Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Lilith and Sekhmet

Lilith introduced her plush Egyptian kitty, Goldenshine, to the goddess Sekhmet. She figured they’d get along great, both being cats n’all.

Blood wine and amber.

In The Bottle: HAI, Wine!!!

Wet On Skin: Thi is certainly the same wine note that was in Gluwhein and also Ruby Fluid. I am a tremendous fan of both those scents, and so far, this does NOT disappoint!

Dry Down: This is very nearly a Wine Single Note. Which I personally have *no* objections to. The Lab's amber note doesn't always stick on my skin- my chemistry somehow gobbles it up, so that might be what's happening.

However, I didn't get a strong wifi of amber in the bottle or while it was wet on my skin, either, so this might just be wine-heady with the amber simply acting as a supporting member.

In any event, if you love the Lab's wine scents, this is a treasure, to be sure! :wub:

At the moment, this is a very nice red wine scent on me with only a hint of amber. I get the feeling that it's going to need some time for the amber to come out and say hello. As I happen to love wine scents, I'm fine with this. It's not overly boozy at all, it's mainly fruity and very red and sweet.

Smells so much like Gluhwein on me, which is nice, because I miss Gluhwein. Warm, very sweet, dark, fruity red wine (sweet, dark, grapey) with sweet cinnamon. The amber in this isn't turning to full on baby powder on me, but is adding a soft, warm, thick, golden, vanilla-amber undertone to the blend. It reminds me of the amber in Thomas Sharpe.

Spiced, sweet, dark, grapey wine and rich vanilla-amber. Love. :heart:

Boozy red wine and a hint of amber. Actually, is there pom in this wine? It sure smells like it! Good throw and wear length.

Boozy, vampy, red.

Sekhmet has a really special place in my heart, so when I saw this I bought it immediately without really looking at the notes. When I put it on for the first time it reminded me immediately of a deep Spanish red wine with a hint of amber. As it dried it became a temple of amber and warm wine. I loved this massively.

Oh dear. I might have made a mistake to try this out, as I was so sure I'd love this... I love the lab's wine note but in the bottle it is in-your-face strong and slightly more sharp (but maybe that's just me/because it's so strong).

There's something in here that just doesn't tickle my fancy, and if it's really only those two notes, I'm sure it's the amber. Which, to me in here is like a dusty rag in the middle of a cold cave, heh. Weird, cause I'm usually a sucker for amber.

Only when this is nearing end of it's ride (and it does stay on for a looooong long time) I like it, but I'd have to go super close to my wrist to smell anything.. And I actually like wearing smellies that are kind of obnoxious. :P

However! The possible silver lining is that I've only had it in for a day, so I'm gonna let it settle for a good couple of hours, who knows it'll change and I'll get back to this. But only to have it smell nice at the very end of the ride seems unnecessary for me. We'll see. :)

EDIT: Now that it's settled more, it's definately softer from the start, and doesn't morph much on the skin: it's more of a bitter wine (not like a chardonnay, but genuinely more of a dusty bitter wine). No more rag in a cave, just some dust. Actually, I just realised what this reminds me of now, the manuscript. From what I remember I liked that one much less on my skin, and it's not the same smell, but it had the same essence of dust or the dryness of paper...

It's warm and fits the colder season, but I can see this working really well at the end of a warm summer's day. Unfortunately I'm just not into this as much as I try. Someone else will adore this though. ^^

Edited by Cali

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I love the lab's red wine note and this is definitely it. Very wine heavy, a dark sexy red, with a touch of amber which gets thicker and sweeter over time. It also has a slight incense or spice in the background. This scent is dark, seductive, beautiful, perfect for autumn and winter.

I'm not too familiar with the Lab's red wine note, but in general like the smell of actual red wine and I'm still mourning that Haus of Gloi discontinued their Glogg scent, which was basically red wine + mulling spices.

So when I remembered that the Liliths were coming down, I put in a last-minute order for a few bottles, including this one, and I'm so glad I did!

Lilith and Sekhmet opens as a wonderfully fruity red wine. And it doesn't really change that much as time goes on. The fruity opening blast does fade, and the sweet, warm amber note asserts itself more, but it is definitely all about the red wine from start to finish. And that's ok because it smells so good! The amber also helps make it smell just a touch "perfumey" (in the best way) so that you don't simply smell like you spilled red wine all over yourself.

Very glad to have this, and will place it next to what remains of my cherished bottle of Glogg :wub2:

Sugary, fruity, round, and sacred, the amber gives this a resinous basenote that warms it up and gives it glowing sweetness. I can see wearing this a bunch of places because it comes across as pommie, cherry with a splash of grape without any booziness. Initially, I was concerned about the blood note which can go metallic and make me feel like i'm chewing tin foil, but here the blood is delectable and rich. So glad I took a chance because Sekhmet is a treasure.

Edited by Jenjin