Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Samhain Hair Gloss

Truly the scent of autumn itself — damp woods, fir needle, and black patchouli with the gentlest touches of warm pumpkin, clove, nutmeg, allspice, sweet red apple and mullein.

YOU GUYS. It's SAMHAIN. For your HAIR. I could probably just end the review there, because that's all that really needs to be said. Classic Samhain doesn't seem to agree with my skin chemistry (pretty sure it's the patchouli), but I took a gamble on this guy because fall scents are my jam and I was so desperate for some wearable Samhain in my life. JACKPOT. I smelled like a harvest festival today and it was glorious. This is basically just fall in a bottle. (Like, the label could actually just say "Fall in a Bottle.") The only downside? It's still summer weather and wearing Samhain made me crave autumn and all its trappings. When I applied this, I had a sudden urge to scamper through damp leaves in the forest in the dead of night when it's not quite foggy and not quite drizzling. After a couple hours with Samhain in my hair, the foresty notes moved into the background and I found myself desperate for spiced cider and pumpkin pie and fireside revelry and autumn mischief. This stuff is dangerous. I love it.

Yep....

In the bottle - Samhain as we all know and love! To add, I only just tried the perfume oil not long ago because, patchouli to me is like holy water to vampires! However, I have learned that it all has to do with the blend!

So, I spritz in my hands and run through damp hair. At first I was horrified... I got.... bug spray?? What the heck? BUT always wait for it... after a few... ahh... there it is!! Wonderful apple and mulling spices. It is actually subtle to me, but oh so wonderful. I also get that just starting to go into Autumn bite to it. Probably that damp woods smell.

If you love Samhain, please get this. It doesn't disappoint!

Echoing hammy and Numanoid here. If you already know what Samhain smells like and love it, then what are you waiting for?! BUY THIS NOW!! If you don't think hair gloss is the product for you but you love Samhain, BUY THIS AND WEAR IT AS A BODY SPRAY! You know how sometimes when one of the BPAL/BPTP scents is translated into a different medium and different notes become more prominent than in the original scent? Well Samhain is the truest of the true from perfume to hair gloss. It's that same gorgeous autumn in a bottle scent we all know and love.

If you aren't certain from the notes, Samhain smells like nothing else. Fir woods, apples, spiciness, and the essence of Halloween to me. The notes are well-blended but I always get a top note that is slightly menthol. That isn't present in the hair gloss. I hope this sticks around long enough for me to buy a backup bottle because I want to wear this every fall for years to come.

Samhain HG is what I want Samhain to be every year, but isn't. Cidery woods, cold air, and a touch of earthiness, and a touch of coming darkness. We don't get autumn here in Houston, but when I close my eyes with this on, I can imagine it.

PS: It smells strangely yummy when mixed with Lilith's hair gloss.

I really enjoy Samhain 2016 from this year, but my Samhain hair gloss doesn't smell right at all. It's weirdly metallic and just smells like cheap, generic hairspray and something dusty, musty and medicinal. Chemical and white. I can't even smell any of the spices from it, and no apple or pumpkin. I guess maybe I got a bad bottle.

Samhain smells like Samhain but there's slightly less apple in the Hair gloss than the perfume. Still good, though, now that it's the proper season to wear it! :ghost: