Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Daughter of ægis-bearing Jove, divine,
Propitious to thy votaries’ prayer incline;
From thy great father’s fount supremely bright,
Like fire resounding, leaping into light.
Shield-bearing goddess, hear, to whom belong
A manly mind, and power to tame the strong!
Oh, sprung from matchless might, with joyful mind
Accept this hymn; benevolent and kind!

Lilith making an offering at the Temple of Sulis-Minerva in Bath, asking the goddess to take care of her family. I love you and your huge heart, Lilith.

Mulberry and honey myrtle with flax and rosemary.

I'm the first to post a review!

I received a decant of Caldarium last night. The oil has, I believe, had sufficient time to settle.

From the vial, this stuff smells like a pack of Fruitstripe gum and the strawberry-flavored Amoxicillin I used to take for my ear infections when I was a kid, which was disgusting.

On my wrist, it quickly loses the medicinal smell. It now smells like Fruitstripe gum after it's kinda lost its flavor.

Meh.

Wet, Caldarium is a strong RED mulberry with an herbal base. The rosemary definitely amps the mulberry in the bottle. It's almost "tangy" and makes my mouth water a bit :lol: On my skin, the tartness almost immediately melts away, and what is left behind is a lovely red berry note that dries down nicely. One beautiful thing I noticed, is that after about an hour, the rosemary is much more apparent and quite nice. This would be a gorgeous fragrance to wear while catching snowflakes and drinking ice dusted vodka. Lovely~

Edited by Jenjin

I think I'm getting mostly mulberry and dry, herbal rosemary, which reminds me of being in the craft store around Christmas time and being overloaded with berry scented candles and dry, herbal wreaths. Even smells kind of waxy/plasticy on me. The berry doesn't remind me of cranberry or red currant, as those are more tart and juicy to me. This is strangely dry and fake-y.

I have to agree with Little Bird on this one.

I wanted it to be perfect but sadly it's not. It's very "waxy" smelling on my skin and the berry smells like berry lotion or some type of candle. I don't get any rosemary or any of the other notes.

Caldarium, along with Circus Bear, are the surprise Lilith hits for me. I get a ton of red mulberry and just a touch of rosemary. It's really just a red fruity juicy berry blend with enough of a green herbal base to prevent it from being too sweet. There's something peaceful about the blend which I'm attributing to the honey myrtle, because I find it calming in vibe.

I find mulberry to be somewhat of a Yule/winter-time smell for me. So I instantly got a Yule-vibe from this as well.

The combination of the mulberry and the honey myrtle give this a cough drop vibe while wet - not unpleasant but certainly distinctly medicinal. It settles down into a very pretty berry scent with just a little bit of rosemary. There is still a slightly honeyed quality as well, which keeps it from being too sharp.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it overall. It is quite relaxing, and I'm finding it comforting as well - I feel like it smells like an old English house might around the holidays - festive yet slightly subdued and old-fashioned. I'm not sure if it is something that I would really wear - I'm really on the fence. I'm going to have to test my decant a few more times I guess! :laugh:

Edited by joopjoop

Caldarium starts off with a big sweet berry blast, almost candy-like. As it drys down, there’s a warmth that emerges. I’m contributing this to the flax seed. I like the drydown well enough, but I’m not much of a berry person. I wish I got a huge blast of rosemary!

On a side note, I read that honey myrtle can help with calming the nerves. 

Delicious tart-sweet berry in the bottle. Goes on as ooh I like this! berry punch. WOW, this is awesome. Really intense. Gorgeous.

…and it’s gone in two minutes flat? buh?

Reapplying…

nope, there it goes again. Dammit. I really liked this. :(

In the imp this is RED BERRY with a bit of herbal greenness and I'm transported to a 16th century kitchen for a moment. A bit nervous because sometimes berry notes go wonky with my skin chemistry. On my skin the berry actually takes a step back and I get mostly rosemary after that, and a sweet-floral I think must be the honey myrtle. It's a very soothing scent!

Wet: Lovely tart dripping berries.

Drydown: The berries mellow, and a soft honeyed rosemary peeps in.

Dry: Herbal honey, with nary a berry in sight (or sniff).

Caladrium was mostly about the mulberry on me, with just touches of the other notes (the flax was more noticeable to me than the others). It's definitely a scent for berry lovers.

I'm really glad I got to try it, since I had to be selective about my 2016 Liliths as I was living in Germany at the time, but I was really hoping there would be more rosemary with that berry!