Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I love this kid. Oh lord, Lilith, you are my joy. You are silly and sagacious, loud and lovely, ridiculous, theatrical, and serene. You possess one of the kindest souls I have every known, and I am blessed by your compassion and your wisdom.

Snake Oil, lavender, bubblegum, and gummi bears.

I debated long and hard about this one.

The notes called to me, strongly. But having struggled with infertility for many years, and eventually giving up, I worried it might make me sad.

However, I realized how much joy and love children can bring parents. I see it in my brother, my sisters-in-law, my friends, my coworkers. In Beth!!! And I realized that motherhood, even if I can't experience it myself, is something I cherish and revere. So I ordered it!!!

I'm a sucker for Snake Oil flankers. This one is very nice. It seems like a blend of SO with something like Hellion, or Hollywood Babylon, or Jailbait. It's actually more like those scents, with a dollop of SO and a very light dusting of lavender.

I'm glad I got this!!!

In the bottle: Very brightly sweet, though not in the same way as Texare. This is cotton candy - wispy, lightly fruity spun sugar and neon pink bubblegum. I don't detect the snake oil at all. I should mention that whenever there's a Snake Oil blend, I NEVER smell the Snake Oil, which is interesting since it's such an intense fragrance on its own.

On the skin: The lavender comes out, as does the vanilla from the Snake Oil. There's not much resin to the mix, it's just a smooth, creamy lavender mix that's almost vaguely like fancy (yet yummy smelling) hotel soap. You'd think that'd be a bad thing, but I actually quite like this and will test it more.

This is a crazy blend. Since the package landed, I've picked it up several times and I swear that every time I take the lid off and sniff it, I get something different?! Sometimes it's lavender at the top with musky sweetness. Other times it's bubblegum at the top with gummi bears and a hint of lavender. Then there was just now when I got Snake Oil, then lavender, then bubblegum. This is like some sort of magical potion that keeps playing with my nose.

One thing is for sure : I get all four notes. Beth's Snake Oil, Lilith's favourite lavender, the bubblegum and the gummi bears. And believe me when I say that they work very well together. I'm not sure HOW such notes can work so well together but they do and it's great.

Mad genius scent. Love it.

Edited by cherrycherry

I have tried to wear this one several times now. I don't get anything like gummi bears or lavender, and actually find that this isn't anywhere near sweet enough for me. It's the dark, slinky musk of Snake Oil (that always does smell actually oily to me, like motor oil and baby oil) and a very powdery bubblegum. It smells powdery and chalky, like powder coated bubblegum. It waffles somewhere between spearmint gum and pink bubblegum on my skin, and I wish that it were sweeter.

I get along well with a lot of the Snake Oil blends (like the Snake Pit), but this one falls flat on me.

Edited by Little Bird

I only like Snake Oil when it has been aged for at least a year or even better, two years.

This scent is all fresh snake oil with a heavy dose of bubblegum and something that verges on smelling like strong red musk and I know it's not a note, but that's what my nose is picking up. It's by no means a bad scent, but I think I need to let it age a while before I come back to it.

this was mostly a big blast of bright fresh pink bubble gum on me, with a little bit of extra candy smells around the edges, and traces of the faintest hint of a whisper of a dreamy memory of snake oil underneath. the lavender didn't make an impression.

I'm not one who wears a lot of foodie or bubble gum perfumes, but I have tried a few other bpals with this as a note (pop! is one). this scent really felt like it made bubble gum shine as a note in as pure and bright and beautiful a manor as I ever could have imagined. true foodiephile perfumistas may beg to differ, but that's how it played to my resin-loving nose.

I can smell that familiar resinous Snake Oil base with a sharpness from the lavender and sweetness from the gummy bears, which also smell kind of rubbery? :wacko2: It's not revolting or anything, but it's just not up my alley.

Just got mine in the mail today, s bear with me on the review - I will update as necessary.

In the bottle it's Snake oil with a sugared-lavender edge.

On my skin - it's candied Snake Oil with a slight breath of lavender to keep it interesting.

Dry - Sweet Snake O. The lavender seems to have subsided - or my skin ate it - one of the two.

I really like this blend! As I'm a fan of Snake Oil originally, this is it - just bumped up on the Sugar scale. It doesn't seem to stay strong very long - my skin has a tendency to devour scent. Hopefully some aging will do the trick for some longevity.

I took a chance on a decant because of Beth's description. Two out of four listed notes tend to be awful on me, but I just had to test it anyway.

And wow.

I think this is my favorite Snake Oil blend ever. I was worried that the bubblegum note would make this just a little too twee for my general tastes, but I don't get any strong notes of bubblegum at all. And while lavender tends to totally take over and go all herbal nightmare on my skin, in this blend it is soft (but not powdery), with the relaxing effect I always want but never get.

These notes shouldn't work together, but they do. Oh how they do! The overall effect smells sort of like berry Snake Oil, but there is just something about the way Motherhood makes you FEEL. It is really evocative, all of these scents together, and it makes me happy because Beth and Lilith are both in there, identifiably. It smells great on my skin, but it also makes my heart swell a little. :evol:

Once I have whiffed something before application and do not like it, it's hard for me to get past that scent memory even when it is different on my skin. In the imp, this was intensely sweet, saccharine candy. I mean duh based on the description, but I tried it because I have consistently been surprised by the Liliths that are candy based when blended with florals or herbs - they often end up being girlish, but not like girlish ate too much candy corn and gummi bears and now her tummy hurts. This leans towards that for me. On, the lavendar softens it up as it dries down and the Snake Oil lingers around it, but at it's heart it's ODing on candy with a stomachache.

So the gummi bears, bubblegum and Snake Oil on wet combine to make it smell like cherry cough syrup, except there's a healthy dose of LAVENDER in the mix. It dries to a touch of lavender, gummi bears and a bed of Snake Oil. It's sweet, fruity, candy-like and with a whiff of vanilla spices. However, I get a toggle of bubble gum and occasional reminder of the cough syrup in this. Decent throw and wear length.

I keep trying Snake Oil variants, but they just don't work for me.

First reaction is Snake oil, lavender, and candy. Not bad. It dries into a beautiful light Snake Oil (vanilla) with lavender and a bit of sweet. Doesn't stay long. I might get a bottle--going to try this one again later and see if it lasts any longer.

I must amp the gummi bears, because when this dries down on me, it smells like fruity candy - almost like Sweet Tarts or Strawberry Shortcake dolls or scratch n sniff stickers. I honestly love the beginning lavender/bubblegum phase and think I might have to finally get a scent locket.

I quite like this. I don't smell any lavender (even after a second day of testing) but this is definitely tooth achingly sweet candy with snake oil underneath. Happy scent.

Gorgeous spicy vanilla bubblegum in the decant. Alas, the sweets fade away and this is just SO with a touch of sweetness and lavender. The whole thing is very close to the skin, too close, sadly.

Just bought this off the FB page and to me, this is 100% red twizzlers x snake oil. and i'm not complaining. it's kinda odd, and quirky, and a little bit yummy, and somewhat pretty, and a little bit messy. which maybe---that's what actual Motherhood is a bit like too.

Super beautiful bubblegum Snake Oil! Lavender is here, but doesn't really appear until it's dried down. And there is a faint bit of a plastic smell to me, could be the gummi bears note. It does resemble red Twizzlers a little like some of the other reviews mention, so licorice fans may enjoy this! It does get a bit powdery after some wear, but to me it resembles powdered sugar instead of a baby power note. I wish the throw was a little stronger, but overall it's beautiful and worth checking out if you like Snake Oil flankers!

This starts off as mostly bubblegum and lime gummy worms on me mingling with the Snake Oil. It's more bubblegummy at first, but the lime gummies hold their own and still are there after several hours of wear, once the Snake Oil is most prominent. The bubblegum is still present at the end of the day, too -- it's just not as strong as it was initially. I never got any lavender from this, sadly, but it is still a really nice Snake Oil + candy variant, and this is coming from someone that isn't a fan of bubblegum (in perfume or otherwise)!

I don't need to hunt down more of this, but I'll happily hold onto my decant. :) 

okay, this smells like those bubblegum tablets you chew at the dentist, that stain your teeth? you know? like very dental bubblegum - think bubblegum mouthwash, toothpaste. it has that very specific type of bubblegum smell lol

i don’t smell any snake oil, at all, surprisingly. especially considering that i usually amp snake oil. no lavender, no gummi worms - just dental bubblegum. 🦷💓

Unmistakably a Snake Oil blend to my nose, but also unmistakably bubblegummy, and with some serious throw right out of the gate! Comparing this to Abduction of Proserpine on the same arm, the lavender is really popping out, but it really comes in third to the SO and the candy. This is absolutely the scent I would expect to smell sitting between a certain mother and child back in 2016.