Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ladyjc

Lilith's Hair Gloss

Lavender, white musk, sweet hops, and a little French vanilla.

This is soo good. I didn't realize I needed more lavender in my life until this. I'm not getting a whole lot of hops and the white musk lends a bit of cleanness to it. This is mostly a sweet lavender vanilla to me. Perfect for those who missed TKO hair gloss (please bring it back!). I just ordered my 2nd bottle. <3

this is so beautiful!

yes, close to TKO with the lavender and the vanilla. but yet also its own thing, entirely different in feel.

soft lavender, sweetened with vanilla, warmed by musk. [not sure that my nose knows what hops in perfume smells like; I'm not getting anything that reminds me of what I've used when brewing beer].

this is soft, gentle and light. the throw and wearlength are perfect for a child's hg: gently present and reassuringly detectable, light enough for any occasion...work, school outings, etc...and there's a big dose of love in this too.

thank you for sharing this, puddin! :heart:

I sniffed but did not test this at the NYCC booth. It is a lovely vanilla-sweetened lavender, soft and round and not astringent like lavender can be at times. I think the musk softens the edges just a bit; and I'm not sure what sweet hops would smell like, only familiar with the bitter variety. Overall, if you like lavender, this is a lovely one!

Delicious, sweet, almost fruity-smelling lavender. It's very soft and gentle, rather than sharp/herbal/astringent, and reminds me strongly of LUSH's Twilight (lavender/tonka) bath bombs. I can't pick out the hops, which I've never smelled in perfume before, or even the white musk, though it might be what makes the lavender softer and more gentle than usual. I put about four sprays worth in my hair last night, usually enough for my wife to smell the HG from the other end of the apartment, and instead the scent just clung in a soothing lavender cloud around my head.

I actually like this better than TKO, which goes weird and slightly plasticky on me, and even better than aged Paris, my former favorite BPAL lavender. If you like lavender, this is a must have.

The sharp lavender is all I can smell at first, and as it settles in/dries down, it gets gentler and sweeter. I'm kind of smelling the hops in the background, but it's not bitter at all. I'm not sure I smell any musk or vanilla, though the vanilla might be adding to the sweetness/smoothness.

As it gets even drier, I'm smelling the musk and the sharp herbalness of the lavender has totally gone. It's a really sweet and pleasant smell that I wouldn't mind having my hair smell like all the time! I keep tossing my hair back and forth and smelling it. :)

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: The only note that gave me pause was the hops. That was what made me wait on a few reviews and Weenies before ordering.

In the Bottle: Sharp and strong lavender, almost overwhelmingly so.

On Wet Hair: Almost immediately something - I think it's the vanilla but it could be the hops - is softening the lavender and making the overall impression sweet and gentle. This is the stage that makes me think of TKO a bit.

Blow-dried: It settles down into lavender tempered by the other notes and I think mainly the white musk is doing that job now. It's a very gentle scent.

Verdict: I think I may need another bottle or two of this. It's a perfect work scent and very soft and soothing.

Apparently I totally forgot to review this! I have been using it as a moisturizer almost nightly. I adore it. Lavender and musk dominant on me, it is soothing and pretty. It makes me happy, and I am glad to have it! I would love a perfume of this for bedtime, too, or an Atmo.

TKO lavender and a giant dollop of vanilla. I can see why this is so sought after. It really does make me think of TKO. Good throw and wear length.

Yes, very reminiscent of TKO. I love it! If you are a fan of lavender and vanilla you will like this.

Lilith's HG is definitely reminiscent of TKO, but is even softer and more pillowy, less herbal. I get primarily lavender and vanilla, with the white musk and hops in the background making it a little 'fluffier' and 'chewier' than lavender and vanilla would be on their own. The result is a downy lavender cloud of hair gloss that's comforting and pretty.

The hops were the first thing I smelled when I sprayed this. Once I sniffed my hair, it was a sweet, hoppy lavender-vanilla cloud. Very pretty.

Very nice, TKO-like lavender blend. I've been after this a long time, and I have to say I like a Sweet Sleep hair gloss better, its got a bit more going on, more playful and girly. This is straight up bedtime. I still like it, but probably will try to hunt down more of the other.

Echoing the TKO vibes with this one. It has that dry, fluffiness of TKO but I find this a little sweeter and softer (zero herbal/astringent edges that sometimes come with lavender) with the vanilla. Soft cleanness from the white musk, and maybe a green tinge from the hops? I can't quite pin my nose on that note. A lovely lavender blend, glad I finally got my thorns on it!

WHAT?! HOW DID I NEVER REVIEW THIS ONE!? :eek: 

This hair gloss wins the award of most bottles of one hair gloss in my collection. It's my go-to lavender hair gloss (although I also love A Sweet Sleep and The Serpentine HGs). It's a bold lavender and vanilla. I think the hops and white musk may add a bit of a fuzzy quality to it. It reminds me more of LUSH's Twilight than the Lab's TKO, but the BPAL scent it is actually most reminiscent of is the 2017 Lilith Daybreak (only, without the coconut). If you love Lilith's lavender, and you love hair gloss, you need to try this. I absolutely adore it and never want to be without it. :heart: