Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This year, we brought a new baby to the house: Lilith’s little buddy, Pickle. In order for mom and dad to okay Lilith getting “her own” dog, she had to agree to train her, help bathe her, and care for her. Loving her was a given, and somehow Lilith foisted the dooky-removal duties back onto her father.

The scent of our backyard in summertime, the scent of Lilith trying to explain to Pickle how to heel correctly: honeysuckle, late summer jasmine, and mowed grass.

In the bottle: Jasmine! Ripe, almost rotting jasmine (not in that it smells rotten, but it smells... potent in the best possible way).

On the skin: The jasmine is still front and center and will not be moved. However, the honeysuckle and grass add a bit of green to what is still a very heady floral. This is strong, beautiful, and very perfume-y, like walking through a garden full of jasmine vines, tall grass, and honeysuckle blossoms very faintly in the distance. Seriously, if you don't like jasmine, stay far, far away (it's one of my favorite floral elements, so I love it). I can see this being headache-inducing on some as it nearly was on me this morning after slathering, but I love jasmine blends too much to care. At times I almost feel like I'm getting a whiff of tuberose in there, but that's probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

I really wanted to like this one, as I love and adore honeysuckle (it's a rare component in BPAL, it seems). I really really like the one in Liaidan and Curuthir, that sort of honey-sweet sparkling white-gold floral. Apparently in Heel, it's just too much! I put it on and was enjoying my little honeysuckle cloud, but quietly it started amping up on me over time and then everything became just too much floral. The grassiness was present but it was like the honeysuckle sweet turned up to eleven.

I may try to use it in a diffuser or as an addition to a bath but on my skin it does something really odd. A very potent creamy SWEEEEEET heady floral for sure.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: Honeysuckle is one of my true loves in scent. With no danger notes, I had to try it.

In the Bottle: A glorious noseful of honeysuckle and jasmine, with an outdoorsy feel that is probably the grass.

Wet: Hmm. Now it's almost pure grass with some floral backing. I will be disappointed if the florals run and hide from me.

Drydown: It takes a little while, but the florals do take front and center. I think I'm getting equal parts honeysuckle and jasmine. But together they are a super-strong and sweet floral.

Verdict: I think this is likely a keeper.

Jasmine and honeysuckle swirled together with a hint of very soft, cool greenery that makes me think of green flower stems in a florist's fridge. The florals smell yellowy, damp, sweet, and kind of musty and wilted on my skin. The drydown has a very strong, weedy, sour jasmine happening in it. Damp and a bit off on my skin, but I rarely ever like jasmine notes, and this is definitely a strong jasmine blend.

In bottle/wet: HONEYSUCKLE!!

Starting to dry: FRESHLY MOWN GRASS (and nothing else)

10 minutes in: JASMINE (and a little bit of grass)

15 minutes in, dry now: The honeysuckle is back! As it settles in, the jasmine is still there, and the mown grass gives the floral notes a very raw green edge.

25 minutes in: It has faded to a more blended floral soap scent with just that slight hint of freshness from the grass.

This one is pretty simple--exactly as described, really. I was hoping for honeysuckle SN or mostly honeysuckle as some have gotten. I'm not a jasmine person at all, and feel meh about grass, and normally have not much use for straight floral scents, so I'm not sure this is for me. But if you love honeysuckle, jasmine, and grass, then you'll love it!

Oh joy, finally a BPAL jasmine I can wear! Jasmine and I have never been able to get along -- it's usually too sharp, too indolic (that "cat-pee" note) for me, but here the jasmine is beautifully smoothed and softened by the other notes. I was hoping mostly for honeysuckle, but it mainly appears to temper the jasmine, adding more a sense of lightness than fragrance to the scent. Heel, for me, is sharp in the decant, then immediately softens when it hits my skin. Wet, I get jasmine, a hint of honeysuckle, and the teeeeeniest whiff of soapy grass in the background. As it dries, the jasmine turns into a really warm, creamy white floral -- almost gardenia-like, very skin-close.

Honeysuckle, touch of jasmine and green grass. This is the most honeysuckle BPAL that I can recall in a long long time. I get mainly honeysuckle, a whiff of jasmine. Good throw and wearlength.

Sadly mr. zee_zee hates on the BPAL jasmine....

Wow. This is truly the honeysuckle that everyone has mentioned, with grass and jasmine occasionally rearing their heads. Instead of reeking due to my skin chemistry, this gradually settled into a lovely floral scent that lasted all day. I think I'm in love.

This is VERY floral, juicy, and a little bit green. It's a little too much for me as a perfume, but I'd like it a lot as a candle or linen spray. It reminds me of Jasmine Cottage quite a bit, so if that's your jam, give this one a whirl.

This is nearly a honeysuckle sn on me, with a touch of freshly cut grass. Heady and sweet.

Great throw and about a 4 hour wear length on me. Glad I took a chance with this one.