Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Janel Kisner

Connecting Flight

Achievement Unlocked: Babys First Time Sleeping at an Airport

Lil is a born traveler. She has been easy to travel with and eager to go new places! ever since she hopped on her first plane at a little over a year old. While shes not too fond of long car rides, she loves trains and /LOVES/ flying

and she really, really loves airports. She loves what it symbolizes to her, and she simply loves being there. She loves watching people go to and fro, wondering where theyre going and where theyre coming from. She loves stale airport croissants, overpriced souvenir stands, and questionable day-old airport bagels. She loves buying chewing gum and city-branded trinkets, and she loves riding her suitcase like a go-kart.

An ill-timed overnight stopover in Mexico City marked Liliths first time sleeping in an airport. Suffice to say, she takes to it better than either of her parents. She slept through sirens and loudspeakers, through beeping trams and rattling carts all while Teddy and I sat bolt upright, zombified and staring.
I hope her love of travel never, ever wanes.

The distant scent of black coffee spiked with coffee liqueur and dusted with cinnamon.

It's hump day, and decided to try Connecting Flight this afternoon for a little pick me up. Wet, the coffee liqueur is pretty strong. Dry down, it doesn't smell like coffee, but reminds me more of coffee cake; vanilla cake and just a hint of cinnamon, paired with a steaming cup of coffee. I wasn't sure about it wet, but as it settled more, it smells quite lovely. I love the label for it.

In The Bottle: SO MUCH COFFEE. I am in love! Also a slight boozy aspect, which would be the coffee liqueur.

Wet On Skin: Oh man, this is amazing. It is indeed spiked coffee with a tiny, tiny bit of cinnamon. Really, the cinnamon plays a small role- if cinnamon is a possible deal breaker, I think you should try this, especially if you adore coffee, cause this is the greatest coffee scent since Bah! came out.

Dry Down: Yup, dark, rich, almost-Turkish coffee with a slightest dusting of cinnamon.

This might be heaven. I am in deep love. :wub2:

Did I get the wrong thing? This smells nothing like coffee to me, nothing at all like the coffee in Misk U. It smells kinda... funky and rancid. Gonna have to give this one another try because for whatever reason my skin HATES this today.

Smelled lovely in the bottle. Roasty coffee, boozy liqueur. But somehow it went very wrong on my skin. It was sweet in a sickly way, and my skin amped the booze too. I did get a little cinnamon, and it was a nice sweet cinnamon, but it wasn't pretty enough to save the scent on me unfortunately.

I have a hunch there's a great deal of variation with this one, because my decant isn't sweet at all. It smells like bad, bad, BAAAAD coffee and poop. Totally disgusting. There is nothing boozy or cinnamon-y about it.

In decant - sniffing this, I get coffee... and not sure if I get boozy out of this, but something there making it Turkish. :)

On skin - I am getting coffee with that cinnamon dusting to it. I do get a liqueur out of this, which, to me, isn't "boozy".... but that thick, richer slightly sweet scent like you get from Bailey's.... but this isn't Bailey's by no means.

Dry down - I do get a rich Turkish coffee out of this. This is strong on me, but stays close to the skin. I don't know why, but most of the coffee blends I have tried (except Bah!) tend to have this undertone of something else....can't pinpoint it. It isn't foody or gourmand. Almost....floral. I know, odd... but we all amp differently. :) I am good with my decant!

Edited by Numanoid

Wet: Coffee! To me, this is the same coffee note as in The Turkish Village and Café Mille. It's almost perfumey, sort of hard to describe. I do like it! I can smell hints of the liquor as well, but no cinnamon, which is surprising because I amp it.

Dry: Actually, sort of similar to Café MIlle on me. I like it, but it's not wowing me enough to compete with any of the other coffee scents I own. Glad to have tried it though! But I was hoping for straight up coffee (like the single note) mixed with cinnamon, and this is not.

Coffee and... apple? apple juice? I can't put my finger on it. It's sweet, and juicy, but I can't identify the note. Mostly cheap bitter black coffee — I see why everyone is saying "Turkish," because the family resemblance is there. The cinnamon shows up eventually, but it's the weird off kind. Fades soon.

I like coffee scents that smell sweet and creamy; this smells like dried, burnt coffee grounds and something like sour, rusty metal on me. Cinnamon is usually strong on my skin, but I can't pick it out here. It's very unpleasant on my skin.

This is so similar to Café Mille that I don't need a bottle. But it's certainly very nice and a very cozy coffee scent :)

On wet theres an undertone of something here that smells like it doesnt belong. It has a faint edge of fake pink bubblegum flavor... almost like pepto bismol. That quickly dies down to a warm coffee with whiffs of cinnamon. The oil is quickly eaten by my skin- I will let this sit for a little bit and then come back to it.

This smells wonderful from my decant, and stays that way for a solid minute until it dries. After that, all I am getting is somehow, a weird....mushroom scent? Something in this is too strong and grating and doesn't agree with my skin at all.

Cinnamon dusted coffee liquor. It reminds me as a softer version of Bah! (with the cinnamon), but I was hoping there would be something sweeter in it to make it less bitter.

Bitter espresso coffee. But it's right on the money. Decent throw and wear length.

so sad this doesn't smell like coffee at all to me, the description sounds perfect, but it smells harsh and cheap-cologne-y on me:(! hurt my nose and my head.

It doesn't smell like what I was expecting, but I like it anyways. It definitely needed a week to settle after being jostled around in the postal system, and it still fades too quick right now. I'm hoping that with time, it will last longer. I have a feeling that this scent will be well sought after with a couple of years of aging.

[edit] I obtained a partial bottle from a decanter and YUM I love this.

[update] Still love it - best scent of 2016 on me. I have observed a couple of things that I should comment on:

I don't find it foodie or gourmand. It's quite cologney when wet. Yes too I can smell the sour or rusted metal aspects of it, but those dissipate after a few minutes on my skin. I'm not sure now that it's batch variations or that this is just one of those really chemistry sensitive scents (like how Vetiver turns bacon on some people, but yet grassy herbal on people like me, for example). I say that if this scent sounds like your cup of coffee, take a gamble and try it -- you just might be surprised.

Edited by rawgirl75

From this thread it seems like there are a lot of batch variations in Connecting Flight, and my bottle seems to be the sour cologney variety. The above descriptions of rusted metal and cheap cologne are spot on, unfortunately. :wacko2:

The decant I have of this is pretty perfect! Distant but aromatic take-out coffee, and sweet coffee liqueur. The cinnamon is there but doesn't stick around long. There is a soft almost floral sweetness after a while that tempers the bitter coffee, works very well! I hope a bottle of this is going to be just as good, worried about the possible batch variations...

First Sniff Impression: Alcoholic, like a white chocolate martini.

Wet in Vial: The coffee liqueur is by far the strongest note wet.

Drying Down on Skin: This one is immediately more sweet than I would expect it to be, maybe because the coffee is listed as "black." The coffee liqueur definitely is strong, giving it an almost Irish coffee smell. I can't get any cinnamon yet. --Ok, here's the cinnamon after about five minutes. The overpowering liqueur fades quickly, fortunately.

Dry on Skin: Dry, this has turned much more into a perfume as opposed to a coffee scent. It's the slightest bit floral and still sweet coffee, but not overpowering.

Conclusion: I liked this one. Not sure if I liked it enough for a full bottle, because smelling like coffee just reminds me of when I worked as a barista, but it's still a good one. The cinnamon helped a lot.

A big cup of coffee with creme. As time goes on the cinnamon becomes more noticeable, but never overtakes the coffee. If you are searching for a coffee scent, I would recommend this one.