Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
whitewhale

Little Lady Frankenstein

Lilith wants to keep her fathers brain in a jar after he dies so she can implant it into a robot body.

This should smell like electricity and potions.

I did my best, kid.

In the bottle: Electricity. Ozone.

On the skin: This has almost a citrus quality to it without ever being overt about it. The "electricity" feeling is definitely there - this is a lightning-filled slate grey sky, that hum of leftover energy in the air when it passes. It's post-storm magic and almost cold anticipation. Beth did a beautiful interpretation of this one.

On me, Little Lady F is a clean, reedy green aquatic with ozone. It actually makes me think of bamboo.

As it dries, it turns a little cologne-like, but it's still an ozonic, clean, woody bamboo to me.

I was surprised that this made me think of bamboo, given its description, so I pulled out Black Bamboo from Demeter and compared them. While Black Bamboo is darker and less aquatic, with more of a tone of woody spice, my friend and I who were testing her bottles agreed that the two are similar.

On her skin, Little Lady came across as a more watery green blend, still ozonic, but less woody than on my skin.

Herbal, slightly spicy green aquatic with a tiny bit of ZAP when wet that you get in the air when lightening strikes. It is definitely transformative and I would say unisex. I can see this being EXTREMELY sexy and fresh on a man~where's my husband? I want to cover him in this masterpiece and roll around in a storm :cthulhu:

Edited by Jenjin

This smells like a brighter but softer version of Numb to me. It smells cold and bright. I love ozone scents so this may be one of my new favorites.

As it dries, there's a soft sweetness that comes in behind the ozone. I suck at identifying scents so I don't know what it is but I love it :)

Edited by gallifreyan_orphan

I expected this to just be soapy, unbearable ozone, but it isn't. The ozone is a clean, salty note, but not going full on laundry soap and overtaking the blend, and I agree with other reviews in that there's a cool, smooth, crisp, watery green note that makes me think of bamboo in this. Overall, it's a nice, watery sweetness that kind of reminds me of the original Banded Sea Snake. Green bamboo, cool and refreshing, smooth water, a hint of creamy vanilla, clean ozone...
I am liking almost all of my Lilith decants. I thought that I would be safe from this, because I hate ozone, but now I'm wanting a full bottle of this one too.
After an hour, it's like green bamboo, cool water, soapy ozone and salt tinged vanilla. Refreshing and clean with a delicate sweetness. Fans of Banded Sea Snake, Lyonesse or any of the bamboo heavy blends might also love this.

This is way better than I expected it to be. It smells much more like commercial cologne than most BPAL does. Wet, it is a blast of mint florals. As it dries, it settles in to this very green herbal ozoney scent that just gets more and more sophisticated as it dries down. It reminds me a lot of my Dior Escale à Pondichéry (I think?) or l'Artisan thé pour une été maybe. This is a scent that I could easily wear working in an office as a daily scent. I'm a fan, and I definitely did not expect to be.

Green, melon-y, probably has green tea, maybe bamboo, but it doesn't smell woody at all. The best comparison would probably be Embalming Fluid. This is less lemony though.

I was wondering what the main green note was that I first got and now I do think it is bamboo. But with the bamboo I get something that smells like mint and ozone. It's not soapy on me in the least bit and I am thankful. It's smooth, clean, refreshing, zingy and so damn addictive........... I cannot stop smelling it and to my nose it smells like Green Tree Viper and Embalming Fluid had a lovechild.

Perfect!!! One of my top favorites from the Lilith's this year <3

Green and ozone. But as it dries, I get a fair amount of grapefruit actually. Which in french is PAMPLEMOUSSE. To me this smells like grapefruit, bamboo, and just fresh citrus breeze.

Honestly, this would have made an AWESOME hairgloss. Decent throw and wear length.

On me this is very grapefruit forward, with a flutter of something like white musk, bamboo and lightly minty ozone in support. I just adore this blend; it's light and refreshing without being shallow or pulling a vanishing act after 5mins. In fact this is just what I wanted Baobhan Sith to be.

In the bottle: Sharp, clean ozone.

Wet on skin: A very green, watery ozone scent. The potions are definitely electric green and full of bubbles.

Dry down: The ozone stays, but turns into something that reminds me of more commercial colognes. The green turns into a very rounded, almost chewy scent. Does that make sense? I don't know, I couldn't figure out exactly how to describe that part of the scent, but for the fact that it made me feel like I could bite into it, like a piece of neon green mochi.

This one reminds me enough of Baoban Sith that I don't feel like I need a bottle of it.

A clean, soapy grass in the bottle, which is intriguing — kind of like some of the less-exotic Lupers. Goes on as the same clean green bamboo-like note, which continues as it dries, but then the ozone edge comes in and eventually blots out the grass. A perfect execution of the concept; not something I'd wear. If I could get just the "potions" part I'd love it for spring.

Bright and bubbly! There's something in it that reminds me of the top notes of Torture Queen--maybe white tea? It's light and refreshing. I haven't tried many ozone blends, so I can't speak to that, but I like this one a lot! It would make a good summer scent.

I recently acquired about a decant of this in the original bottle. And I am glad I did! I was curious about this back when it was released in 2016, but I did not want to take a chance on it with the lack of notes in the description.

In the bottle, I thought I was getting lime and cucumber.

On my skin, Little Lady Frankenstein seems to be a combination of something between cucumber and honeydew melon (perhaps the bamboo others are mentioning?), grapefruit, ozone, and definitely one of the tea notes featured in The Dormouse. A cool mint note joins in after a while. It's green, and the ozone lends this bubbly potion vibe, and I think it would be a nice, clean scent to wear during the spring.

Not something I need to hunt down more of, but I will definitely be hanging on to my low partial. :)

Edited by doomsday_disco