Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

A Little More Tea

In June, Lilith was cast as the Mad Hatter in her theater schools production of Alice in Wonderland. Typecast much?

Lilith says that the Mad Hatter should smell like tea (EARL GREY!) with honey and cream and lots and lots of cookies.

A MAD TEA PARTY orgy with teetering cakes, frosting and sparkling currents. More sugary frosting than cream, and the fruits are syrupy with sweetness and jam. So rich and decadent, it moves through different stages from lemony tea, to cakes and cookies with a fruity finish. I can still smell it on me several hours after application and I dream of warm cookies spread with red sticky fruits. The White Rabbit smiles as he pours more tea and I must loosen my belt :bunnyluv:

In the bottle and fresh onto my skin, I have what smells like a lemony white frosting. Once it starts to dry a little it's bergamot from the Earl Grey with some buttery cookies. It isn't overly heavy on the butter though. I actually just remembered some cookies I used to be fond of but haven't thought of in ages - Key Lime or Lemon tea cookies, shortbread style with powdered sugar on them. That's what this makes me think of, only the citrus variant is bergamot. I get a teeny bit of something smoky, which the black tea note sometimes does on me. I'm not fond of smoky notes but that stage didn't last long, and I had to sniff my wrist closely to smell it. Then this becomes a really nice, light tea and cookies scent. I like this because it's not as overly rich and buttery as some blends are, which are fun but can sometimes get to be a bit too much for me. Glad I got a bottle of this! :yum:

This one was amazing in the bottle - I get a strong whiff of buttery cookies with an underpinning of something sweet and creamy (it's lovely, and foodie!).

Once on my skin, the cookie fades, and some of the tea starts to come forward (and surprisingly, it doesn't have that anise/licorice undertone to it that I usually get with tea scents, so it's a gorgeous creamy sweet cookie soaked in earl grey tea).

Unfortunately, this doesn't last long, and it sort of fades to a smell that reminds me of play-doh. Not particularly unpleasant, but not something I'll be keeping. Off to my swaps.

Edited by Vashtya

I'm always on the fence if I actually like foodie scents since they're hard to actually wear for me, as opposed to breathing in for yumminess, but I love Earl Grey so I wanted to try this one.

First Sniff Impression: Very sweet. Tea and cookies!

Wet in Vial: Mostly the cookies, and a creamy tea.

Drying Down on Skin: Right away getting a cookies and cream smell. It's sweet but not super duper sweet like some other cake/cookie smells I've tested. Drying down the cookies are fading a little and a sweet tea smell is coming forward.

Dry on Skin: The fully dries as a semi-sweet cream. It's nice, but not really stand-out to me. I also didn't get much of a specifically Earl Grey tea in this.

Conclusion: This is one of those ones I thought I'd really love, and I do like it, but I'm glad I only have a decant. It's much sweeter than I thought it would be. I think it would be hard to wear it often.

A Little More Tea

In the Bottle: Milky earl grey tea and buttery biscuits

Wet: Immediately upon application, there is a strong pulse of citrusy lemon present. It kind of reminds me more of bergamot in its sharp, slightly floral sweetness- compared to the lemon dropped tea I get from Dorian. The biscuits (or cookies, if you're American) are instantaneously nearly lost on me even though they were very strong and sugar-cookie-sans-the-sugar in the bottle.

Drydown: The dry down smells more like lemon squeezed honey tea with crumbs and traces of biscuit. I can pick up a creaminess from the crumbs- rather than in the tea, but this has a lot more lemon-citrus thriving on me..more than I’d have liked. The biccies remind me of the ones in Teatime in Roswell during this phase.

TL;DR: Lemon honey tea and biscuit crumbs.

Edited by celestia

Oh, man. I get no tea at all from this. Earl Grey is my favorite, so I'm doubly sad about it. There are many, many butter cookies here, though, with some honey and a weird plasticky note. Maybe that's the tea after all, but something's off about it and it makes me wrinkle my nose. I'll pass this on to someone who will like it more.

Edited by lizabelle

In the bottle: The sweet notes are the most prominent on first sniff (the honey and cream are stronger than the cookies), but I can smell all of the notes, with a strong blast of Earl Grey when I inhale deeply.

Wet: Buttery shortbread cookies, followed by the honey and cream, and then the Earl Grey. The Earl Grey note really does smell like Earl Grey. The bergamot is rather strong, and the black tea isn't turning to licorice on me (at the moment).

Dry: I'm getting more of a soft honey and cream on my wrists, followed by the cookies, with the tea in the background. In the crooks of my elbows, the cookie and tea notes are much stronger, with the honey and cream playing a lesser role.

Verdict: I was worried this would be too much buttery cookie on me when I returned to the US and smelled this last month. Fortunately, the cookie note ends up calming down on my wrists, making this a lovely honey and cream scent with cookies and Earl Grey in the background on me! And although the cookie and tea notes are strongest in the crooks of my elbow, I'm not having a problem with the buttery cookies at all... and the tea hasn't turned to licorice on me. I'm glad I ordered this one!

Edited by dementia_divine

Wet: Honey and cookies! No tea, yet.

Dry: Ah, there's some tea! This is more cookies and honey on my skin, with the tea in the background.

I dig this one. Yum!

Edited by donkehpoo

I love this little scent. I wore it after I had my son so it has wonderful memories attached to it. It’s a little perfect cookie scent with some tea to make it more soothing. So sweet. :wub:

Corn chips? Dog feet? Skin chemistry can be brutal. 

I get very buttery, crumbly cookies from this, with just a hint of earl grey peeking out during the dry down. I like the foodie quality of this, but I was hoping for a little more tea.

Another one I never figured that'd work on me, or that I would like to begin with. Maybe because I think I had Alice in mind, for as far as I remember this one was... not good with my chemistry. However, this is DELICIOUS, and makes me feel like a sweet, happy, precious, little (vanilla blueberry?) muffin. 

Always wanted to know what it feels like being a precious little muffin. Not dissapointed.