Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
elka_knits

Dragonfire Dragonclaw Polish

I haven't tried the claw polish because I am a paddle brush lover and most indie folks use narrow brushes. However I broke down for this color--the blackened glow-y red that makes up the vast majority of my polish collection--and was lucky enough to score a fairy for dragon con.

The polish applies smoothly and evenly with full coverage on one coat but I did two out of habit. I am not sure I knew it had a slight shimmer from the picture adverting the colors. I probably thought it was a creme but color me happy. I took a picture and may update if I ever upload it anywhere.

PS closer to a paddle brush than not so I expect I will purchase more claw polishes in the future

Origin: A wonderful fairy helped me with Dragon*Con.

Initial Thoughts: There were only five to choose from, so why choose?

In the Bottle: So, take Le Léthé and its rich classic sports-car red. Take A House That Bleeds from the Crimson Peak line and its brick red with coppery undertones. Dragonfire is almost a perfect balance between the two.

One coat: This is a nice rich but not very thick creme with a glittery sheen. A practiced hand could probably get full coverage in one coat.

Two coats: A smooth and satiny red shine.

46741_900.jpg

Verdict: This is a lovely polish, just as good as other BPTP products. I'm not quite sure I need three slightly different nail polishes, but this is a very, very pretty red.