Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Good Morning, London

A scent for my bed-headed September 2nd Virgos: lavender for Lilith and amber for Brian.

Wet: The lavender that Lilith Loves so much is prominent and I love it too. :D Dry: Lavender and commercial amber. I don't know if I like this one as much as I like the serpentine. Still on the fence about selling it. *sigh*

Oh my stars and garters I LOVE this. I amp lavender so in the bottle and at first all I could smell was the lavender but it wasn't as sharp as usual, about ten seconds on my skin and the Amber peeked out. I went wild as it started to dry. Such a perfect combo of two of my favorite notes. I wish this is what Thomas Sharpe had smelled like on me. I can't wait for the Amber to age. It's gorgeous and the Amber does not go to powder as it sometimes can. Simply adore this one.

I tested my friend's bottle of this with her so we could compare it on our different skin chemistries.

First off, the liquid was pink. Curiously pink.

On both of us, London was all lavender when wet, and grew a bit of aromatic, grassy-ish greenness as it dried. My friend got a sense of herbal tea on her, too, as the blend dried. Then the amber background came out, but more on me than on my friend. Overall, the blend was a little sweeter on me than on my friend, and my version even developed a breath of vanilla.

London was faint on both our skins after an hour.

Wet this is herbal, medicinal lavender. Dry it becomes soft powdery amber with a hint of lavender. It's very much a skin scent.

This is a pleasant blend but not a star for me. I'm actually really curious about how it will age.

Baby powdery amber and a sharp, clean, herbal sort of lavender. Most of bpal's ambers turn to baby powder on me, and I don't like it, and I prefer my lavenders to be sweeter and creamier. This winds up being like baby powder and herbal lavender scented soap. I just don't like that powderiness at all.

Imp: Clean Astringent Lavender
Wet on Me: Still a very clean astringent-y lavender
Drying Down: starting to get that faint trace of the baby powder I smell with amber notes. It's softening the sharpness of the lavender making it soft and warm and almost fuzzy. Like a soft fluffy fuzzy blanket.
Dry: Delightful. What started out as sharp has softened down to this comforting blanket you wrap around yourself when you head downstairs on a cold blustery morning. TO KEEP!

Simple and sweet. The amber in this is warm and resin-y, I can practically smell the color. The lavender starts out bold on me, but softens a lot during dry down. At 2 hours, it's adorable. Win!

This does what it says on the tin. Amber and lavender, in equal measure. The amber is a bit powdery (which is ok in my book. I'm one of those odd folk who like amber even when its powdery), and the lavender is initially a little sharp and medicinal, but it evens out quickly.

It really is a close to the skin sort of scent, and I'm afraid my skin gobbled it up, leaving a lavender and amber shadow on my skin.

Shout out to a very generous BPALer for the ability to test this. You know who you are.

So this begins with a giant blast of lavender, and then calms down to a lavender-tinged amber blend. Smooth, resinous amber with just a touch of lavender. This one is calm and soothing. Good throw and wear length.

Wearing this to bed to night. I didn't even do a test, I just full on slathered, knowing there was no way it could go wrong, and it didn't.

I love wearing lavender to bed, and amber is a favourite as well. This is a beautiful, rich, sweet, warm and glowing amber. It's beautiful. The lavender melds with it perfectly. The sweetness of the amber balances the lavender and keeps it from being astringent. A new bedtime favourite!

This is a gorgeous lavender! perfect to relax and sleep with. the amber does come out to play after a few minutes, which turns the whole thing to more of a baby powder and resinous.

I prefer I am Tired of Tears and Laughter

This is sharp lavendar at first, but once it starts to dry the amber comes out and warms it up a lot. The sharpness of the lavender keeps it from going too soft though - it's like the amber rounds out of the sharp edges of the herby lavender and the lavender keeps the amber from going powdery. I don't need a bottle of this, but it is lovely.

In the imp: A mellow herbal lavender. When it first arrived a couple of days ago, I couldn't help taking an olfactory peek, and the jolt of sharpness really put me off. I'm glad it's smoothed out considerably since then! I may even be getting hints of warm, rounded amber, or that could just me be trying to smell the listed notes.

Wet: Gaaaaaaaah. *drools* Up close, it's a true herbal lavender, green and fresh out of the ground, with amber providing a broad, smooth, golden base for it to rest on. From further away, I get whiffs of the most gorgeous lavender-tinted amber every time I move my head. It quickly melds into something simple yet wholly unique, and I. Cannot. Get. Enough.

Dry: The throw settles down to skin-level pretty quickly, and from there on out it's pretty much what you'd expect. It occasionally veers a touch too sweet (making me want to layer it with something woody, like Krampus or The Antikythera Mechanism), but mostly it's my old friends amber and lavender making some beautiful music together. ;)

I've never bought a backup bottle before, since I tend to go through scents slowly, but given how amazing this is, in a year or so it will be knock-down, drag-out gorgeous and I may need an extra bottle or two around between now and then.

Edited by Lunasariel

In the imp I can smell only the lavender. It’s bright and fresh, but not harsh.

This continues to be an almost-pure lavender on my skin at first. The amber takes a little while to come forward. When it does, it’s very pretty and creamy, balancing the freshness of the lavender.

This blend feels somehow wholesome and old-fashioned, I think because it’s more herbal than perfumey. Very soft and close to the skin. I don’t usually wear perfume to bed, but I could see myself wearing this to bed.

This is basically a single note astringent lavender on me, which is OK, but I was really hoping for more amber here. After a bit, there is a whisper of amber, but the lavender is definitely the star player. I find this is a bit more masculine than other lavender blends, so maybe that is how the amber is contributing? I will always keep a lavender blend, I like it for sleep, so this bottle will not go to waste. I may age it a bit to see if the amber comes out a bit more.

Almost a single-note lavender. Warmed and sweetened just slightly by the amber. I like these notes, but as far as the lavender blends in this batch of Liliths, my preference is with the aquatic wistfulness of Waiting.

I tend to love the Lilith Lavender scents, so I definitely wanted a sniff of this one.

First Sniff Impression: Green, Herbal, Fresh, Summer

Wet in Vial: Herbal, slightly sharp lavender

Drying Down on Skin: Oooh, this is a nice one. The lavender is a little bit bitter, but the amber adds a nice warm, spicy sort of note. Drying down it's a very clean, fresh lavender with that bit of extra from the amber to make it an original scent, not just straight lavender.

Dry on Skin: This gets the tiniest bit medicinal dry, but it's not too bad. It would probably be nice and refreshing on a hot day when you don't want a heavy, sweet smell on you. However, I do feel like I'd like it better with some vanilla in there, but perhaps that would turn it too much into a different Lilith scent. This is subtle and pleasant, but also kind of simple. It also doesn't seem to have much strength, maybe only enough to get you through a "morning."

Conclusion: I like this one, but I don't think I like it enough for a whole bottle of it. But as with pretty much all the Liliths, I wouldn't mind a partial in an original bottle. It's ok, but not one of the best Lilith scents there are for me, especially with regards to the lavender ones.

First Sniff Impression: Alcoholic, like a white chocolate martini.

Wet in Vial: The coffee liqueur is by far the strongest note wet.

Drying Down on Skin: This one is immediately more sweet than I would expect it to be, maybe because the coffee is listed as "black." The coffee liqueur definitely is strong, giving it an almost Irish coffee smell. I can't get any cinnamon yet. --Ok, here's the cinnamon after about five minutes. The overpowering liqueur fades quickly, fortunately.

Dry on Skin: Dry, this has turned much more into a perfume as opposed to a coffee scent. It's the slightest bit floral and still sweet coffee, but not overpowering.

Conclusion: I liked this one. Not sure if I liked it enough for a full bottle, because smelling like coffee just reminds me of when I worked as a barista, but it's still a good one. The cinnamon helped a lot.

On me, this is Lilith's lavender with soft, golden amber. The lavender reigns during the dry phase and never disappears, but the amber note does become more prominent over time, and after several hours of wear, it's the dominant note (with the lavender still present, but much softer). I think it smells very comforting.

I am glad that I grabbed a bottle of this. It will get a lot of use as a bedtime scent.

Lavender and amber should have been a great combo on my skin, and it smells good in the bottle, but... it makes me have post-nasal drip and a scratchy throat. My allergies reacted like this was a conventional commercial blend. I think it's the lavender, because my allergic reaction calms down a bit as it dries and the amber comes out. But I'll be getting rid of this, sadly. :( :(

Good Morning, London was exactly what I expected on me: an initial blast of lovely herbal lavender which my skin quickly devoured, leaving an old-fashioned golden amber single note.  The amber did go a bit powdery after a couple of hours, but I didn't mind as it was still really nice.  It is in fact quite a gorgeous amber scent, but I have many ambers I love, and I think I will pass the decant on to someone whose skin will let them hang onto both the notes.  

Decant from Denise, 2016

In the imp: Pure, moist lavender

Wet: Lavender with a sweet base of amber, like a lavender shortbread with a fluffy oozing centre. The amber sweetens a lot as it starts to dry down.

Dry: To my nose, the exact lavender from TKO; powdery and herbaceous. The amber has a slight metallic edge, and for a scent so simple, the effect is truly lovely. Medium throw, very long-lived (pushing 12-15 hours)

Stars: ★★★★