Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Convallaria

Poisoned Apple Martini

Which teetotaler dad ordered a martini just so his daughter could get the light up ice cube that came with it? Luckily, it was tasty and I didn’t fall into the Sleeping Death.

I would do almost anything to bring a smile to my Lilith.

Sour apple martinis!

What it says in the description: apple+light booze. I expected Shade with apple instead of grapefruit and without fizz and that's what I got! After a while, the booze evaporates and it's pretty much apple SN. It's not synthetic enough to remind me of cleaning agents and like, but I cannot guarantee it will work for everyone. Very light with medium throw at the start, drydown is close to skin but surprisingly long-lasting for this type of scent. (Longer than Shade, I believe.)

Poisoned apple martini is a fun scent more me. Wet it's all green apple. That juicy burst of tart and sweet fragrant apple when you take that first bite into a perfect Granny Smith/ golden delicious hybrid, if such a thing. Drying down, hints of younger days and a green apple schnapps. For me, drydown is a pretty true apple, zero booze, yet a clear sweetness. Green apple and rock candy. Not quite a jolly rancher, but similar apple note. Moderate sillage, great wear length.

Fun and happy apple scent. It's not for everyone per say as a go to Perfume, yet an undeniably cheerful, huge smile scent.

In the decant I have, I sniff the light boozy part of it.... there is apple there. On my skin though, after a few minutes, I get a perfume-y apple martini. Was hoping this would have been more of a fresh, apple martini....with a zing. But no....just a bit too perfume-y on me sadly.

Clean, tart, green apple with a hint of soapiness on my skin. Has kind of an apple air freshener scent to me in the drydown. Light and not really boozy or sweet enough for me.

I have to say how geeked I am about this one. I’m a HUGE fan of BPAL/BPTP’s apple notes. They play so well with my skin.

In the bottle – Fizzy green apple soda. Like Jones’, just a bit less sweet and more tart.

Wet on skin – Oh, this smells just like The green apple lip gloss in a tin used to when I was a kid. I loved this stuff. This is turning out to be perfect.

Dry-down – It’s mellowing a bit, seems to be just a hint of something floral in there, but the APPLE smell has almost thinned a bit, watery, without being watered down….kind of like if you drank the apple martini, and then shoved your nose in the glass to smell the remants? Maybe that's the booze note...but I've not actually smelled BOOZE on me, which means this will be a great, light, fresh scent I can indulge in at work.

I love this…absolutely freaking love this. I’m so glad I got the bottle, and I will wear the HELL out of it! :squee:

Apple Jolly Rancher in the bottle (which is a good scent). Goes on as apple plus gin. The gin disappears for a bit and there's only Granny Smith juice — basically identical to Pure Applesauce. But give it a moment; the gin comes back, muscling the apple out of the way altogether. It's not fizzy like Twenty-One, but it's definitely that gin note.

Not as heavy as Twenty-One, I think, and it suffers a bit for obliterating the apple. After maybe half an hour the Jolly Rancher note kicks out the booze, and in an hour the entire thing is gone. :(

Edited by Soupy Twist

I don't know what happens to this but oh wow it did not like me :( Starts off as an amazing perfect apple martini. The apple is a bit synthetic but works well as a cocktail scent. And then it just... sours. Really badly. Awful sour bile, I had to scrub it off :(

I agree with Soupy's description of this apple being like an apple jolly rancher plus some gin. And indeed, the gin note is not as strong as it is in Twenty-One. Then the apple takes on a sweet, waxy quality. It's an artificial apple note that I don't normally get from the Lab, but I guess it would make sense here since this is the scent of an apple-infused alcoholic beverage, not that of a fresh apple. The gin remains confined to a background role behind the apple, but it is more noticeable after a few hours of wear.

I'm glad I got to try this, but I have many apple scents from the Lab that I enjoy more than this one, so I will be passing the decant on so someone else will have a chance to try it. :) 

i picked this up on a whim from etsy. again thirding the description of a green apple jolly rancher paired with gin! pretty sweet with a little crispness. after awhile though it's going soapy kitchen cleaner on me. thankfully it's very light so not bothersome at all. 

not a fan of apple notes typically so i can't judge this the way i would like. probably won't reach for it often....perhaps if i'm sick and just need a little perfume boost without making me feel nauseated.

Fizzy (bordering on soapy) green apple with an herbal edge from the gin. Candied but not cloying sweet. Unfortunately the fizzy/soap note dominates on me and gives me kind of a cleaning product vibe.