Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

Lilith and the Four Sons of Horus

Rolling with her homies, profoundly jetlagged at the British Museum.

Golden honey and cassia.

My Lilith order is still processing, but as my friend's arrived days ago, we did a little testing with her bottles tonight. Four Sons of Horus was perhaps, of the lot, the most similar on our two skin chemistries.

Cassia was dominant on a backdrop of sweet honey with support, maybe, from an unlisted myrrh. The myrrh note gave the cassia some darkness and depth; the honey seemed to provide most of the sweetness.

Horus was a solid if uncomplicated fragrance that changed little in a couple hours, just becoming more blended on my skin.

A pure single-note cassia cinnamon. No honey at all, but maybe the honey is sweetening the cinnamon and rounding it out so it's not dusty. No skin burn, which is unusual because Inferno leaves welts. I like this a lot.

Holy sweet sweet cassia, batman!

Wet: My nose is not sophisticated to really tell cassia from cinnamon ALL the time, but I do recognize this as the same cassia note in Monster Bait: Underbed. It's delicious with the honey. But I am amping it to high heaven, and I feel it might be a little much to wear.

Dry: All cassia, all the time. Very sweet from the honey. Not really sure what I was expecting? It's completely as you would expect it to smell - like honey-sweetened cassia. It's nice, but I think I like other, more complex cassia blends (like Underbed) better.

I was afraid to try this, because I'm sensitive to spice notes. It is a loud, intense cassia that raises red welts on my skin where applied. Smells like cinnamon, but a dry and woody sort of variety. Sharp. The honey isn't enough to soften it for me.

Warm bpal honey touched with cinnamony cassia, simple and warm and nice. On my skin, this is similar to Chimera, but with more cinnamon.

Honeyed cassia out the yin-yang. Huge throw and wear length.

This may as well be cassia SN on my skin.

Do not play if you don't like cassia.

Yikes. If you can't wear honey, steer clear. I was hoping this would be cassia dominant but it is not. That honey :-(

the cassia is a sharp cinnamon. as sqwook mentioned, it does remind me a bit of the cinnamon note in chimera (my standard BPAL I love wearing and my hubby loves on me), but it's much sharper - more "red hots" candy and raging cinnamon stick.

after an hour or so the honey comes out and the cassia tones down, making it a really lovely spice

but I'll stick with Chimera.

the scent itself has a medium throw on my skin, and no burn. if you're curious about a cassia-heavy scent, it's a good one to try, but it's really for those who love them some cinnamon.

*edit - hours later it's amping honey like crazy! cassia is mostly gone

Edited by Roogna

Mmmm, this is the same honey from Womb Fury. Actually, it's pretty much WF without the Snake Oil spices, but this one has it's own spice, making it quite similar. I pretty much love this, but I do have a good collection of WF, and don't wear it very often to justify something that is very much the same. FWIW, this is not a cassia heavy blend on me at all.

Edited by milo

This is a rich, full-bodied honey, and wet on my skin it's HONEY-honey-honey-cassia. As it dries down the cassia becomes more of an equal partner, so it's HONEY-honey-CASSIA for quite a while, as this has unusually good throw on me, and eventually it mellows down to honey-cassia. But the cassia is more subdued than the cinnamon in Chimera (which I also love). It does not burn my skin the way Inferno does, and it does not recall cinnamon chewing gum or any kind of artificial cinnamon scent. Instead, the cassia contributes a lovely, dry, spicy warmth to the deep, rich honey. I find I often prefer a scent with two or three ingredients to one with twelve or thirteen, and I'm so pleased to have a bottle of this.

Wet: HONEY. Loads and loads of thick honey, with a little cassia.

Dry: Honey-coated red hots. No thank you!