well-behaved here and is more like an incense-y variety than a spicy fruity floral one. It ends up being a dark myrrh and dragon's blood in a bowl of squished strawberries on me by the end of the day, with some sprigs of lavender thrown on top.

The lavender and dragon's blood combo in this reminds me of Third Eye Extraction, only here, they're accompanied by myrrh and strawberry instead of mugwort and musk. While I prefer Third Eye Extraction, I'm pleasantly surprised to like this too and will certainly use up my decant. I don't think it's something I need to hunt down a bottle of, though!