Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Coconut Meat

In The Bottle: Oh, YES. coconut. Coconut like "slow-cooking coconut oil" kind of coconut.

Wet On Skin: More of the same. This is just what I was hoping for.

Dry Down: A beautiful, dry, yummy coconut. It's not terribly sweet or even terribly foodie. It's a rich-but-light coconut, like unsweetened coconut flakes or that simmering low-heat coconut oil I described before. It's the coconut I was hoping to get with Obatala and just...didn't.

In All: low to medium throw, this scent can be worn just as it is for coconut fans like myself, or you can totally layer this with other scents- I'm already plotting how it'll do with last month's French Vanilla! I am SO glad I got two bottles!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I love coconut in many of the Lab's scents. I even have a tiny bit of the first run of SN Coconut. Of course I was going to try this.

In the Bottle: Sweet coconut, on the foody side - like opening up a bag of shredded coconut. It's a bit more foody than the original Coconut SN when I sniff one after the other.

Wet: Not quite as sweet as before but I still think kitchen more than beach.

Drydown: The sweetness is gone at this point and the scent is a dry coconut, much less foody than before. It's a more in-its-natural-state coconut, but there isn't anything tipping it into tropical/suntan oil territory.

Verdict: I think I like the wet stage better, when there's still a bit of sweetness in it, but I'm curious to try layering this with other things. Experimentation will happen.

So I used to obsess over coconut things when I was a kid, and this included buying raw coconuts, drilling holes in them to drain the milk, then smashing them with hammers in the garage and gobbling up the meat as best I could with my grimy little kid fingers.

And that's what this smells like to me. =^.^=

This is an absolutely perfect coconut scent and exactly what I wanted it to be. It's a foodie coconut for definite, sweet and sugary.

Reminds me of the pink and white slabs of Coconut Ice I buy every year when the fair comes to town.

My favourite single note to date. Gorgeous.

Holy cricket that's good!

No suntan lotion scent here. This is mostly identifiable to me as the "cold" coconut note I love so much in Tiki Princess and Apple V 2015. Fresh and delicious!

(eta to fix a stupid mistake)

Edited by Leopard403

This is a beautiful fresh coconut scent. Very sweet, not too creamy. Tropical, but not sunscreen-y. An absolutely perfect coconut!

So, you may or may not know this about me, but I am a coconut fiend. Like, it's a problem. Coconut comes up in 22 bottles in my collection! Like I said, a problem. So obviously I had to have this single note!

Wet: Yessss. Warm, sweet, tropical, pure coconut. This is gorgeous. I love it. This is not the husky coconut from So Below, Raptures and Roses, Death Adder, etc. This is the white coconut meat of Paper Kite, Tiki Princess, Lovers and a Fan. It's tropical and makes me want to lay on the beach and drink drinks that have little umbrellas in them. It's pretty much happiness, in a bottle, really. You should probably try some.

Dry: Doesn't morph. Coconut, pure and true! I may need to find more. It smells like summer and everything good about life.

Coconut oil used for cooking, washed out with a sheer, white musk type of scent. Turns plasticy in the drydown and doesn't last more than a half hour. I'm not liking most of the lab's newer single note blends.

Edited by Little Bird

This was a very true coconut scent at first, but as it dried down, a very synthetic scent came out, so it smelled a lot like coconut-scented suntan lotion. I actually got some wafts that reminded me of gasoline, which I love the smell of, but not sure I'd want in a perfume.

After the really synthetic note fades, there is a light but sweet coconut note remaining.

So saddened, it's all fake plastic coconut on me. Chemically plastic. Not even coconutty. SO SAD. It remained this way from wet to dry and that is just a shame!

Wet: Smells like cheap, fake coconut cake. Dry, Sweeter fresh coconut. PASSING SO HARD ON THIS. But I am glad I got to try it. :thumbsup:

Glad I'm not alone on the plastic train.

Sadly this is just fake, oily, plastic chemicals on me. It starts out kiiinda' coconut? But then quickly devolves into artificial nastiness.

A shame since coconut is one of my favorite notes, but notoriously hard to capture.

This one starts off as sweet chewy coconut, like the kind of coconut macaroon that you eat. And as it dries, it gets more plasticky on my skin and ends up straight up suntan lotion coconut smell on me. Of course it has great throw and wear length.

I smell like I'm ready for the beach!

At first, true, meaty sweet coconut. A bit like coppertone, only sweeter. I smell like the beach at -25! After a bit, it becomes dusty, like there's a bit of husk in the coconut. Still veeeeery sweet. I do love me some coconut, Death Adder is the best IMHO, but this baby on its own is just too sweet. I want coconut cream pie now.

Fake suntan lotion meets coconut oil in a frying pain.

Kinda bummed, but I really should just buy a bottle of Obatala which is awesome for my coconut needs.

This smells very much like a coconut lotion that I bought in the clearance section from Burlington Coat Factory. Very sweet gourmandy coconut, sugary, kind of chewy, reminds me of coconut shreds on a yummy coconut cream pie, kind of leaning towards artificial and a smidge plasticky? I actually like this type of foodie coconut, but I'm not sure I NEED to own this bottle if I already have my aforementioned lotion hahah!